Trump's history of slow pay if any pay hurting his legal woes

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Proving once again - you can't hide from your past...

Appearing on CNN's "Inside Politics" on Sunday morning, the New York Times; Maggie Haberman claimed that a large part of Donald Trump's legal problems stems from his inability to find good lawyers willing to work for him.

Speaking with host Abby Phillip, the Times' correspondent said another problem is that attorneys also fear the former president won't pay his bills.

"You are seeing in one way that people are less willing to hitch their wagon to Trump right now, and that is lawyers," Haberman explained.

RELATED: 'He needs to be paid': Giuliani associate demanded Trump pay up and give Rudy a 'general pardon'

"Because they have been trying to find, and this is who was representing Donald Trump, how many lawyers he has, the fact he doesn't like to listen to his lawyers, the fact that it takes a huge effort to get him to do so by his lawyers always, this is an ongoing story we've been watching, frankly not just since he became president, but well before, going back to when he was advised by Roy Cohn many decades ago," she continued.

"You are seeing many fewer lawyers who are willing to go out and speak for him and/or hitch their wagon to him and maybe not get paid -- a big thing," she added. Watch below or at this link.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001

Appearing on CNN's "Inside Politics" on Sunday morning, the New York Times; Maggie Haberman claimed that a large part of Donald Trump's legal problems stems from his inability to find good lawyers willing to work for him.

Speaking with host Abby Phillip, the Times' correspondent said another problem is that attorneys also fear the former president won't pay his bills.

"You are seeing in one way that people are less willing to hitch their wagon to Trump right now, and that is lawyers," Haberman explained.

RELATED: 'He needs to be paid': Giuliani associate demanded Trump pay up and give Rudy a 'general pardon'

"Because they have been trying to find, and this is who was representing Donald Trump, how many lawyers he has, the fact he doesn't like to listen to his lawyers, the fact that it takes a huge effort to get him to do so by his lawyers always, this is an ongoing story we've been watching, frankly not just since he became president, but well before, going back to when he was advised by Roy Cohn many decades ago," she continued.

"You are seeing many fewer lawyers who are willing to go out and speak for him and/or hitch their wagon to him and maybe not get paid -- a big thing," she added. Watch below or at this link.
That became obvious after the election when the best he could do was senile Rudy and the crazy lady with the leopard print clothing.

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011

I guess slow pay is something Trump and Biden have in common. Story I heard from local contractor is that good ole Joe has a bad rep for paying. This particular story told about the Secret Service needing to hire a contractor to upgrade wiring he had done in the past. The guy told them not until he got paid for the past work, and the Secret Service guy said they heard similar stories. The contractor got paid by the government. This story happened when he became VP.

Rich people play by different rules.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I guess slow pay is something Trump and Biden have in common. Story I heard from local contractor is that good ole Joe has a bad rep for paying. This particular story told about the Secret Service needing to hire a contractor to upgrade wiring he had done in the past. The guy told them not until he got paid for the past work, and the Secret Service guy said they heard similar stories. The contractor got paid by the government. This story happened when he became VP.

Yep, I heard good things about the Billy Graham organization . They pay their bills promptly , however if you over charge them they will never use you again .
Not many rich folk or organizations are like them.

Reactions: psuted

maypole

May 9, 2022
Most pols are simply egomaniacs. Like the con artist he is, trump even plays his lawyers for suckers. He has no morals or principles, he cares for nobody but himself, unlike most pols and people he’s a true sociopath.

Reactions: franklinman

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Not sure Biden has ever paid for anything the last 40 years.

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
Most pols are simply egomaniacs. Like the con artist he is, trump even plays his lawyers for suckers. He has no morals or principles, he cares for nobody but himself, unlike most pols and people he’s a true sociopath.
As I said above, Biden doesn’t pay people either. He also is an egomaniac, con artist who expects other people to pay for everything for the privilege of being in his orbit.

The Chinese especially appear fond of paying his bills. I believe they paid for his name to go on the school or building at the University of Pennsylvania.

maypole

May 9, 2022
As I said above, Biden doesn’t pay people either. He also is an egomaniac, con artist who expects other people to pay for everything for the privilege of being in his orbit.

The Chinese especially appear fond of paying his bills. I believe they paid for his name to go on the school or building at the University of Pennsylvania.
At least Biden is not a confirmed sociopath like trump.
BTW, Penn says it is not true China paid for the name. Just another Matt Gaetz lie.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018

One of the very few correct posts you have made. Trump is a terrible client. Has no loyalty and will cut the legs out from under his lawyers whenever it is convenient for him.

Reactions: Jason1743

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
BTW, Penn says it is not true China paid for the name. Just another Matt Gaetz lie.

You think Biden isn't a sociopath?
Are you insane?

In the dictionary under Sociopath is a picture of Joe Biden.

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
Since you can’t produce medical records with a confirmed diagnosis, your claim is silly. I will, however, admit that most politicians are sociopaths and/or narcissists to some degree.

Even saying that, Trump seems to be better now than he was before his presidency. I think that his rallies are both therapeutic and instructive for him. The adulation sates his narcissism, but he has to learn what his constituency wants to get applause. Hence, he is getting genuine feedback from the “masses” as opposed to the echo chambers most politicians are stuck in for info. Just an opinion, but he seems to care more about the masses now than Ordinary Joe.

Penn has sold its soul to China. I don’t know if Penn wrote the “Biden” check, but it wouldn’t surprise me if other checks were contingent. I just doubt “the check” came out of Joe’s pocket. Maybe Pfizer?

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004

What aboutism as expected. Biden isn't in need of legal counsel right now.

Reactions: franklinman

lurkerlion

Aug 2, 2011
What aboutism as expected. Biden isn't in need of legal counsel right now.
Two points:

1). Whaboutism is the corollary to a two tiered justice system. So yes, whaboutism again.

2). You don’t need legal counsel if the police don’t investigate and the DOJ refuse to prosecute. See #1.

Reactions: bourbon n blues