transfer portal

nerfstate

Oct 10, 2017
Here's a question no one has asked. Was Suriano taking classes last school year while he was at ASU? If not, he may not even be eligible. Plus, if we couldn't get Evan Wick in how do we get NS in when he has been at 3 different colleges already?
I thought someone said Nick graduated from Rutgers, and he did take an Olympics Redshirt last year anyway.

McScoreley

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2019
Nick took online classes while in Arizona to graduate from Rutgers. That makes transferring way easier, he just needs to get into some kind of graduate program here.

Wick on the other hand was through 4 years of college without a degree and probably needed almost 100 credits to transfer in and we wouldn't accept a good bit of them. Still a messed up situation considering he was coming from another Big Ten school (Wisconsin) and Cal Poly accepted his credits but not Penn State but water under the bridge at this point (hopefully Cael is less mad now)

NoVa Lion

May 29, 2001
He did graduate. He would be a grad transfer starting classes in January and fully eligible. probably wrestling unattached at Midlands or Southern Scuffle. Expect we wont Know until after Worlds Team Trails.
Thanks. Yeah, if he already graduated he would be good to go. Interesting situation as I never would have thought NS would be back at PSU.

manatree

May 29, 2001
Wick on the other hand was through 4 years of college without a degree and probably needed almost 100 credits to transfer in and we wouldn't accept a good bit of them. Still a messed up situation considering he was coming from another Big Ten school (Wisconsin) and Cal Poly accepted his credits but not Penn State but water under the bridge at this point (hopefully Cael is less mad now)

It’s not about transferring from one school to another. It’s about transferring from one academic/major program to another. You can have ten different schools, each offering degrees in economics, basketweaving, whatever, and could very well have ten different course requirements for that degree. Chances are that if a student spent four years at Penn State or CalPoly and wanted to transfer to Wisconsin, they too would have issues transferring all of their credits.

Reactions: jtothemfp

Dogwelder

Aug 1, 2013
Here's a question no one has asked. Was Suriano taking classes last school year while he was at ASU? If not, he may not even be eligible. Plus, if we couldn't get Evan Wick in how do we get NS in when he has been at 3 different colleges already?
A great American did ask that question once. :)

rmg78

Feb 22, 2017
He has only been at 2 colleges for classes, PSU and Rutgers. He never took classes at ASU, only trained with Sunkist Kids out there.

Jan 3, 2019
Suriano interview on Flo/YouTube:

Is he referring to Gilman when he talks about “other Americans” at the Henri DeGlane? If so, doesn’t seem too fond of him

Reactions: danoftw and Pocky

nerfstate

Oct 10, 2017
Suriano interview on Flo/YouTube:

Is he referring to Gilman when he talks about “other Americans” at the Henri DeGlane? If so, doesn’t seem too fond of him
This is the one part of this whole idea that gives me pause. I have no idea if Nick is referring to Thomas there, or some random parent/fan. But I know I don’t want to alienate our Bronze medalist. Cael will know better than us if this is an issue. We certainly aren’t trying for a Ramos/Dennis situation—though Inguess we do have a Nickal/Taylor situation, which we handled well enough.

Reactions: jtothemfp

Jan 3, 2019
This is the one part of this whole idea that gives me pause. I have no idea if Nick is referring to Thomas there, or some random parent/fan. But I know I don’t want to alienate our Bronze medalist. Cael will know better than us if this is an issue. We certainly aren’t trying for a Ramos/Dennis situation—though Inguess we do have a Nickal/Taylor situation, which we handled well enough.

Yeah I’m sure if he goes to PSU it won’t be an issue. Just wonder if that might be what prevents him from going there. But I know someone earlier suggested maybe he’s only there thru March or whatever and at least initially we know he’ll be wrestling 61 for WTT. But maybe we won’t get the “Gilman helps Suriano scout Spencer” storyline

Lyons212

Mar 9, 2017
If Suriano comes to PSU it is to wrestle the spring semester for PSU. That does not necessarily mean he will be wrestling for the NLWC.

Reactions: johnstownsteel

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
Just curious was Suriano ever close with any PSU wrestlers when he was here? I did see the interaction with him and Shaq after winning his title. Him and Cassar would seem to be a logical connection. Any with Bo especially now since he’s setup an MMA gym?

Reactions: Dogwelder

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
Wow someone’s really riled up right now lmao. Grab yourself some coffee lil man and enjoy the weather on this beautiful Sunday morning

giphy.gif

tullfan68

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2021
well my brother went to 6 diff high school in 6 yrs so maybe he just likes to travel!!!

PSUcup1

Nov 6, 2012
Just curious was Suriano ever close with any PSU wrestlers when he was here? I did see the interaction with him and Shaq after winning his title. Him and Cassar would seem to be a logical connection. Any with Bo especially now since he’s setup an MMA gym?

I seem to recall him getting a celebratory greeting from Bo after beating Fix in the finals