ADVERTISEMENT

Tracking the BWI Board 2016-17 LMS Contest

Note: I had keyed this in on 1/23, and did not realize until 1/30 that I had not posted it. Fortunately, the draft of it had been saved, so I'm posting it as if I had posted it as planned on 1/23.

After the 11th week of the competition, it's absolute carnage in the LMS competition. Stunning number of previously undefeated wrestlers were defeated, or in one case did not wrestler in their team's dual. Only two wrestlers entered in the competition remain undefeated -- Zahid Valencia and Nick Nevills

After the 11th week of the competition the following competitors were dropped:
Out: obrats, sneedram55, LaxHawk174, dsauer22, Blackcat97, Lion-around, greenmanRD, SetonHallPirate, lobo lion, 21Guns, bigbopper1985

- obrat's out because Nick Suriano lost on 1/20 to Thomas Gilman of Iowa, and others others have his primary, Zahid Valencia, and their backups have not lost
- sneedram55's out because Nick Suriano lost on 1/20 to Thomas Gilman and others has his secondary, Zahid Valencia, as their primary
- LaxHawk174's out because Michael Kemerer lost on 1/20 to Jason Nolf, and his backup, Kaid Brock, lost on 1/21 to Seth Gross of S. Dakota St.
- dsauer22's out because Micah Jordan did not wrestle for Ohio State on 1/22 in their dual with Maryland
- Blackcat97's out because his Logan Massa lost on 1/20 to IMar, and others have his primary, Zahid Valencia, and their backups have not lost
- Lion-around's out because his Nick Suriano lost on 1/20 to Thomas Gilman and his backup, Kaid Brock lost on 1/21 to Seth Gross of S. Dakota St.
- greenmanRD's out because Logan Massa lost to IMar on 1/20, and his backup, Micah Jordan did not wrestler for Ohio State on 1/22 in their dual with Maryland
- SetonHallPirate's out because Kaid Brock lost to Seth Gross of S. Dakota St. on 1/21 and his backup, Nick Suriano, lost to Thomas Gilman on 1/20
- lobo lion's out because Micah Jordan did not wrestle for Ohio State on 1/22 in their dual with Maryland, and his backup, Nick Suriano, lost to Thomas Gilman on 1/20
- 21Guns's out because Logan Massa lost to IMar on 1/20, and his backup, Nick Suriano, lost to Thomas Gilman on 1/20
- bigbopper1985's out because Kaid Brock lost to Seth Gross on 1/21 and others have his secondary, Zahid Valencia, as their primary

Participants who have previously been eliminated:
Gork2, John Basedow, jrod9, slushhead, CowboyUp61, jrod9, KidNittany, a_mshaffer, CSauertiegPSU, LeelandLoyal, Rekabeduts69, PhilaNit, ZepGraffiti, diggerpup, psurescurve, tikk10, El-Jefe, johnstownsteel, Lion in GA, mikbard, Doak, Clarion167, Tom McAndrew, caliPSUfan, WildTurk, and Gray52

Note: If you find that an entrant lost, and I have not indicated as such, don't hesitate to post about it.

Participants still in as of 1/23:

nitlion6, NoVa Lion, histone, JOETROSSER

Basically, it comes down to whether Zahid Valencia or Nick Nevills is the next to lose. histone appears to be in the best shape, as he's the only one with both his primary and his secondary still unbeaten.

Lastly, even if Roar had posted his entry before the deadline, he would be out of the running as both Suriano and Massa were defeated over the weekend.

Reactions: hlstone
After the 12th week of the competition, we have a winner in the BWI Board LMS content. Basically, the competition came down to who would lose first from between Zahid Valencia and Nick Nevills.

After the 12th week of the competition the following competitors were dropped:
Out: nitlion6, NoVa Lion, JOETROSSER

- nitlion6's out because Nick Nevills lost to Connor Medbery on 1/27 and his secondary had already lost
- NoVa Lion's out because his secondary, Nick Nevills, lost to Connor Medbery on 1/27
- JOETROSSER's out because Nick Nevills lost to Connor Medbery on 1/27 and his secondary had already lost

Participants who have previously been eliminated:
Gork2, John Basedow, jrod9, slushhead, CowboyUp61, jrod9, KidNittany, a_mshaffer, CSauertiegPSU, LeelandLoyal, Rekabeduts69, PhilaNit, ZepGraffiti, diggerpup, psurescurve, tikk10, El-Jefe, johnstownsteel, Lion in GA, mikbard, Doak, Clarion167, Tom McAndrew, caliPSUfan, WildTurk, Gray52, obrats, sneedram55, LaxHawk174, dsauer22, Blackcat97, Lion-around, greenmanRD, SetonHallPirate, lobo lion, 21Guns, and bigbopper1985,

At this point, the following contestants have their primary, Zahid Valencia, still undefeated:

obrats
johnstownsteel
histone
Doak
dsauer22
Blackcat97

Each of these contests have had their secondary contestant lose. Of these entrants, histone's secondary contestant was the last to lose (Nick Nevills on 1/27). As such, on a tiebreaker, histone is the winner of the 2016-2017 BWI Board LMS Contest.

Congratulations to all that participated. I thought the contest was a lot of fun, and hope that more of you will participate in it next year.

histone, you get bragging rights for one year.

It's better to be lucky than good. Thanks Tom that was fun. I was great to win, but as long as I beat Roar, I am happy.:)

We need to find a way to do this with brackets next year, and include wrestlebacks. Top 8 get AA status.

I got into the final 16, but no dice. Hats off to the CHAMP Histone: Pulling off a Cenzo like throw, with Cael and Casey waiting for him to congratulate him. No trophy though, maybe a few free drinks at whiskers lol.

Reactions: hlstone
We need to find a way to do this with brackets next year, and include wrestlebacks. Top 8 get AA status.

I got into the final 16, but no dice. Hats off to the CHAMP Histone: Pulling off a Cenzo like throw, with Cael and Casey waiting for him to congratulate him. No trophy though, maybe a few free drinks at whiskers lol.

Well screwed up that reply, oops. But 21 guns, I like drinks and I like them even better when you pay for them! Go PSU sports!

Please forgive me for having my avatar of my kid. You must admit that it is a cool shot.:)

Reactions: 21Guns
So after the 1st weekend of competition, here's what we have in the LMS contest:

Out: histone, Gork2, John Basedow, jrod9, and slushhead

- histone's out because Austin Harry lost on 11/6
(Note: This has been changed, as my spreadsheet did not reflect the edited entry by histone. He's still alive in the contest)
- Gork2's out because Micah Barnes lost on 11/6
- John Basedow's out because Garrett Hammond took an injury forfeit on 11/6
- jrod9's out because his backup, Micic, lost on 11/5, and several others have his primary (V. Joseph) and their backups have not yet lost
- slushhead's out because his backup, Studebaker, lost on 11/6, and several others have his primary (V. Joseph) and their backups have not yet lost

Note: If you find that an entrant lost, and I have not indicated as such, don't hesitate to post about it.

Tom, Are you doing a last man standing pool this year?

Ha... maybe I'll get my picks in on time, and not give you the pleasure of busting my chops ;).

I can't remember if I busted your chops more than histone. I could go back through all the posts, but it's not critical. I'm confident you will get your picks on in time this year.

I can't remember if I busted your chops more than histone. I could go back through all the posts, but it's not critical. I'm confident you will get your picks in on time this year.

I may have busted Roar's chops more often, but Tom started it. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT