ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Transfer portal news

You’d take Seabass over RBY? Not me, RBY’s ceiling is much higher. Seabass over Nick Lee?? Nick would smoke him!! Seabass has no future at PSU.

I'd take SeaBass in the lineup if RBY or Nick Lee decided they wanted to RS.

That said, it would complicate Bartlett's years. Unless Nick Lee went up to 149 after a RS. I'd love to see a filled out Nick Lee.

I'd ask this over on HR, but I already know how it would turn out...

There was mention that Riveria loathes Spencer Lee and hates everything Iowa.

Is there some beef with them? Did Riveria do or say anything in the past? I always thought he was a pretty OK guy.

Was his sin something other than trying to beat Spencer Lee, succeeding, and then being super-pumped about it?

Is there some beef with them? Did Riveria do or say anything in the past? I always thought he was a pretty OK guy.

Was his sin something other than trying to beat Spencer Lee, succeeding, and then being super-pumped about it?

Iowa fans used to think everyone hated Iowa wrestling because they were king of the mountain. Turns out everyone hated Iowa wrestling because they were so obnoxious.

Iowa fans used to think everyone hated Iowa wrestling because they were king of the mountain. Turns out everyone hated Iowa wrestling because they were so obnoxious.

I hate to tell you this but the worm has turned and MANY wrestling fans hate PSU for the same reason. Originally that was my goal, to be as hated as Iowa. However, I am not enjoying it at all. I am however, enjoying our wrestling success.

I think RBY has a higher ceiling--but you can't watch that B1G final and say RBY is better today
I hate to tell you this but the worm has turned and MANY wrestling fans hate PSU for the same reason. Originally that was my goal, to be as hated as Iowa. However, I am not enjoying it at all. I am however, enjoying our wrestling success.
I get it--I've joyfully hated the Yankees and 'bama (and the SEC in general) football for a long time now. Used to really hate Iowa too. Still feels like its worth the tradeoffs to me. :cool:

Reactions: Ski

RvMHSWu.jpg

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
I'd take SeaBass in the lineup if RBY or Nick Lee decided they wanted to RS.

That said, it would complicate Bartlett's years. Unless Nick Lee went up to 149 after a RS. I'd love to see a filled out Nick Lee.

Bartlett RS, RBY/Seabass 133/141, Nick Lee 149. What's the problem?

You would need to have a Sith Lord pushing you to the dark side to dislike Spencer Lee. He's one of the most genuinely decent wrestlers I've seen in a long time.

Bartlett RS, RBY/Seabass 133/141, Nick Lee 149. What's the problem?

Nick runs around all summer at about 145lbs. So making him a tiny 149 is a problem. Secondly, he’s going to wrestle for an Olympic spot at 65kg, so 141 is the perfect place to wrestle for PSU. And lastly, he’s the best 141 in the country, why put an inferior wrestler in that spot?

Nick runs around all summer at about 145lbs. So making him a tiny 149 is a problem. Secondly, he’s going to wrestle for an Olympic spot at 65kg, so 141 is the perfect place to wrestle for PSU. And lastly, he’s the best 141 in the country, why put an inferior wrestler in that spot?
I shouldn't be anymore, but every year I'm amazed at how many people are willing to weaken the lineup -- sometimes multiple lineup spots -- for the sake of juggling the lineup.

Trust the coaches. They've earned it, repeatedly, and then some.

Hypothesizing, but Rivera beats Spencer twice and most explained away the wins and still picked Spencer to win NCAAs (which turned out to be true!), which could lead to "hating" Spencer because of the surrounding circumstances and lack of respect while not necessarily hating Spencer the person, but the idea of him and what he represents.

Or he just hates him. Or he likes him! Who knows!?

Either way, I do think the FLO guys have actually articulated well that it is hard to hate PSU other than due to winning fatigue. They are great ambassadors of the sport and if you met any of them individually you would probably really like them! But the idea of them is easy to hate because they win so much.

I shouldn't be anymore, but every year I'm amazed at how many people are willing to weaken the lineup -- sometimes multiple lineup spots -- for the sake of juggling the lineup.

That and Seabass isn't coming to PSU. Every time an elite guy enters the portal PSU and Iowa fans talk themselves into them coming to each school. He's not coming to PSU. We don't even need him to come to PSU. We have plenty of talent.

Blasphemy! You mean the coaches who have won 9 out of the last 10 national championships (yes i declared us national champs last year as we held onto the title and didn’t lose it ;) ) but seriously winning 8 out of 9 we should trust Cael. I do have to say speculation from fans seem to stem from recent years of success watching the likes of Bo and Cassar bump up to win national titles. But hey I’m just gonna sit back, watch and enjoy lol

Good for Rutgers, I guess. His comments during Big Ten's certainly showed New Jersey pride.

They might get 3 in the top 8 at Bigs this season and might get back into the top 10 at Bigs. Talk about a major transfer with little to no impact on the team picture. Plus, it's only 1 year, so it has little to no impact on the drastic lack of talent there going forward.

They might get 3 in the top 8 at Bigs this season and might get back into the top 10 at Bigs. Talk about a major transfer with little to no impact on the team picture. Plus, it's only 1 year, so it has little to no impact on the drastic lack of talent there going forward.

Rutgers may be favored against LHU this season.

It’s great to know that, during this time of so much tumult, Matter’s devotion to Rutgers bashing is like the north star.

BAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH I’ll take the over :D

? And you forgot 2019?
The year in which Rutgers had 4 wrestlers place at B10s, 3 of whom were seniors?

Rutgers has 2 guys guaranteed to place at B10s in 2021: 133 and 141. 3 more could but are likely capped at 6th/7th (so they could also realistically not place): 157, 174, 197. Maybe 285 can get a conference 10 seed. The rest have a puncher's chance.

So, yeah, take the over vs. Matter's 3, and feel good that yet again Rutgers will struggle to qualify half of its lineup for nationals -- this being the flagship school for the nation's #2 talent pool.

Really, just because Matter springs a trap doesn't mean you have to jump head-first into it.

Last edited:
The year in which Rutgers had 4 wrestlers place at B10s, 3 of whom were seniors?

Rutgers has 2 guys guaranteed to place at B10s in 2021: 133 and 141. 3 more could but are likely capped at 6th/7th (so they could also realistically not place): 157, 174, 197. Maybe 285 can get a conference 10 seed. The rest have a puncher's chance.

So, yeah, take the over vs. Matter's 3, and feel good that yet again Rutgers will struggle to qualify half of its lineup for nationals -- this being the flagship school for the nation's #2 talent pool.

Really, just because Matter springs a trap doesn't mean you have to jump head-first into it.
I'm not so sure Matter set a trap, so much as Dagger walked by, saw all these pieces lying around, and built it around himself.

I actually love hearing Matter talk bout RU. Start 2019, he said Ash wouldn’t do much up a weight at 149 and that Suriano would get pummeled vs elite 133...

They BOTH go on to win and his new narrative is psshhh they shoulda had more titles .

Now new narrative is Seabass won’t have an impact on NJ wrestling -Matter❤️❤️

I actually love hearing Matter talk bout RU. Start 2019, he said Ash wouldn’t do much up a weight at 149 and that Suriano would get pummeled vs elite 133...

They BOTH go on to win and his new narrative is psshhh they shoulda had more titles .

Now new narrative is Seabass won’t have an impact on NJ wrestling -Matter❤️❤️

Interesting fiction. I said Ashnault was far from a lock at 149, mostly due to the uncertainty of his shoulder and that his last season being lost to injury or failure to fully return from injury was as likely an outcome as any other. Good thing he didn't come back in 2018, as he was rumored to be ready to do, because he wouldn't have stood a chance against that pool of talent. I also said Suriano would struggle to score points against the top 133 wrestlers, which I believe proved to be true.

But, yes, how many wrestlers won more titles individually than the two best wrestlers in NJ high school history combined in the time period both were wrestling? They should have won more. I don't think my position is even arguable. Imar went to the finals four times, which is more than AA and Suriano combined. He wasn't the best wrestler in Cali history by any stretch of the imagination and went to Illinois, which is hardly a championship factory. The evidence is overwhelming.

I also said, if you recall, that Rutgers was going to sink to the bottom part of the B1G in 2020, which proved to be exactly true. They had one sixth place finisher and one seventh place finisher in 2020 and finished ahead of only Indiana and Maryland, despite wrestling at home. Michigan State finished ahead of them. Michigan State! Almost all of their highly touted recruits (Aragona a sure-fire 4x AA? Lol) fell flat on their faces. Flat. Flat.

Just like your arguments.

And try reading. I said "(t)alk about a major transfer with little to no impact on the team picture. Plus, it's only 1 year, so it has little to no impact on the drastic lack of talent there going forward."

Reactions: Dogwelder
Interesting fiction. I said Ashnault was far from a lock at 149, mostly due to the uncertainty of his shoulder and that his last season being lost to injury or failure to fully return from injury was as likely an outcome as any other. Good thing he didn't come back in 2018, as he was rumored to be ready to do, because he wouldn't have stood a chance against that pool of talent. I also said Suriano would struggle to score points against the top 133 wrestlers, which I believe proved to be true.

But, yes, how many wrestlers won more titles individually than the two best wrestlers in NJ high school history combined in the time period both were wrestling? They should have won more. I don't think my position is even arguable. Imar went to the finals four times, which is more than AA and Suriano combined. He wasn't the best wrestler in Cali history by any stretch of the imagination and went to Illinois, which is hardly a championship factory. The evidence is overwhelming.

I also said, if you recall, that Rutgers was going to sink to the bottom part of the B1G in 2020, which proved to be exactly true. They had one sixth place finisher and one seventh place finisher in 2020 and finished ahead of only Indiana and Maryland, despite wrestling at home. Michigan State finished ahead of them. Michigan State! Almost all of their highly touted recruits (Aragona a sure-fire 4x AA? Lol) fell flat on their faces. Flat. Flat.

Just like your arguments.

And try reading. I said "(t)alk about a major transfer with little to no impact on the team picture. Plus, it's only 1 year, so it has little to no impact on the drastic lack of talent there going forward."
U said ash and suriano weren’t going to win.. bc ash won’t be able to adjust up to 149 and 133 u said suriano wouldn’t win bc fix, Micic etc.. well they both won and proved how much u know!

So u went from predicting neither will win that year, they both won, and now instead of saying wow nice grats, u just immediately say psssshhh if ur 4x nj champ u should be 4x national champ psssshhhh.... lol... btw if suriano is healthy good chance he woulda been 4x finalist like imar? Bet u didn’t factor that in... hmm ... hmm by ur logic David Craig , #1 p4p recruit, prolly most accomplished ever from FL, went to Lehigh and never AA so by ur logic that makes Lehigh bad program ?

U keep talking bout Ash like he was god tier recruit coming out of hs, just bc he was undefeated in hs doesn’t mean he was #1 p4p recruit. In fact, he was #8 p4p and becoming 4x AA and champ is a great accomplishment.

Like to remind u 2020 surprised no one, it’s a young team.. not like RU gets top 10 p4p recruits every year... jojo shoulda rs. It’s a young team and will only get better.

1 year of Sea bass will have a huge impact on the room , culture and future... your ru hate is strong and I love it!

I didn't see anyone mention it yet, but Rivera is planning on going 141. The weight is going to be absolutely insane.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT