Trump gave order to 'make sure' Jan. 6 rally was 'safe event,' Pentagon memo shows

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
It's in writing... lol... Cover your ears lefties......

https://justthenews.com/government/...t-jan-6-rally-make-sure-it-was-safe-event-dod

House Democrats' marquee summer show of primetime investigative hearings ended Thursday night where it began: unable or unwilling to answer essential questions about the Jan. 6 Capitol breach.

Chief among them: If Donald Trump wanted to incite violence that fateful day, as his critics suggest, then why did he order the Pentagon to have a large military force ready to quell a disturbance? And why did a Democrat-led Congress turn down the assistance of pop National Guard troops in the face of intelligence warnings about violence?

By their own admission, Democrats set up the hearings to evade such scrutiny. They declared any questions about what House Speaker Nancy Pelosi knew about the potential for Jan. 6 violence and when she knew it were off limits.

Secret Service agents were never called to testify in public about whether former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson's story about Trump trying to force his limousine to go to the Capitol were true. And questions about how those in charge of Capitol security responded to FBI and Homeland Security pre-event warnings about potential violence were never asked, much less answered.

Instead, the Jan. 6 committee put on hearsay testimony from Hutchinson and released partial transcripts or video snippets of testimony without allowing Republicans or Trump's own lawyers to cross-examine witnesses or challenge the narrative offered to the American public.

"It's the first time this has happened in my lifetime since McCarthyism, and it's despicable," said famed Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz, a lifelong Democrat who voted for Joe Biden in 2020. "The idea that they would interview this witness and allow her to testify to hearsay about the president jumping toward the wheel, without first asking the eye- and ear- witnesses. I've never heard of a lawyer doing that in my 16 years of practicing law. ... It's not only unethical, it's not only unfair, it's bad lawyering.”

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
"Mr. Miller and GEN Milley met with the President at the White House at 5:30 p.m.," the IG reported. "The primary topic they discussed was unrelated to the scheduled rally. GEN Milley told us that at the end of the meeting, the President told Mr. Miller that there would be a large number of protestors on January 6, 2021, and Mr. Miller should ensure sufficient National Guard or Soldiers would be there to make sure it was a safe event. Gen Milley told us that Mr. Miller responded, 'We've got a plan and we've got it covered.'"

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Mark Levine puts it all into perspective quite nicely as he always does. Another massive swing and a miss that will ultimately backfire on the left yet again.

Last edited:

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
It is a joke and it is pathetic..... All because they fear Trump 2024.
In that entire charade, they couldn't find even one text/email/word of Trump instructing anyone to attack the Capitol. Instead, they found him instructing his followers to peacefully protest. When they were in the Capitol, he didn't call on them to seize the Capitol or arrest the VP, he told them to GO HOME.

What a bunch of losers and suckers.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
In that entire charade, they couldn't find even one text/email/word of Trump instructing anyone to attack the Capitol. Instead, they found him instructing his followers to peacefully protest. When they were in the Capitol, he didn't call on them to seize the Capitol or arrest the VP, he told them to GO HOME.

What a bunch of losers and suckers.
Agreed. If trump wanted to go to the capital on J-6, why is that a bad thing? he is POTUS, why is that even an issue?

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Dershowitz: The January 6th Committee is modern day McCarthyism​

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Facts are facts. Trump sad on his fat ass for over three hours, saying nothing, doing nothing to stop the rioters. Defend that.
Dems did nothing, still haven't, regarding BLM and Antifa riots. Defend that.

I guess the DC mayor and Pelosi Policei should have taken up Trump's recommendation to bolster their forces with feds.

Reactions: JR4PSU and richie83

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Trump did his best Nero impression. Did nothing for 187 minutes but sit in the dining room and watch tv. No call to military, no call to law enforcement nothing.

Pence called the National Guard.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
Nice deflection.
no deflection at all.

your group has spent 18 months trying to make this a conspiracy and trying to make something as minor as the president of the united states wanting to go to the capital building something worse than 9-11. You've been reduced to three hours on J-6.

After the Dems used the DOJ and FBI to illegally bug his office, I can certainly understand Trump watching J-6 happen (especially being rebuffed when he suggested more security) thinking "well, you reap what you sow".

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
Dems did nothing, still haven't, regarding BLM and Antifa riots. Defend that.

I guess the DC mayor and Pelosi Policei should have taken up Trump's recommendation to bolster their forces with feds.
ya buts live in the woods

2 wrongs don't make it right

~~~~Obli cried foul when he got caught with his fingers in the cookie jar, said he saw MaconNitt have a cookie too. ~~~~ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

REALLY? That's your justification for Trump doing nothing for 187 minutes? Trump did nothing because he enjoyed what was going on.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Trump did his best Nero impression. Did nothing for 187 minutes but sit in the dining room and watch tv. No call to military, no call to law enforcement nothing.

Pence called the National Guard.
so?

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
It's in writing... lol... Cover your ears lefties......

https://justthenews.com/government/...t-jan-6-rally-make-sure-it-was-safe-event-dod

House Democrats' marquee summer show of primetime investigative hearings ended Thursday night where it began: unable or unwilling to answer essential questions about the Jan. 6 Capitol breach.

Chief among them: If Donald Trump wanted to incite violence that fateful day, as his critics suggest, then why did he order the Pentagon to have a large military force ready to quell a disturbance? And why did a Democrat-led Congress turn down the assistance of pop National Guard troops in the face of intelligence warnings about violence?

By their own admission, Democrats set up the hearings to evade such scrutiny. They declared any questions about what House Speaker Nancy Pelosi knew about the potential for Jan. 6 violence and when she knew it were off limits.

Secret Service agents were never called to testify in public about whether former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson's story about Trump trying to force his limousine to go to the Capitol were true. And questions about how those in charge of Capitol security responded to FBI and Homeland Security pre-event warnings about potential violence were never asked, much less answered.

Instead, the Jan. 6 committee put on hearsay testimony from Hutchinson and released partial transcripts or video snippets of testimony without allowing Republicans or Trump's own lawyers to cross-examine witnesses or challenge the narrative offered to the American public.

"It's the first time this has happened in my lifetime since McCarthyism, and it's despicable," said famed Harvard law professor Alan Dershowitz, a lifelong Democrat who voted for Joe Biden in 2020. "The idea that they would interview this witness and allow her to testify to hearsay about the president jumping toward the wheel, without first asking the eye- and ear- witnesses. I've never heard of a lawyer doing that in my 16 years of practicing law. ... It's not only unethical, it's not only unfair, it's bad lawyering.”
No one obeyed that order. Shows Trump is a really poor excuse for a leader.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
ya buts live in the woods

2 wrongs don't make it right

~~~~Obli cried foul when he got caught with his fingers in the cookie jar, said he saw MaconNitt have a cookie too. ~~~~ :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

REALLY? That's your justification for Trump doing nothing for 187 minutes? Trump did nothing because he enjoyed what was going on.
so? 187 minutes is a far cry from "insurgency", "conspiracy", AOC reminded of being raped....etc.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

Alphalion75

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
Alpharetta, GA
Nice deflection.
I'm curious. The 187 minutes has been known since January 7, 2021. Why is this committee just now addressing it? And now they are pushing the hearings into the fall. If the committee and the DOJ have a charge in mind, criminal or otherwise, why all the delay? Doesn't seem to be fair to the families impacted by January 6th.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
So? and deflection.

Childish.

I guess when that's all you got that's all you got.
I am fine with 187 minutes. Doesn't bother me at all. Hell, apparently, he "lunged" at the driver to take him to the capital building but the SS wouldn't let him go. maybe he was going to go there to tell them to settle down?

After wasting everyone's time, again, and when Biden/Pelosi/Schumar are presiding over a burning nation, we see the democrats true colors.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I am fine with 187 minutes. Doesn't bother me at all. Hell, apparently, he "lunged" at the driver to take him to the capital building but the SS wouldn't let him go. maybe he was going to go there to tell them to settle down?

After wasting everyone's time, again, and when Biden/Pelosi/Schumar are presiding over a burning nation, we see the democrats true colors.
Every single day.

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
This is not the type of message you would expect to see from someone leading an insurrection.

Like I said, losers and suckers.

FYSA3O2WAAAesSa

Reactions: roswelllion

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
Trump isn't the Capitol Police chief. I have no idea why the expectation is that he do something.

What did you do during those 187 minutes? Did you call the National Guard?

This is how dems form arguments. Make a fake rule then argue against it.

LdN
Bingo

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
Trump isn't the Capitol Police chief. I have no idea why the expectation is that he do something.

What did you do during those 187 minutes? Did you call the National Guard?

This is how dems form arguments. Make a fake rule then argue against it.

LdN
but, but, but, Obli said maybe he was going to the Capitol to tell them to settle down?

I watched in horror as did millions. I didn't call because I thought you did.

I'll add you to the list:

Reactions: maypole

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
but, but, but, Obli said maybe he was going to the Capitol to tell them to settle down?

I watched in horror as did millions. I didn't call because I thought you did.

I'll add you to the list:

What we know is he tried to go to the Capitol but was denied.

That appears to be more than you did.

LdN

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
What we know is he tried to go to the Capitol but was denied.

That appears to be more than you did.

LdN
You people argue like children. It is pathetic.

I was not elected, I did not take an oath of office

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

My contribution was not voting for Trump in the first place.

Reactions: maypole

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
No one obeyed that order. Shows Trump is a really poor excuse for a leader.

I think you really need to read the entire article and get yourself informed.

Or you can just put your fingers in your ears and pretend it doesn't exist.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
You people argue like children. It is pathetic.

I was not elected, I did not take an oath of office

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

My contribution was not voting for Trump in the first place.

You didn't pledge allegiance in grade school?

Did you not sign up for selective service?

You really don't have a strong grasp of your requirements as a citizen.

LdN

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
This may be true, there are millions more not in your circle jerk on a test board who do

Likewise, there are millions more not in your cult who aren't consumed with hatred for a duly elected president who actually did more for the American people than the toad currently in office.