ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Transfer portal news

If SeaBass is truly going 141 (rumored of course) i wonder what that does for his Olympic aspirations with Puerto Rico. Does he lose 16 lbs for 57 kg for the worlds last chance qualifier or does he go thru the gauntlet of 65 kg at last chance

Wasnt Seabass up to like 160 last offseason? He’s no stranger to massive loss.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Wasnt Seabass up to like 160 last offseason? He’s no stranger to massive loss.
Tbh I’m not too sure. I mean it wouldn’t surprise me after all Cenzo walked around at 200 the week before matches ;)

I guess it would also depend on how the schedules align meaning Big tens, NCAAs, world last chance and the Olympics.

Seems strange to leave a place where the coaches are "straight and honest," "real with you," & "not going behind your back." IDK, maybe, just maybe, coaching isn't a big factor in what's going on with Teasdale.
It practically boils down to a formula.

As the number of coaches a wrestler burns through increases, the wrestler's credibility as to assessments of his past coaching conversely decreases.

It practically boils down to a formula.

As the number of coaches a wrestler burns through increases, the wrestler's credibility as to assessments of his past coaching conversely decreases.
Can we see this on a graph form? Asking for a friend. :)

Reactions: tikk10
it's an option but will have to sit a year
At this point I have my doubts we will ever see Teasdale wrestle a full D-1 season. He squandered two opportunities with PSU and (for whatever reason) now he wasn’t able to stick at Iowa. He’s going to be 22 this fall so we’re not talking about a kid anymore. Does he really want to sit out another year only to be a 23-year-old sophomore while his h.s. friends are graduating from college?

Last edited:
At this point I have my doubts we will ever see Teasdale wrestle a full D-1 season. He squandered two opportunities with PSU and (for whatever reason) now he wasn’t able to stick at Iowa. He’s going to be 22 this fall so we’re not talking about a kid anymore. Does he really want to sit out another year only to be a 23-year-old sophomore while his h.s. friends are graduating from college?
Depends on what he wants out of life. My guess is, he’s still trying to figure that out. It’s bound to happen to some athletes that have been gifted since a young age.

Reactions: JimNazium
From all outward appearances, it would seem most of his friends would have graduated from Juvi, not college.

If I was him I would pick a DII school with chance to become a National DII champ.

As if he gives a rip about his HS friends graduating at this stage of his life. They'll be graduating and he'll be 23 regardless of whether or not he sits.

Sitting won't be a problem, he wasn't going to start anyway.

Does anyone think that we'll pick up anyone worthwhile between now and the start of second semester?

The only person I think who'd be an upgrade to the current roster that has been mentioned thus far is SeaBass. Otherwise, Kennedy Monday would be sitting if he came to PSU, as would Teasdale, albeit for different reasons.

Does anyone think that we'll pick up anyone worthwhile between now and the start of second semester?

The only person I think who'd be an upgrade to the current roster that has been mentioned thus far is SeaBass. Otherwise, Kennedy Monday would be sitting if he came to PSU, as would Teasdale, albeit for different reasons.

You’d take Seabass over RBY? Not me, RBY’s ceiling is much higher. Seabass over Nick Lee?? Nick would smoke him!! Seabass has no future at PSU.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
You’d take Seabass over RBY? Not me, RBY’s ceiling is much higher. Seabass over Nick Lee?? Nick would smoke him!! Seabass has no future at PSU.

Theoretically, Seabass for a year could allow RBY to redshirt if he wanted. If he was willing to stay at 133.

Reactions: Crunched

I think it would work out well to RS either Nick or RBY, that would benefit us greatly and the drop off not too great. I agree both are better than Seabass (RBY slightly next year as he is raising his game with every tough match) but SR would likely be top 4 @ 133 and at least AA at a loaded 141 assuming Yanni and Eireman return. It's not looking like such a sure thing for Eireman right now.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT