ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
MjAxMy1iMTVkODVhZGQ4OGNlNWE4.png

x5 with the Covid year. And then you add redshirts, grey shirts, medical shirts and Olympic shirts. Thank goodness they can give away the excess scholarship money (when scholarships exceed # of wrestlers on the team) in NIL money now.
not funny guess you or anyone else knows!!

According to Goodale, Joey Silva will be at Rutgers and wrestling at 133. They have quite the plethora of 133 lbers.

Silva wanted to be a Lion. If i am remembering correctly he waited to see how things played out with RBY before picking another (UM) school. I hope things work out well for him.

Was Silva not in school the last two years?

I remember when he was at Michigan.

WrestleStat suggests they have quite a log jam at 133 with #21, #19 and #15.

According to Goodale, Joey Silva will be at Rutgers and wrestling at 133. They have quite the plethora of 133 lbers.
RU also has 133 transfers Raimo, Garcia(not listed on roster anymore?) also, wouldn’t shock me if Peterson wanted to go 133 at some point… feels like a huge log jam waiting to happen but who knows .. iron sharpens iron?

RU also has 133 transfers Raimo, Garcia(not listed on roster anymore?) also, wouldn’t shock me if Peterson wanted to go 133 at some point… feels like a huge log jam waiting to happen but who knows .. iron sharpens iron?
And they got Joe Heilmann transferring in from UNC. Sammy Alvarez is listed at 133 on their roster but youd have to assume that he may be going up to 141

And they got Joe Heilmann transferring in from UNC. Sammy Alvarez is listed at 133 on their roster but youd have to assume that he may be going up to 141
Alvarez def going 141, Heilmann frontrunner rn at 133(Joey O RS) unless Silva has something to say about that

I'm not certain how many years of eligibility he has left but if he takes an injury year this year......Iowa is in need of a 197 next year and beyond.

Oklahoma is a done deal (on a NIL deal) I believe and there might have been some tampering involved. Kind of shocking Oklahoma wrestling has boosters who will pay up since it doesn't move the needle much team wise for their school (unless getting into Top 10 is the goal)

No disrespect to Friccione, and I know there has been some talk of Brooks moving up…but a redshirt this year and Buchanan has two more years left. Just think of next year with him in the line up….Van Ness, Haines, Facundo, Starocci, Brooks, Buchanan and Kerk. If Bartlett works out at 141 we could have 8 scoring wrestlers! 😉

No disrespect to Friccione, and I know there has been some talk of Brooks moving up…but a redshirt this year and Buchanan has two more years left. Just think of next year with him in the line up….Van Ness, Haines, Facundo, Starocci, Brooks, Buchanan and Kerk. If Bartlett works out at 141 we could have 8 scoring wrestlers! 😉
Only 8?

Reactions: nitlion6
Oklahoma is a done deal (on a NIL deal) I believe and there might have been some tampering involved. Kind of shocking Oklahoma wrestling has boosters who will pay up since it doesn't move the needle much team wise for their school (unless getting into Top 10 is the goal)
The move makes even less sense if he ends up at Oklahoma! Maybe if it was Okie State or a Big10 school but Oklahoma?! They aren’t much better than Wyoming these days. Strange if you ask me

Oklahoma won B12 in 2021, and finished 2nd to Missouri last year. OKST finished 4th at last year's conference tourney.
And yet Oklahoma State has beaten them at the national tournament for at least the past 10 years and I’m sure much further then. So unless you want to say that tOSU is better than PSU because they won their conference tournament your argument falls flat. Wyoming also placed higher than Oklahoma at the national tournament last year. Oklahoma seems to always recruit well but it doesn’t seem to translate to results at the national championships.
Following Teyon Ware makes sense. I didn’t realize he had left Wyoming.

Last edited:
And yet Oklahoma State has beaten them at the national tournament for at least the past 10 years and I’m sure much further then. So unless you want to say that tOSU is better than PSU because they won their conference tournament your argument falls flat. Wyoming also placed higher than Oklahoma at the national tournament last year. Oklahoma seems to always recruit well but it doesn’t seem to translate to results at the national championships.
Following Teyon Ware makes sense. I didn’t realize he had left Wyoming.
I never said OU was better than OKST. Just not being as dismissive of the move.

If Woodley stuck around at the RTC, that would give Buchanan a pretty good partner.

Last edited:
Reactions: zzs006
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT