ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter: Looking forward to the World Championships in Budapest like never before

amalone

Oct 12, 2005

Jordan Burroughs, Kyle Snyder, Adeline Grey, Kyle Dake, David Taylor and James Green... all possible of getting medals... It's going to be on in Budapest and I can't wait.

Love that picture of DT and Kid Dynamite. All those accomplished US wrestlers along with their teammates... I'm going to root for until my lungs and heart give out. No less.

Last edited:
Sure thing! Soon after Spyker pays his $500 and Tognetti posts his PSU-shirt photo. ;)
I don't know if you were here on the site at the time DW... but JoseyWales from Hawkeye Report a few years ago... We had a bet he sadly lost :rolleyes: and I sent him a Penn State Wrestling shirt he's probably burned by now... but the bet was to wear it. He did ONE BETTER... he wore it, arm and arm with Terry Brands in the photo. I'll repost the now famous photo when I get home today, but at least he was a man of his word.

You know Skyper's money is funny and his credit just can't get it... and Tognetti is a RAT who most likely lives in a gopher hole with Jammer... aka Jammenz… aka Captain Penn State Obsessed... aka Super Fan Boy of all things Penn State... aka Capt. Consolation for being in Cael's rear mirror... for life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
I don't know if you were here on the site at the time DW... but JoseyWales from Hawkeye Report a few years ago... We had a bet he sadly lost :rolleyes: and I sent him a Penn State Wrestling shirt he's probably burned by now... but the bet was to wear it. He did ONE BETTER... he wore it, arm and arm with Terry Brands in the photo. I'll repost the now famous photo when I get home today, but at least he was a man of his word.

You know Skyper's money is funny and credit just can't get it... and Tognetti is a RAT who most likely lives in a gopher hole with Jammer... aka Jammenz… aka Captain Penn State Obsessed... aka Super Fan Boy of all things Penn State... aka Capt. Consolation for being in Cael's rear mirror... for life.

that picture was great! Brands was obviously a good sport about it as well

and yes, Team USA is friggin loaded!!!!! cant wait for them to bring the championship back home again!

Is there a Men's freestyle weight where we are not favored to get a medal or at lest very likely to get a medal? We have Gilman - world silver. Steiber- world gold. Burroughs and Green and Snyder and Cox all with multiple world medals. DT and Dake are the only ones with out medals but they have beaten world and olympic medalist. Colon or Garret may be the only one not favored to medal. That is pretty impressive. Am I Missing someone? Oh yeah Gwiz or Coon. Would we say Gwiz is favored to get a medal?

Reactions: andegre
Is there a Men's freestyle weight where we are not favored to get a medal or at lest very likely to get a medal? We have Gilman - world silver. Steiber- world gold. Burroughs and Green and Snyder and Cox all with multiple world medals. DT and Dake are the only ones with out medals but they have beaten world and olympic medalist. Colon or Garret may be the only one not favored to medal. That is pretty impressive. Am I Missing someone? Oh yeah Gwiz or Coon. Would we say Gwiz is favored to get a medal?
Gwiz is definitely a medal contender but probably not a favorite. Akgul is the clear favorite to win, and Petrashvili likely next. After that is a cluster of guys, Gwiz among them.

Also not convinced Stieber is a favorite. Didn't he win gold at a different weight? Plus his results have been kinda up and down for a while now. Maybe when he's on -- but "when he's on" is a phrase for potential contenders, not for favorites.

I sure wish each and every wrestler the best. In International Wrestling Tournaments, it's not unlike the NCAA's however. Strange things can and will happen, and that doesn't even consider the refereeing issues that are part of the sport. Looking forward to seeing the guys compete.

Isn’t there a seeding tournament before Worlds sometime this summer ?

Just like NCAAs, gotta figure you could have some unbalanced sides of brackets - dumb luck with seeding could go either way.

Potential ignorance alert, as I don't follow intl. wrestling...There seems like too many names there for the team. Colon is thee likely culprit, as he isn't on the team, right?

Potential ignorance alert, as I don't follow intl. wrestling...There seems like too many names there for the team. Colon is thee likely culprit, as he isn't on the team, right?
Garrett beat Colon to make the team, but that was after the post you quoted.

Isn’t there a seeding tournament before Worlds sometime this summer ?

Just like NCAAs, gotta figure you could have some unbalanced sides of brackets - dumb luck with seeding could go either way.
I could be wrong, but I believe seeing is random at worlds, which is lame.

Top guys are separated. Seeding is done on a point system that was good at first, but they changed the policy. (2017 world's doesn't count (previous year's Worlds will count in future))

there are 4 int'l tournaments (they call them 'rankings tournaments') where you can earn seed points.

one of which is Yasar Dogu, which all our #'1s are going to next month.

DgVoRF7WkAEbD4h

There was iron in JoseyWales’ words of life! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT