ADVERTISEMENT

TV Alert tonight at 7 PSU MBB vs Jacksonville State on BTN. Not a high

Shot poorly from the floor, missed a lot of free throws, had early foul troubles, and still up by 5. If they can get their shooting going in the second half, they should win pretty handily.
Bolton and Dread are legitimate D1 guards. Bolton very fluid with the ball and quick. Dread has great range on his jumper. Stevens just excellent all around, definite NBA talent. Harrah showing steady improvement and seems to be more cut this year. If Watwins can come back in December, this team will take next step. My recruiting conern is PSU needs bigs (4 &5) that can play right away in this class if this team is to gain any consistency.

Bolton and Dread are legitimate D1 guards. Bolton very fluid with the ball and quick. Dread has great range on his jumper. Stevens just excellent all around, definite NBA talent. Harrah showing steady improvement and seems to be more cut this year. If Watwins can come back in December, this team will take next step. My recruiting conern is PSU needs bigs (4 &5) that can play right away in this class if this team is to gain any consistency.
If Watkins doesn't return, that is. With Watkins, Lamar, Harrar, and Buttrick with another year, a player like Abdou may not need to be counted on day one. Abdou already has a good build, I think that he will be a good player in the long run.

Yep, this is very ugly. But, should be a W and lots of time to knock the rust off.

If they don’t get Watkins back, I don’t see a tournament appearance happening.

Jon Crispin is well-spoken in the btn studio.

I hate us.
Thanks for the update ........I didn't know because as soon as I see him the T.V. goes on mute so I don't have to listen to the hot dog turncoat.

Most wont agree because the shots weren’t falling, but we had a nice game at the offensive end. 1.13 points/possession due to a big night on the offensive boards and only 6 turnovers. I thought many of our misses were open looks within the flow of the offense. I was happy to see Dread continue to shoot when he got clean looks, and they will fall for him more often than not.

Hope Pat looks for opportunities to get Lamar a break. Going 40 minutes tonight is concerning with a long season ahead.

Most wont agree because the shots weren’t falling, but we had a nice game at the offensive end. 1.13 points/possession due to a big night on the offensive boards and only 6 turnovers. I thought many of our misses were open looks within the flow of the offense. I was happy to see Dread continue to shoot when he got clean looks, and they will fall for him more often than not.

Hope Pat looks for opportunities to get Lamar a break. Going 40 minutes tonight is concerning with a long season ahead.

• PSU shot 40.6% which isn't bad. The only player who had a difficult shooting night was Dread unless you include Wheeler who has never had a good shooting night.
  • Harrar had 6 rebounds (which is the minimum we need from him) but 4 of those were on offense. But overall we were actually outrebounded by Jacksonville State 37-35 which is not good for a BiG team vs. an Ohio Valley conference team.
I agree that Dread will shoot better but it will also be difficult for Bolton to remain that hot.

PSU is going to struggle defending or scoring in the paint without Watkins.

We had a great night on the glass at the offensive end. The issue was allowing them to get 12/32 rebounds at the defensive end.

If Watkins returns, this Penn State team will be better than it was last year. Even if Watkins doesn't return, you will see much better spacing and team play than there was last year. Last year's team didn't have a point guard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT