ADVERTISEMENT

Tripping

herrli

Aug 25, 2018
home
Honestly the worst and biggest missed call I saw in the game was on the run before the Fg. I couldnt tell whether 71 on MSU got Sanders, but it is a penalty and it sure wasnt accidental . Would have been 1st and 10 and maybe if he did just get him a TD otherwise. Many Many mistakes in the game but that seemed blatant.

Honestly the worst and biggest missed call I saw in the game was on the run before the Fg. I couldnt tell whether 71 on MSU got Sanders, but it is a penalty and it sure wasnt accidental . Would have been 1st and 10 and maybe if he did just get him a TD otherwise. Many Many mistakes in the game but that seemed blatant.

tumblr_mz208k4x1k1s0oxwto1_500.gif

Reactions: BrewLion
I was wondering if anyone else noticed that. It sure looked like the MSU player stuck his foot out tripping Sanders.

My wife saw it while I missed it the 1st time around. It appeared to be a trip, not called. They were waiting to call holding on Sanders.

Thought he stuck his foot out but missed him.
Same. certainly looked like he was trying to trip him. Was a disappointing game. A lot of things could have been the difference. In the end, makes no difference. Penn State was the better team but was outhustled and just didn’t execute when needed. And sure there were missed calls and some opportunism on MSU’s side late preserving some time, but those thins only matter in tight games and the game shouldn’t have been that close.

Same. certainly looked like he was trying to trip him. Was a disappointing game. A lot of things could have been the difference. In the end, makes no difference. Penn State was the better team but was outhustled and just didn’t execute when needed. And sure there were missed calls and some opportunism on MSU’s side late preserving some time, but those thins only matter in tight games and the game shouldn’t have been that close.

Just lower your expectations and you won’t be disappointed. Clearly they were too high.

The defensive hold call in Windsor was fictitious
Thrown by Umpire Ken Zelmanski, who............resides in SE Michigan. :rolleyes:

I'd share details about his "daytime occupation" and homer address in Lake Orion, MI but that would serve no purpose and would probably get me in trouble.

I actually believe Delany purposely sent his designated "Screw Crew". That Ref's (Mike Cannon) crew has never been kind to PSU.

Last edited:
Thrown by Umpire Ken Zelmanski, who............resides in SE Michigan. :rolleyes:

I'd share his homer address in Lake Orion, MI but that would serve no purpose and would probably get me in trouble.

I actually believe Delany purposely sent his designated "Screw Crew". That Ref's (Mike Cannon) crew has never been kind to PSU.
I sssumed the entire crew was from Michigan. Just like the good old days v scUM and Witvoet.

I sssumed the entire crew was from Michigan. Just like the good old days v scUM and Witvoet.

I'd share his homer address in Lake Orion, MI but that would serve no purpose and would probably get me in trouble.

I bet the Umpire had a great view of the tripping. Happened right in front of him no doubt.

They conveniently "saw" only what they wanted to call (and when). That was a Delany "hit job" to ensure that scUM vs. O$U would be for all the marbles.

Meanwhile, Hippenhammer probably needs a new jersey seeing as how his was grabbed so much.

Honest question... is it still a penalty if you attempt to intentionally trip a player but you miss and don't make contact?

I saw the attempt clearly. I wasn't sure if he made contact with Sanders though, that was much less clear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT