ADVERTISEMENT

2021-2023 Transfer Portal news

Status
Not open for further replies.
You good?
giphy.gif

Honestly I had just never heard of him and I’m active on Twitter and social media but admittedly don’t read replies to tweets very often.

I also don’t claim any Iowa fans. People are their own persons and it’s silly to think that because you root for the same sports team you need to look out for each other or whatever. That guy is clearly a clown and should be treated as such.
I wholeheartedly endorse this approach to modern internetting. Perfect conclusion & usage of: 'or whatever.'

If Dean transfers to PSU, I would guess it would be with the intention that he is the one going to 197 (unless AB already told Cael he can't make the weight or something, which seems doubtful), so he would have to beat out Beard, which is certainly not a given. This is one that doesn't really make any sense on any level, so I'll reserve judgment until I see it, but whatever, if he does transfer in, it's just another arrow in Cael's quiver.

Reactions: danoftw
If Dean transfers to PSU, I would guess it would be with the intention that he is the one going to 197 (unless AB already told Cael he can't make the weight or something, which seems doubtful), so he would have to beat out Beard, which is certainly not a given. This is one that doesn't really make any sense on any level, so I'll reserve judgment until I see it, but whatever, if he does transfer in, it's just another arrow in Cael's quiver.
Who you got if they went right now at 197: Beard or Dean?

It would be a true downer for IOWA if Max Dean wants to come to the NLWC to train for freestyle and is available to use his remaining NCAA eligibility only if injury to our 184 or 197 starters. I that even possible??

It would be a true downer for IOWA if Max Dean wants to come to the NLWC to train for freestyle and is available to use his remaining NCAA eligibility only if injury to our 184 or 197 starters. I that even possible??
Not sure. The post implied that he would be transferring to wrestle collegiate for penn state, I was under that impression.

If Dean is actually 197 lbs, I'd give him the advantage, but it's not a huge advantage so it wouldn't be a shock to me either if Beard beat him out.
Nice hedge. I would root for both as I always do if it's psu vs psu. I would take Dean, however, if I had to bet, and I think it would probably be quite a shock if the match went the other way...that's probably where we differ.

I think an early season* wrestle off would favor Dean over Beard. Beard looked super rough in his early NLWC matches; I thought he was going to blow chunks on the mat at the end of the Jackson match.

Now, later on in the year? That might be a different story. He looked infinitely better later on the season, but his cardiovascular fitness could still use some improvement. I think if he continues to improve (doesn't regress this summer) he'd have a good shot at beating Dean. Beard is a great wrestler and if he gets his lungs/heart in shape, he can be a top 3 guy next year.

I think an early season* wrestle off would favor Dean over Beard. Beard looked super rough in his early NLWC matches; I thought he was going to blow chunks on the mat at the end of the Jackson match.

Now, later on in the year? That might be a different story. He looked infinitely better later on the season, but his cardiovascular fitness could still use some improvement. I think if he continues to improve (doesn't regress this summer) he'd have a good shot at beating Dean. Beard is a great wrestler and if he gets his lungs/heart in shape, he can be a top 3 guy next year.
The match against the kid from Oklahoma was tough. Seemed like there were 3 takedowns that Beard had the initial sprawl and somehow gave up the takedown. I don't believe I have ever seen quite a match that way.

Reactions: Gray52
With the transfer portal, loyalty is over. At the highest levels it’s perform or we’ll find someone better who will. The athlete can say I want greener pastures so a recycling of the lineup will take place every year. No one knows the puzzle pieces but the coaching staff. I’m sure there is an outstanding plan that doesn’t have AA’s sitting and losing eligibility. But recruiting HS and re-recruiting college kids has really changed the landscape. But top notch kids want to wrestle at PSU and that sentiment is only growing because of the world class talent in the room. And I’m talking more than Dean. Let’s face it, PSU should have won with 4 champs last year and that grinds on some! It will be interesting to see how the lineup settles over the next 3 months.

With the transfer portal, loyalty is over. At the highest levels it’s perform or we’ll find someone better who will. The athlete can say I want greener pastures so a recycling of the lineup will take place every year. No one knows the puzzle pieces but the coaching staff. I’m sure there is an outstanding plan that doesn’t have AA’s sitting and losing eligibility. But recruiting HS and re-recruiting college kids has really changed the landscape. But top notch kids want to wrestle at PSU and that sentiment is only growing because of the world class talent in the room. And I’m talking more than Dean. Let’s face it, PSU should have won with 4 champs last year and that grinds on some! It will be interesting to see how the lineup settles over the next 3 months.
Beard did really well I thought. 7th place and some big wins. Looked better than he had all year and peaked for the big tournament. Mainly the 2nd place finish had to do more with the Berge injury, and the two weight classes in which Iowa got wins and advanced points, while psu got shut out completely, 149 and 165. Had the lions performed better in those 3 weights that might have been the difference.

Well since 3 million or so come here daily for enlightenment, I can draw a pretty accurate conclusion.
Lmfao. Good one. I'll stay out of this one that's a wide door to walk through I'll just say 90 percent of hr have some sort of issue. Not a single fan on that board ever called anyone out when I was allowed on there. Still the only person to get banned for speaking the truth lmfao.

Guess i missed it posted in here, but how many years does AJ have left once he transfer to SDS?
2 yrs -- 2023.

Though he missed all of last year due to injury. Maybe he applies for an additional year? Not sure if/how that would work since last year didn't count toward eligibility.

2 yrs -- 2023.

Though he missed all of last year due to injury. Maybe he applies for an additional year? Not sure if/how that would work since last year didn't count toward eligibility.
Can’t imagine getting compensated for something you didn’t lose. Or have…or didn’t count.

Sorry, I mean I CAN imagine it, just think that would be over the top

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT