ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on Griffith?
Hail mary meeting with the Stanford president next Tuesday to save the program. Goes without saying if they can do it, he won't leave.

But other than that, tea leaves says Michigan at 174. That being said, I didn't know we led for Van Ness and/or Facundo ... Cael works in secrecy it seems so who knows. I definitely wouldn't count on it (him coming here at 165)

Reactions: Larryrise
Hail mary meeting with the Stanford president next Tuesday to save the program. Goes without saying if they can do it, he won't leave.

But other than that, tea leaves says Michigan at 174. That being said, I didn't know we led for Van Ness and/or Facundo ... Cael works in secrecy it seems so who knows. I definitely wouldn't count on it (him coming here at 165)
giphy-downsized-large.gif

All good, I'll make the changes. I haven't paid much attention to HS wrestling this year with there being so little. Just basically teams that are/have been involved in ETR. Just getting up to snuff on the older MS kids over the past month as we are in the middle of our selection process (or more like 2/3 the way through - partials and NJSIAA teams left). Although that doesn't excuse my miss on Barnes and the Williams twins (Manheim Twp will be at ETR next year).
The 2024 kids haven't been edited in a while - I'll use your suggestions and then we'll revisit next fall/winter when we should see the return of the big tournaments. Then I'll do 2025 as well - you can never be too sure about who exactly ends up moving on to 9th grade until the start of the new school year.

Dice, did I miss you speak on your listing of Nick Lee at 149 in your sheet?

If I did not miss it somewhere; would you mind speaking on it here pretty please? tia!

Dice, did I miss you speak on your listing of Nick Lee at 149 in your sheet?

If I did not miss it somewhere; would you mind speaking on it here pretty please? tia!
In the off-season, weights and starters and whatever are just me guessing what will give me the best chance to do the least editing when they hit the mat next season. I have about as good a chance of getting it right as IronHawk.

It makes sense to me, but Bartlett growing into 149 and Nick staying at 141 because that's what he is does too. So does SVN coming in at 149 and Bartlett taking a RS before taking over from Nick.

In other words, Cael has a plan - I don't.

In the off-season, weights and starters and whatever are just me guessing what will give me the best chance to do the least editing when they hit the mat next season. I have about as good a chance of getting it right as IronHawk.

It makes sense to me, but Bartlett growing into 149 and Nick staying at 141 because that's what he is does too. So does SVN coming in at 149 and Bartlett taking a RS before taking over from Nick.

Thanks, dude! Luv ur work!

So IronHawk is now helping with the spreadsheet? Whoa!

Clicked on the link. Lol. Still laugh at Sammy and his mullet. I thought he was brilliant with his delivery... ha

Reactions: dicemen99
I haven't heard any connections to PSU for Real Woods but of all transfers, he actually makes the most sense. He could go 141 if Nick goes up to 149 or even 149 if he's willing to bulk up. This would allow SVN and Bartlett to both redshirt and SVN could use the season to get to 157 possibly (and Bartlett/Woods man 141/149 post 2022)

The big thing with PSU and the portal is we don't have needs at most weights, it's a few specific weights so a lot of best available talents in the portal (Griffith if he wants to go 174 and Max Dean) wouldn't even fit.

Reactions: Wilco43
Not sure why a guy like Woods. They have NLee, Bartlett, and Van Ness at 141 or 149 and that’s a champ and 2 future contenders. I’d think 157 and 165 where you probably have Barraclough, Boone, JLee, Manville(?), and Facundo (OTC?) are more important. No opportunities there?

Reactions: Ja1339
I haven't heard any connections to PSU for Real Woods but of all transfers, he actually makes the most sense. He could go 141 if Nick goes up to 149 or even 149 if he's willing to bulk up. This would allow SVN and Bartlett to both redshirt and SVN could use the season to get to 157 possibly (and Bartlett/Woods man 141/149 post 2022)

The big thing with PSU and the portal is we don't have needs at most weights, it's a few specific weights so a lot of best available talents in the portal (Griffith if he wants to go 174 and Max Dean) wouldn't even fit.
One more time: Nick will wrestle 141 next year!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT