ADVERTISEMENT

Tsirtsis to Sparky

How in the world are they fitting all of these guys under the "cap"?

This thought entered my head as well but who knows how money is managed, no reason to think anything nefarious is going on.

My other thought: Which one/two of Maruca, Pagdilao, Pierce and Shields is sitting?

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Article says he has to petition the NCAA for reinstatement due to his academic dismissal from NW. So he might not wrestle this year, could instead get a 6th year (due to the extraordinary off-the-mat issues) and go in 2018 instead.

http://www.flowrestling.org/article/45275-jason-tsirtsis-transfers-to-arizona-state
I understand what you are saying, but how can he get a 6th year and claim any sort of hardship when he actually wrestled? Obviously he suffered a tragedy, but his hardship would seem more legitimate if he had actually not wrestled. Don't care if he gets another year, but it seems odd all things considered.

Reactions: andegre
How in the world are they fitting all of these guys under the "cap"?
Lol.
Same as PSU. Everybody paying their own way for the honor. That and academic scholarships. Not that its relevant to the rostered student athletes but I believe Sunkist has more dough than NLWC and you need a pretty big slushy machine ro battle the desert heat. ;)

Zain will crush him...If you notice guys get worse when they go to Arizona State...That is the truth....
ap110319176134_large.jpg

Tempe better hope they go the 6th year route so they can stretch those jaws out for all the yawning they'll do, watching him.

Reactions: diggerpup
This thought entered my head as well but who knows how money is managed, no reason to think anything nefarious is going on.

My other thought: Which one/two of Maruca, Pagdilao, Pierce and Shields is sitting?

Shields will likely be at 157 # this year.

I think Zeke will be making some serious progress starting this season and I hope he is successful. The Pac 12 is not a strong conference primarily due to a lack of participants. I watched the Pac 12 tournament at ASU last season and there were only 6 teams. That's not enough to even fill an 8 man bracket, so two guys at every weight got first round byes. What's even worse is that two or three of the six teams have somewhat shakey programs that may be at risk of being cut. Having one of the Pac 12 programs become a potential contender for one of the top five spots can't be a bad thing, and I think ASU is the one program in the conference that has a chance to do it.

I understand what you are saying, but how can he get a 6th year and claim any sort of hardship when he actually wrestled? Obviously he suffered a tragedy, but his hardship would seem more legitimate if he had actually not wrestled. Don't care if he gets another year, but it seems odd all things considered.
I hope he gets the extra year. Here's several bullets from the 5-Year Waiver Rules;

(b) An inability to participate due to failure to meet institutional/conference or NCAA academic requirements, or disciplinary reasons or incarceration culminating in or resulting from a conviction;

(e) An inability to participate as a result of a transfer year in residence or fulfilling a condition for restoration of eligibility

I hope he gets the extra year. Here's several bullets from the 5-Year Waiver Rules;

(b) An inability to participate due to failure to meet institutional/conference or NCAA academic requirements, or disciplinary reasons or incarceration culminating in or resulting from a conviction;

(e) An inability to participate as a result of a transfer year in residence or fulfilling a condition for restoration of eligibility
Thanks Roar. Didn't know academics was a waiver possibility.

These all sound like reasons you wouldn't be able to get a waiver.

Reactions: psualt and tikk10
These all sound like reasons you wouldn't be able to get a waiver.
^^ This. NCAA in a nutshell: Getting knee-lifted in the face during EIWAs didn't get Nate Brown an extra crack at nationals. If he had KTFO Billy George in the parking lot and gone to jail ...

^^ This. NCAA in a nutshell: Getting knee-lifted in the face during EIWAs didn't get Nate Brown an extra crack at nationals. If he had KTFO Billy George in the parking lot and gone to jail ...

George...the only wrestler I openly rooted against......ever. I would do it again too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT