ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Transfer portal news

Weiler from Lehigh -- highly unlikely to PSU.

Everyone from ODU.

Also curious on any 149/157 immediate help / grad senior

125 would be a nice pickup give howard a red shirt yr. ODU 125 is decent I thought, doesnt hurt to have a cpl in the rm ready to go and compete.

Weiler from Lehigh -- highly unlikely to PSU.

Everyone from ODU.
El-Jefe you always seem like a knowledgeable person. Any chance that there is a website that shows the transfer portal for wrestling like 247 shows for basketball and football. TIA and sorry if this has been brought up before

I think howard can be 125 for few yrs unless he has growth spurt. He's not really that big. Hidley would be doubtful unless both were coming, I would think.

I think howard can be 125 for few yrs unless he has growth spurt. He's not really that big. Hidley would be doubtful unless both were coming, I would think.

I hear ya. But Hidlay is from PA and a red shirt senior. However, referring back to the clue, a "much warmer state than Pennsylvania" seems to be a better description for Arizona than NC.

Reactions: LHavenlion
The kid at 125 for ODU is Killian Cardinale, a sophomore and ranked 14 by Intermat. I know nothing about him but I'd imagine you could do worse things than bring in a kid like this.

The kid at 125 for ODU is Killian Cardinale, a sophomore and ranked 14 by Intermat. I know nothing about him but I'd imagine you could do worse things than bring in a kid like this.
If I recall Michael Mcgee from ODU has had better results and still has eligibility. I think the only issue may be getting back down to 125

If I recall Michael Mcgee from ODU has had better results and still has eligibility. I think the only issue may be getting back down to 125

But I think it is significant that Cardinale dropped to 125 last season and had better results than he did at 133 and McGee redshirted last year and wrestled at 133. Sounds like Cardinale is more likely to be at 125 next season. JMHO.

El-Jefe you always seem like a knowledgeable person. Any chance that there is a website that shows the transfer portal for wrestling like 247 shows for basketball and football. TIA and sorry if this has been brought up before
I'm unaware, but honestly there's no real need -- the various wrestling media members tweet out that stuff pretty quickly.

Reactions: donboy6499
I'm unaware, but honestly there's no real need -- the various wrestling media members tweet out that stuff pretty quickly.
Yeah i figured but it’s always kinda cool how 247 does it with basketball and football as to show who are interested parties, etc. but you are right with a close knit media and athletes using social media, everything is very open and talked about pretty easily

...does any other state have more collegiate wrestling programs than
Pennsylvania?...

Hey - he didn't say PSU, he said returned to Pennsylvania. There are other options:
Lehigh
Penn
Pitt
Bucknell
Franklin & Marshall
Edinboro
Clarion
Kutztown
Bloomsburg
Lock Haven
Drexel

source.gif

Collegiate D1 Wrestling Programs, by State (2019-20)

Pennsylvania 11
North Carolina 7
New York 6
Virginia 5
Ohio 4
Illinois 4
California 4
Michigan 3
Iowa 3
New Jersey 3
Oklahoma 2
Indiana 2
South Carolina 2
Colorado 2
Maryland 2
Rhode Island 1
Utah 1
South Dakota 1
Wisconsin 1
Massachusetts 1
Minnesota 1
Connecticut 1
Missouri 1
Tennessee 1
Nebraska 1
Wa DC 1
Oregon 1
West Virginia 1
Arizona 1
Wyoming 1
Arkansas 1
North Dakota 1

5 transfers into tOSU!!!!!
Actually 3: Hoffman, Hubbard, and Orndorff. Boykin grayshirted at the USOTC, so not sure why he's on the list. Those are the only names listed for Ohio State.

Still, point taken, Tan Tom is working hard to improve his team.

Reactions: matter7172
Actually 3: Hoffman, Hubbard, and Orndorff. Boykin grayshirted at the USOTC, so not sure why he's on the list. Those are the only names listed for Ohio State.

Technically 2, Hubbard and Boykin has enrolled for spring semester this year. Atleast both are on the buckeyes website since i was trying to learn more about Boykin and his background. However interesting that Tom Ryan has elected to have a plethora of heavyweights

Reactions: matter7172
5 transfers into tOSU!!!!!

Technically 2, Hubbard and Boykin has enrolled for spring semester this year. Atleast both are on the buckeyes website since i was trying to learn more about Boykin and his background. However interesting that Tom Ryan has elected to have a plethora of heavyweights

Hubbard originally committed to us out of high school. IIRC, he either enrolled briefly, or never enrolled, and went the our standard route of going to Notre Dame college (near me in NE Ohio, just east of Cleveland), to get his credentials in line to be able to enroll at tOSU. Kevon Freeman is another name that did a similar approach. This was the plan for Isaiah White, but some kind of issue(s) arose and he never went to tOSU.

Boykin is a greco guy. We seem to be collecting them, with the Koontz twins and Shierl.

This is the first I heard of Garrett Hoffman. (I assume he is related?)

I wondered about Orndorff last autumn. As soon as Kirkvliet transferred out, the day before the first match of the season, I looked at the 285 listings and Orndorff stood out as the obvious "best" choice for a transfer, as he was ranked in top 10, and only a sophomore. The other would have been Stencel, but he would be transferring for one year only, so didnt make as much sense. So, when I saw the Orndorff transferred to tOSU, it didnt surprise me.

Tom recently said, in an interview, that there is a 157 transfer coming in, that he could not name yet. I am not sure if this was Hubbard or Freeman (I dont think so, as both are now listed on the roster.) I dont think its Echemendia, as he is also official. If you guys hear something, tell me .

Reactions: Shot of Espresso
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT