ADVERTISEMENT

tv networks for wrestling-mens

psykim

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2001
I have seen wrestling schedule here and Greg Pickel posted a fine article on main BWI site. Does anyone know tv networks for matches? I am wondering why they do not have a "FINALS" with the 6 weight
class finals back to back to back, etc (finals for different weight classes are on different days) which I think would draw more attention from the main network and the casual fan. One thing about the Olympics is there are many casual "fans" who may watch a sport every 4 years (just during Olympics) and are not the hard core fan that posts on this board. I sure hope David Taylor does well. Most of us have been rooting hard for since he switched his commitment to PSU years ago because of Cael and there are few wrestlers that have been more fun to watch. What dedication he has and the other Olympic wrestlers have. It isi lnteresting to note that both Taylor and Dake wrestled at lower weight classes in high school and kept growing and growing into the higher weights. From my son in law who wrestled in HS at the same time as Dake, Dake was good in high school but not at the level of Taylor in high school. Clearly, Dake has become now a superstar and I bet will at least win a medal.
I am glad that Taylor has a wrestling involved business now. He is a very intelligent man who shows incredible enthusiasm for the sport and represents the sport and PSU well. I had gone up to say hello to him twice at PSU and he could not have been more gracious!

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Think about guys having to make weight or the complete opposite not having to make weight. They complete an event and move on to the next one. There is no difference for what they do for swimming, track.

I have seen wrestling schedule here and Greg Pickel posted a fine article on main BWI site. Does anyone know tv networks for matches? I am wondering why they do not have a "FINALS" with the 6 weight
class finals back to back to back, etc (finals for different weight classes are on different days) which I think would draw more attention from the main network and the casual fan. One thing about the Olympics is there are many casual "fans" who may watch a sport every 4 years (just during Olympics) and are not the hard core fan that posts on this board. I sure hope David Taylor does well. Most of us have been rooting hard for since he switched his commitment to PSU years ago because of Cael and there are few wrestlers that have been more fun to watch. What dedication he has and the other Olympic wrestlers have. It isi lnteresting to note that both Taylor and Dake wrestled at lower weight classes in high school and kept growing and growing into the higher weights. From my son in law who wrestled in HS at the same time as Dake, Dake was good in high school but not at the level of Taylor in high school. Clearly, Dake has become now a superstar and I bet will at least win a medal.
I am glad that Taylor has a wrestling involved business now. He is a very intelligent man who shows incredible enthusiasm for the sport and represents the sport and PSU well. I had gone up to say hello to him twice at PSU and he could not have been more gracious!
DT is a friend of a family friend of mine. He’s truly a really good guy, and has a similar quick wit like Cael. Cael ha s a really dry and quick sense of humor and I very much appreciate that. Any time spent with either is high quality time

If you want to watch, stream here (need to have the Olympic Channel) ...

Everything else is rolling the dice imo
Thanks for this! I don’t know if it is just our cable company, but does anyone else have to log in with cable company info each time they use nbcolympics.com? Wishing there was an easier way.

In case any Directv users are not aware, Olympic Channel is available on channel 624.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Thanks for this! I don’t know if it is just our cable company, but does anyone else have to log in with cable company info each time they use nbcolympics.com? Wishing there was an easier way.
My PC is never off. I just keep browser tabs open on:

https://www.nbcolympics.com/schedule/sport/wrestling

and

https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/en/sports/

I only have had to log in twice since 7/23 and I can check the schedule, results, and live and replay availability whenever I want. I open the different mats on separate tabs.

ADVERTISEMENT