ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question no one has asked. Was Suriano taking classes last school year while he was at ASU? If not, he may not even be eligible. Plus, if we couldn't get Evan Wick in how do we get NS in when he has been at 3 different colleges already?
A great American did ask that question once. :)

Here's a question no one has asked. Was Suriano taking classes last school year while he was at ASU? If not, he may not even be eligible. Plus, if we couldn't get Evan Wick in how do we get NS in when he has been at 3 different colleges already?
He has only been at 2 colleges for classes, PSU and Rutgers. He never took classes at ASU, only trained with Sunkist Kids out there.

Suriano interview on Flo/YouTube:

Is he referring to Gilman when he talks about “other Americans” at the Henri DeGlane? If so, doesn’t seem too fond of him

Reactions: danoftw and Pocky
Suriano interview on Flo/YouTube:

Is he referring to Gilman when he talks about “other Americans” at the Henri DeGlane? If so, doesn’t seem too fond of him
This is the one part of this whole idea that gives me pause. I have no idea if Nick is referring to Thomas there, or some random parent/fan. But I know I don’t want to alienate our Bronze medalist. Cael will know better than us if this is an issue. We certainly aren’t trying for a Ramos/Dennis situation—though Inguess we do have a Nickal/Taylor situation, which we handled well enough.

Reactions: jtothemfp
This is the one part of this whole idea that gives me pause. I have no idea if Nick is referring to Thomas there, or some random parent/fan. But I know I don’t want to alienate our Bronze medalist. Cael will know better than us if this is an issue. We certainly aren’t trying for a Ramos/Dennis situation—though Inguess we do have a Nickal/Taylor situation, which we handled well enough.

Yeah I’m sure if he goes to PSU it won’t be an issue. Just wonder if that might be what prevents him from going there. But I know someone earlier suggested maybe he’s only there thru March or whatever and at least initially we know he’ll be wrestling 61 for WTT. But maybe we won’t get the “Gilman helps Suriano scout Spencer” storyline

If Suriano comes to PSU it is to wrestle the spring semester for PSU. That does not necessarily mean he will be wrestling for the NLWC.

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Just curious was Suriano ever close with any PSU wrestlers when he was here? I did see the interaction with him and Shaq after winning his title. Him and Cassar would seem to be a logical connection. Any with Bo especially now since he’s setup an MMA gym?

Reactions: Dogwelder
Wow someone’s really riled up right now lmao. Grab yourself some coffee lil man and enjoy the weather on this beautiful Sunday morning

giphy.gif

Just curious was Suriano ever close with any PSU wrestlers when he was here? I did see the interaction with him and Shaq after winning his title. Him and Cassar would seem to be a logical connection. Any with Bo especially now since he’s setup an MMA gym?

I seem to recall him getting a celebratory greeting from Bo after beating Fix in the finals

I'd just like to see the kid smile once in a while.

Boy, not sure I can think of a wrestler who seems like less of a Penn State fit personality-wise. Not surprising he didn't feel like he fit in the first go round. If both sides feel like they can make it work for a semester for his vision quest, then go for it. Can't imagine he and Gilman are going to get along.

Reactions: LHavenlion
Boy, not sure I can think of a wrestler who seems like less of a Penn State fit personality-wise. Not surprising he didn't feel like he fit in the first go round. If both sides feel like they can make it work for a semester for his vision quest, then go for it. Can't imagine he and Gilman are going to get along.
I won't dive anymore into why he left the first time but I assure you he fit in with Penn State fine. We have plenty of different personalities on our team despite what people want to think. Either way, it might be a moot point since there's a good chance he isn't wrestling in college anymore (bopper1988 said that would be his guess right now and he's usually spot on with news)

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I never took Suriano leaving personally. Anytime a freshman transfers out to get closer to home, I get it. It's a big transition moving away from home to participate in Division I sports, then add in the pressure of being a top recruit and the disappointment of missing NCAAs due to injury and I can't fault Nick for wanting to get closer to his support system. In the end, is there really much difference between Suriano and the Teske transfer? I for one would welcome him back if he decides to return to Penn State.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT