Trump and NG 1/6, another lie

2lion70

Well-Known Member
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
16,795
5,783
1

Thousands of Donald Trump supporters gather outside the U.S. Capitol building following a "Stop the Steal" rally on January 06, 2021 in Washington, DC. Photo illustration by Salon/Getty Images


Former acting Defense Secretary Chris Miller testified to the House Jan. 6 committee that former President Donald Trump never ordered 10,000 troops to be ready to deploy to the Capitol on Jan. 6 despite his repeated claims.
Trump and former chief of staff Mark Meadows previously claimed that the administration had 10,000 National Guard troops ready to deploy to the Capitol.
Miller told the committee that there was no "accuracy" to those statements in a new deposition video released by the panel on Tuesday.
"I was never given any direction or order or knew of any plans of that nature," Miller told the committee, adding that he was "surprised by seeing that publicly" because there was "no order from the president."
Miller explained that "obviously we had plans for activating more folks but that was not anything more than contingency planning."
"There was no official message traffic or anything of that nature," he added.
Pressed again on whether the Defense Department had 10,000 troops ready for Jan. 6, Miller said that a "nonmilitary person could have some sort of weird interpretation but no, the answer to your questions is no."
 

2lion70

Well-Known Member
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
16,795
5,783
1
I think even Fox has seen the light - Trumper is toast.