ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter: Micah Parsons sending out some "love" to Jarod Verkleeren

I told Micah Parsons at the Blue/White game I wanted to challenge him to a wrestling match. His response... "You don't want any of this." Lol
I can't wait to see what he does on the football field for PSU over the next 3 years, but talk about what ifs. If Micah had stayed with wrestling and given up football I have no doubt that we would be talking about Gable as the 2nd ranked recruit coming out this year. I'm guessing Beard wouldn't be coming, the 285s would also be on notice and Snyder would probably be aware of his heir apparent.

Of course that decision would have delighted PSU wrestling fans but probably cost Micah millions and millions in the long run.

I can't wait to see what he does on the football field for PSU over the next 3 years, but talk about what ifs. If Micah had stayed with wrestling and given up football I have no doubt that we would be talking about Gable as the 2nd ranked recruit coming out this year. I'm guessing Beard wouldn't be coming, the 285s would also be on notice and Snyder would probably be aware of his heir apparent.

Of course that decision would have delighted PSU wrestling fans but probably cost Micah millions and millions in the long run.
He was that good of a wrestling prospect? impressive

Also a good basketball player and ran track

Ray Lewis was a state champion wrestler in Florida. Would have been interesting to see how he would have turned out as a wrestler with his work ethic, athletic ability, strength and explosiveness.

With Micah Parsons, you have a lot of those same traits.

Yeah, unfortunately wrestling will never get Micah what he is likely to make in the NFL. `

Last edited:
Reactions: ptomaselli

How good of a wrestling prospect he would've been takes some skills projection since he hasn't wrestled in a few years.

However, he was a PJW champ. He beat Kawaun Deboe (Erie Prep HWT 2018 state finalist) in the finals. Other PJW champs that year and age group included Beard, Hoffman, Labriola, and Josiah Jones (2x PA finalist and OU HWT commit).

In a subsequent year he lost at PJW finals in rideouts to Cole Nye, 2x PA 220 champ and Michigan State RSFR. (Parsons would've won under college rules, with an edge throw called out in youth and Nye ankle grab stalling in OT.)

Had he stuck with wrestling and stayed healthy, I'll guess he would've been at least a 2x champ, maybe 3x depending on which weight class. IMO as a SO he would've won HWT (Gunning) but maybe not 220 (Robb obliterated that weight). Both weights would've been hard for him as a FR (SR Dunn, JR Wood).

Pretty easy to tell he'd be athletically at the top of the heap with Steveson, Kerkvliet, and a very few others. Skill development is the difficult projection.

Ray Lewis was a state champion wrestler in Florida. Would have been interesting to see how he would have turned out as a wrestler with his work ethic, athletic ability, strength and explosiveness.

With Micah Parsons, you have a lot of those same traits.
Wilt Chamberlain, if there had been a 285 pound limit. Now Wilt in a singlet ... maybe not a good idea.

Reactions: Reslo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT