ADVERTISEMENT

Football Tracking where Penn State players end up in the 2022 NFL Draft

Possibly the first time i have ever heard anyone refer to the last round as a "great spot"
Before last season, wasn't there some speculation that Walker was a potential high draft pick, even 1st round?

And he had additional eligibility yet declared for the draft --- bad choice on his part?

8 PSU players drafted

And the team finished 7-6?
hmmm

Yeah, saw some crowing online that we had more draft picks than Ohio State. Nevermind that those kids went 0-4 against OSU.

Whatever the success of the team on the field, the staff has done a solid job of recruiting talent and putting kids in position to succeed at the next level.

Yeah, saw some crowing online that we had more draft picks than Ohio State. Nevermind that those kids went 0-4 against OSU.

Whatever the success of the team on the field, the staff has done a solid job of recruiting talent and putting kids in position to succeed at the next level.
His primary job focus is to win games with student athlete's. He's failing at the job.

No disrespect, but I don’t care what they do at the “next level.”

No disrespect, but I don’t care what they do at the “next level.”

Of course that's not the most important thing. Winning games while in college is what we all care about first and foremost.

But having success at the next level is absolutely important for recruiting. Whether it's getting guys drafted high, or having those guys succeed in the NFL. That's a terrific recruiting pitch.

Franklin has no problems getting elite talent and getting them NFL ready. Clearly that's not translating to team success.

Great spot meaning Green Bay.

I've noticed this board still seems to pretend it's 20 years ago and if you enter the draft early without being a first or second round pick you made a mistake. That's not true at all.
Nobody is saying this at all. The 7th round is the last round of the draft and it's hardly a desirable position to be taken, and it's fact that most 7th round draft picks don't make NFL rosters. Penn States offensive line was poor and it shows in the draft.

Reactions: psualt
Nobody is saying this at all. The 7th round is the last round of the draft and it's hardly a desirable position to be taken, and it's fact that most 7th round draft picks don't make NFL rosters. Penn States offensive line was poor and it shows in the draft.
Who said the OL was good? The discussion is about Walker and his decision. Every single person alive knows the OL is garbage. Poor coaching/poor scheme/etc. Again, this is about Walker and he made the RIGHT decision to leave. Again, see the OL being awful/the poor coaching/etc.

Of course that's not the most important thing. Winning games while in college is what we all care about first and foremost.

But having success at the next level is absolutely important for recruiting. Whether it's getting guys drafted high, or having those guys succeed in the NFL. That's a terrific recruiting pitch.

Franklin has no problems getting elite talent and getting them NFL ready. Clearly that's not translating to team success.
Good insight and pretty much how I feel.

ADVERTISEMENT