ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to say who it is, but let's just say it's Deep Throat.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Reactions: dunkej01
Bartlett is too small for 149
He wrestled 149 this year, but I understand what you are saying. O would imagine he would take his redshirt year then if Nick Lee remains at 141. As things stand right now, the question mark is obviously 157. Penn State didn’t score any points last year at 149 and 165, so I would imagine some improvements are in order, and I believe they will indeed improve there. The portal can be an asset if psu gets a proven multi point scorer at any of these weights while giving its current guys a year to redshirt and raise their level also.

22-23
Howard/Steen (if Howard can't hold 125, he RS this year)
RBY
Bartlett
SVN
J Lee/Boone
J Lee/Facundo
Facundo/Starocci
Starocci/Brooks
Brooks/Beard
Kerkvliet

A lot of "Ors" obviously. Big question is what weight Facundo goes ... I think he will be a stud coming out of OTC but if he can't make 165 then there will be a ton of shuffling and someone is definitely out of the lineup. Cael's MO isn't to make his hammers suck down to a weight that's a tough cut ... they go where they're comfortable and feel they have a full gas tank. If CSTar isn't ready to move up yet then Facundo can shirt also. We knew it would be a juggle when he committed.

Reactions: BOSCO2
Lee will improve. That's another benchmark of this era...steady year to year improvement.
Lee will be one of the most exciting wrestlers, he may never be a national champ think Dylan Ness, can beat anyone... give him a chance! 2020 didn’t count!

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
22-23
Howard/Steen (if Howard can't hold 125, he RS this year)
RBY
Bartlett
SVN
J Lee/Boone
J Lee/Facundo
Facundo/Starocci
Starocci/Brooks
Brooks/Beard
Kerkvliet

A lot of "Ors" obviously. Big question is what weight Facundo goes ... I think he will be a stud coming out of OTC but if he can't make 165 then there will be a ton of shuffling and someone is definitely out of the lineup. Cael's MO isn't to make his hammers suck down to a weight that's a tough cut ... they go where they're comfortable and feel they have a full gas tank. If CSTar isn't ready to move up yet then Facundo can shirt also. We knew it would be a juggle when he committed.
Is it a known fact that Facundo will be going to the OTC?

Is it a known fact that Facundo will be going to the OTC?
Known fact? No.

But Cael did recently say one of the incoming recruits would be going there. (It was an interview around B10s or NCAAs.)

Of them, Facundo easily makes the most sense.

Reactions: diggerpup
I guess the LHU rumors were only that.

Has Verk graduated; is he in the Grad School market?

b/c if so ... (dons prognosticator hat)

LOL at Wyoming. That's got to be some kind of familial connection to Mark Branch somehow right?

Hoos, Hokies & Pitt are big unis with diverse and good quality grad programs.

I also don't get the Citadel; what post-grad plans do most of their students make?

Definitely smoke to Real Woods to Oklahoma State instead of Michigan especially now that he has his Stanford degree.

Verk could be the face of Citadel Wrestling to be honest. Wrestling SoCon competition could allow him to get a better seed and favorable draw at NCAAs. That has to be appealing because tbh, he isn't transferring to a school that has trophy aspirations. You have to remember, not every program operates under the same standards. Sending NQs to NCAAs is special for a lot of programs. Want to know how many Citadel had last year? 1 and he went 0-2.

They have 4 AA's in team history, could you imagine if Verk can be the 5th? He has 2 years of eligibility left. Say what you want about his style but Verk hasn't had a chance to wrestle NCAAs yet even. He might just be a damn good tournament wrestler (he won Cadet worlds for a reason)

Known fact? No.

But Cael did recently say one of the incoming recruits would be going there. (It was an interview around B10s or NCAAs.)

Of them, Facundo easily makes the most sense.
For what it’s worth, Jefe, Alex was interviewed by MLive earlier this week and he said he’d be headed to Penn State in June. The guy headed to the OTC is probably the secret blue chipper none of know about (I too recall the Cael interview) 😄

For what it’s worth, Jefe, Alex was interviewed by MLive earlier this week and he said he’d be headed to Penn State in June. The guy headed to the OTC is probably the secret blue chipper none of know about (I too recall the Cael interview) 😄
Possible Facundo changed his mind. The only other option is Gary Steen. Are there certain credentials you need to meet to go to OTC? Like an age group medalist or team member at least. That would rule out Steen. SVN is already here.

It could also be an underweight Steen.

Definitely smoke to Real Woods to Oklahoma State instead of Michigan especially now that he has his Stanford degree.

Verk could be the face of Citadel Wrestling to be honest. Wrestling SoCon competition could allow him to get a better seed and favorable draw at NCAAs. That has to be appealing because tbh, he isn't transferring to a school that has trophy aspirations. You have to remember, not every program operates under the same standards. Sending NQs to NCAAs is special for a lot of programs. Want to know how many Citadel had last year? 1 and he went 0-2.

They have 4 AA's in team history, could you imagine if Verk can be the 5th? He has 2 years of eligibility left. Say what you want about his style but Verk hasn't had a chance to wrestle NCAAs yet even. He might just be a damn good tournament wrestler (he won Cadet worlds for a reason)
Woods hasn't graduated yet he will be a 2nd semester transfer

A couple transfers committed today:
Joey Prata (125) VT --> Oklahoma
Kyle Parco (149 AA) Fresno State --> Arizona State

Parco put a real scare into Sasso -- 11-10 match in Round 2. Then beat Lamer, Andonian, and Millner to make the podium.

A couple transfers committed today:
Joey Prata (125) VT --> Oklahoma
Kyle Parco (149 AA) Fresno State --> Arizona State

Parco put a real scare into Sasso -- 11-10 match in Round 2. Then beat Lamer, Andonian, and Millner to make the podium.
More impressive thing about Parco's AA is that he was their 141 starter until he got beat out in a wrestle off just before Big 12's. He only had one match @149 early in the season and then had to bump up after regular season ended.

More impressive thing about Parco's AA is that he was their 141 starter until he got beat out in a wrestle off just before Big 12's. He only had one match @149 early in the season and then had to bump up after regular season ended.
Things like that make me believe that too many guys cut too much weight. He must have felt fresh and healthy and quick at 149. Maybe Cael is onto something with not cutting guys way down in weight. :)

Not sure on credentials needed to enter the post grad or sr year at the OTC, Jagger Condomitti is going out for a year. Don’t think he’s made any world teams.

2x PA state champ originally committed to Clarion, flipped to Pitt, now transferring to Lock Haven.

Might not help him much -- incumbent starter Isaac Reid will be a SO in 2022 and has been better so far than Whitehill.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT