BB Recruiting Transfer big man visiting next week

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
I'm not so sure about Shrewsberry's strategy here with all these one-year transfers from Lehigh, Bucknell, etc. I'm having flashbacks to year two of DeChellis when he brought in a bunch of Euros and they were all bad. (But in Ed's defense, one ended up becoming Chewbacca)

Reactions: WaylonJ and therod

lockhavenlion3

Nov 21, 2014
I'm not so sure about Shrewsberry's strategy here with all these one-year transfers from Lehigh, Bucknell, etc. I'm having flashbacks to year two of DeChellis when he brought in a bunch of Euros and they were all bad. (But in Ed's defense, one ended up becoming Chewbacca)
hey, he got his big start here; acting like a bb player;)

MacNit07

Aug 5, 2017
You get the best you can…All-Big10 centers are not out there in a Christmas stocking..,

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
You get the best you can…All-Big10 centers are not out there in a Christmas stocking..,
I agree, and at least these are one-year stopgaps. The game has changed since 2004-05, but back then Ed was grabbing the Euros out of desperation. I hope Shrewsberry sees an actual fit here and is not doing this because he lost on some recruits. I admit I don't really follow recruiting at all

CCFlamingo

Jul 26, 2001
He would add another dimension to the team. He does not the have the inside physical presence of Harrar even though he adds some length that provides some shot altering in the inside lane if not shot blocking. He does have a nice outside touch will could help clear out the lane for Pickett and whoever else emerges as someone who can take it inside.

bison13

Dec 22, 2007
Pick and pop 5. For what they may lose defensively probably an upgrade on offense if he comes

Reactions: The Shelter

Parkland Fan

Jul 25, 2001
I go to most of Lehigh’s home games and have a positive view of Lynch. He always hustles, moves the ball well and can hit the 3. Plus, he has improved each year. He will be a good complement to the young bigs. Let’s hope we get him.

Ian

Gold Member
Jul 8, 2001
State College, Pa
Agree. Not impressed with Grad transfers from Drexel, Bucknell, and possibly Lehigh. I guess that’s the best Shrew can do but let’s hope the frosh season fast because it could be a long year if not.

Last edited:

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
Agree. Not impressed with Grad transfers from Drexel, Bucknell, and possibly Lehigh. I guess that’s the best Shrew can do but let’s hope the frost season fast because it could be a long year if not.

Hoping it's just a one-year thing to fill out minutes. I know things are much different now, with the transfer portal, but I'm having flashbacks to things that Ed tried early on, and failed miserably. Of course, it is not fair to Shrew to compare him with Ed. Shrew learned from much better coaches than Ed was ever around

Cletus11

Aug 8, 2003
Hoping it's just a one-year thing to fill out minutes. I know things are much different now, with the transfer portal, but I'm having flashbacks to things that Ed tried early on, and failed miserably. Of course, it is not fair to Shrew to compare him with Ed. Shrew learned from much better coaches than Ed was ever around
Big difference between an 18 year old euro with very limited data points playing against real high school completion and going after multi year starters at the college level. Plus one year guys so don’t limit schollies for multiple years like Ed’s gambles did. So not even close in my mind as a comparison.

MacNit07

Aug 5, 2017
Agree. Not impressed with Grad transfers from Drexel, Bucknell, and possibly Lehigh. I guess that’s the best Shrew can do but let’s hope the frosh season fast because it could be a long year if not.
Those teams have all went to the NCAA more than PSU? Shrews knows what he is doing…at least it appears so to date.

Parkland Fan

Jul 25, 2001
I go to most of Lehigh’s home games and have a positive view of Lynch. He always hustles, moves the ball well and can hit the 3. Plus, he has improved each year. He will be a good complement to the young bigs. Let’s hope we get him.
Since I retired I have been volunteering with Lehigh's Athletic Department. I will be there today and will try to get some scoop.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Couple years ago a big kid named Nate Sestina transferred from Bucknell to Kentucky and was a starter until he broke his wrist. Starting at Kentucky....pretty damned good.

Media Fan

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2001
I think these two portal guards have good resumes, and should serve to allow the fr. Guards to mature some before they get tossed in. I like it.
Now, 2-3 big men between portal and the next recruiting class.

Reactions: NedFromYork

Parkland Fan

Jul 25, 2001
Since I retired I have been volunteering with Lehigh's Athletic Department. I will be there today and will try to get some scoop.
I did talk to two staff members, they did not know anything about Lynch's plans. One guy was very high on the transfer from Bucknell. He said he is a real play maker and has a nice shot.

canuckhal

May 5, 2014
Where else are they going to come from? Certainly not Duke or North Carolina.

Reactions: Parkland Fan

Latest posts