ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprising to me. I thought he was a psu lifer despite his ups and downs.

Surprising to me. I thought he was a psu lifer despite his ups and downs.

He is, he was here 4 years and graduated with his degree. He essentially walked on here when he had full scholarship offers elsewhere.

That being said (and I beat this dead horse a lot with kids who love PSU and transfer), he is too good to just ride the pine here. He has 2 more years of eligibility left and no way into the lineup here really. He's already proven he's a NQ level guy and should chase that elsewhere.

He is, he was here 4 years and graduated with his degree. He essentially walked on here when he had full scholarship offers elsewhere.

That being said (and I beat this dead horse a lot with kids who love PSU and transfer), he is too good to just ride the pine here. He has 2 more years of eligibility left and no way into the lineup here really. He's already proven he's a NQ level guy and should chase that elsewhere.
Does Verk go home to Pitt? That's my guess. Or maybe he has a school in mind for a grad program.

Reactions: Fatmarc
Would love to see a long-term study on the affects of extreme weight loss at it relates to injury history. I feel like Cael was way ahead of the curve with realizing starving kids is not the path toward making them stronger. Seems self-evident, but it seems like some schools (Oklahoma State) still have not figured it out.
Weight certification rules have made weight loss infinitely safer than it was pre-1998. The rules require wrestlers to get a body fat check while fully hydrated as the basis for their Lowest Allowable Weight. 5% body fat is the minimum level allowed. Then there's the descent rules requiring controlled weight loss. Extreme weight loss, the root of the three college wrestling fatalities in 1997, should no longer happen.

As far as linking weight loss to injuries, it's touched on in the Sports Medicine Handbook. Wrestling is essentially tied with football as the most injury-prone sport. With the torquing of every joint in the human body, plus concussions, it's no wonder, and that would be a more prominent cause than weight loss.

While the NCAA was late to the game coming up with safer rules, the ones currently in place provide athletes the guidance to have their bodies ready for competition.

Reactions: JCPSU73-77
we should also note that flo just sort of publishes whatever they hear

I mean Cael is a pretty good source and a guy thought to be a preseason Heavy contender missing the season is huge, I'd expect them to report on that. Obviously believing Cael's injury report is another story but they would be remiss to not report that.

Reactions: tewlepz
I mean Cael is a pretty good source and a guy thought to be a preseason Heavy contender missing the season is huge, I'd expect them to report on that. Obviously believing Cael's injury report is another story but they would be remiss to not report that.
Lmao, "flo just sort of prints what they hear" referring to flo reporting a direct quote from Cael. Yeah, I'd report that too lol.

Reactions: tewlepz
Lmao, "flo just sort of prints what they hear" referring to flo reporting a direct quote from Cael. Yeah, I'd report that too lol.

if you read carefully you'll see that flo didn't use any quotation marks in the article, nor did they link anybody to a source to verify what was actually said. i'm not saying cael didn't actually say that, but flo did the least amount of legwork possible and they didn't acknowledge that this source has been spotty with injury information in the past.

the only thing i really trust as fact from flo is when they blatantly copy and paste press releases from other sources.

Reactions: fronk71
The top post on HR to open the week of Nationals ... aka the week they've been waiting for since last year (but probably longer) is "Verk is in the portal" with 70+ comments already.

HR Board to @jmadden1998
giphy.gif

They're talking about you and @Nashville_Hawkeye over on HR...
giphy.gif

I just love wrestling. Clearly a Hawks fan to the bone, but always like to know what others see from their perspective. And despite the opinions of a few people on HR (and there's probably a few here as well), I refuse to dislike talent simply because of where they decided to wrestle (or coach).

I just love wrestling. Clearly a Hawks fan to the bone, but always like to know what others see from their perspective. And despite the opinions of a few people on HR (and there's probably a few here as well), I refuse to dislike talent simply because of where they decided to wrestle (or coach).
Classy man you are, I love reading your posts.

It really is amazing how different the tone is on HR vs here. It’s like a daycare for special needs kids over there.

They are Children of the Corn!! Look I was able to find a photo of young Tom Brands leading his town youth group!! Looks like nothing much has changed!!! The guy on the cross is a "Polish Politician" that "Doesn't like hard wrestling!"

maxresdefault-e1552067866931.jpg

I said it before, even the seemingly not so nice posters on both boards I bet are chill in real life and I'd get a beer with them. 🍻

Something about when everyone can post what they want without revealing their name, picture, occupation or location that can bring out the worst in some people.

Please take this transfer crap to the friggen basketball board.................

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT