ADVERTISEMENT

Tracking the 2020 Postseasons for PSU Commits

Chris Watts

Jan 9, 2020
I didn't type out all the results. I trust you are able to click a link and read brackets. :)

Robert Howard – Bergen Catholic, NJ – 126 lbs

Beau Bartlett – Wyoming Seminary, PA – 138 lbs

Austin Boone – Lowell, Michigan – 145 lbs

Matt Lee – Evansville, Indiana – 157 lbs

Aurelius Dunbar – Mercersburg Academy, PA – 160 lbs

(Decommitted) Trey Kibe – Mifflin County, PA – 170 lbs

Alex Facundo – Davison, Michigan – 171 lbs

Last edited:
Per Willie after the Delbarton dual, Howard is "half a man right now" and should sit the rest of the year out but wants to help his team so before anyone panics about any of his results.
What are those results? In states tech x 2 in 1:59 and pin in 57 seconds. Thanks.
Or did is miss the sarcasm?

Reactions: STAND with PRIDE
What are those results? In states tech x 2 in 1:59 and pin in 57 seconds. Thanks.
Or did is miss the sarcasm?
He's taken some close losses that if 100% would probably go the other way.

Crookham and the Delbarton guy. Maybe the result would have stayed the same, but if his shoulder is really hurt then could be the reason.

I don't think I'm the right person to start this thread but I enjoy Tom's pinned thread from 2019 so I thought I'd compile some of the postseason results that I could find. Tom (or anyone else), feel free to steal and organize as you did before!

I didn't type out all the results. I trust you are able to click a link and read brackets. :)

Also, did I miss anyone??

• NJSIAA District 7 – Results
  • NJSIAA Region 2 – Feb. 28-29 – Brackets
  • NJSIAA States – March 5-7

Trey Kibe – Mifflin County, PA – 170 lbs
  • PIAA District 6 AAA – Results
  • PIAA NW AAA Regionals – Feb. 28-29 – Brackets
  • PIAA AAA States – March 5-7

Alex Facundo – Davison, Michigan – 171(o_O) lbs
Great info. Thanks for posting.

He's taken some close losses that if 100% would probably go the other way.

Crookham and the Delbarton guy. Maybe the result would have stayed the same, but if his shoulder is really hurt then could be the reason.

Isnt the Crookham match when he got hurt??

He's had 2 MRIs and is wrestling with the shoulder taped but no harness.
In the district 1/4 Tech 18-2, semi tech 18-2, and final a pin in 0:51. So I'm assuming it is a nagging but not real serious injury.
Howard has missed significant time this year.
First action at Ironman, 12/21.
Then missed a month, next match 1/22.
Then missed 3 weeks, next match 2/12.
Only wredtled 10 matches this year.

Reactions: kevin310
Per Willie after the Delbarton dual, Howard is "half a man right now" and should sit the rest of the year out but wants to help his team so before anyone panics about any of his results.
Panic over his results set in a while ago. More than one or two posts about Howard not DI material.
Hoping for good health and a Penn State room developed Robbie Howard wowing us for the next 4 or 5 years.

Reactions: TooltimePSU
Panic over his results set in a while ago. More than one or two posts about Howard not DI material.
Hoping for good health and a Penn State room developed Robbie Howard wowing us for the next 4 or 5 years.
Anybody who says he’s not D1 material is an idiot. Now, is he top 5 or 10 P4P prospect like many (myself included) thought, maybe not. But he’s a damn talented kid who just needs to stay healthy and clean up some things. He may not have the highest ceiling, but health willing he’s got a very high floor.

3 consecutive world teams =/= D1 material.

giphy.gif

Anybody who says he’s not D1 material is an idiot. Now, is he top 5 or 10 P4P prospect like many (myself included) thought, maybe not. But he’s a damn talented kid who just needs to stay healthy and clean up some things. He may not have the highest ceiling, but health willing he’s got a very high floor.

All due respect since I really respect your wrestling knowledge but I always thought Howard was more of a high ceiling and low floor kind of guy.

Thank you for posting this! Really appreciate it. Who did Kibe lose to this year? I can’t believe how many people have changed their opinion of Howard and now don’t see him as a top level recruit. The kid has been in the spotlight his whole life and when that happens people end up knit picking every little thing. This hasn’t been his best year but that’s entirely because of injuries. The kid will be a star in college. I think he lives wrestling and has a very good work ethic. Those are 2 of the most important things in being successful at the college level. You truly have to love the sport because it is such a grind and you have to put in so much work. My only complaint and it’s a small complaint is that I hate how he backs up all the time and puts himself in the zone. I know he does it on purpose to catch people stepping because he is so quick but in college he will get with stalling quite often if it continues. He needs to look at how RBY controls space because their speed is similar.
It’s great that Bartlett got added to the Classic. I’m sure he wants another shot at TalShahar. Beau is going to beat him comfortably this time around.

Reactions: Chris Watts
Robbie wowing us for the next 4/5 years is impossible....penn state can’t recruit 125ers

All due respect since I really respect your wrestling knowledge but I always thought Howard was more of a high ceiling and low floor kind of guy.
Doesn’t get scored on a ton, smart wrestler, has a couple go-to leg attacks, solid on both top and bottom. As long as he’s healthy I don’t see him being a bust, but I’ve been wrong before.

Robbie wowing us for the next 4/5 years is impossible....penn state can’t recruit 125ers
I wouldn't know what to do if we had a star ag 125. It's been a while. Since Jersey boy anyhow. Would love to see the front of the lineup match the backside.

Thanks for putting this together. I was just thinking this weekend that I should have already started, and entered data, for this year's version of the thread. Alas, I've been pretty busy with other things, so thanks for taking this on. I'm going to pin this thread.

Aren't Facundo & Kibe 2021 recruits?
Yes. To be more accurate, I suppose the thread title should be "Tracking the 2020 Postseasons for PSU Commits" (or something like that). Alas, I'm not sure how to edit the title. :(

Edit: But luckily there are others who can do it for me. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I find it interesting that two of our recruits are from Michigan and the two schools they come from are probably the best in the state. They have put out some NC at the college level.

I find it interesting that two of our recruits are from Michigan and the two schools they come from are probably the best in the state. They have put out some NC at the college level.

Detroit Catholic Central has been considerably ahead of both Davison and Lowell for quite some time now. But, both are nationally ranked as well.

As a matter of fact CC just beat Davison for the 2nd time this season to win the team title minutes ago with some considerable controversy. Your recruit, Facundo, was at the center of it.

Davison bumped him up to 189 to face the #2 ranked kid. While leading 5-1, Facundo was called for an illegal slam. The kid didn’t continue. Facundo would end up losing and Davison inevitably lost 34-23.

https://www.mlive.com/highschoolspo...-nations-no-1-wrestler-mhsaa-finals-loss.html

As a matter of fact CC just beat Davison for the 2nd time this season to win the team title minutes ago with some considerable controversy. Your recruit, Facundo, was at the center of it.

Davison bumped him up to 189 to face the #2 ranked kid. While leading 5-1, Facundo was called for an illegal slam. The kid didn’t continue. Facundo would end up losing and Davison inevitably lost 34-23.

https://www.mlive.com/highschoolspo...-nations-no-1-wrestler-mhsaa-finals-loss.html

we're well aware of this match, as there is an entire thread devoted to it on this board:

https://bwi.forums.rivals.com/threads/facundo-jobbed-at-michigan-team-state-finals.261497/

Sorry, I don’t normally follow your board and didn’t even see it or really look for it. I just went to your recruit topic since you landed two of the best local talent we have had since Metcalf. Figured the post fit well here.

Appreciate the info either way, thanks.

Howard wins 7-1 and is into the semis this evening.
Thanks for the scores Mcnulty. I'll try to help out with some details if I watch Robbie's matches live. The score and clock aren't shown in the live screen so it's a lil tricky.

QF round - Robbie Howard vs Alex Almeyda
pd 1- Howard TD @ 1:45 - slick slide by for 2
He rode him hard for the rest of the period locking up a cradle but couldn't turn him.
Score 2-0 Howard.
pd 2 - Almeyda takes down. Howard riding hard again for ~ 60+ secs then Almeyda escapes. Howard with another slide by for 2 and rides him out to end pd 2.
Score 4-1 Howard.
pd 3 - Howard out quickly for 1, score now 5-1 and he gets another TD for 2 and rides out Almeyda to end the match. Score 7-1 Howard.
Howard completely dominated and looked healthy, quick and strong.

Isn’t Almeyda a nationally ranked kid? Sounds like a dominating win. Hopefully Robbie’s shoulder is completely healed!

Isn’t Almeyda a nationally ranked kid? Sounds like a dominating win. Hopefully Robbie’s shoulder is completely healed!
Yep he's ranked #18 nationally. I was impressed with him at Super32 last October. Robbie is up in 5 mins against Nico Nardone ranked #11 in the semis. Nardone beat Howard late in the season so this match will be great. I'll post the details shortly.

Semi Final round - Robbie Howard vs Nico Nardone
High level counter & defensive wrestling in this match...

pd 1- Howard had double overs twice but couldn't capitalize.
Good defense by both guys with equal aggression but no points scored
Score 0-0.
pd 2 - Nardone takes down. Howard riding hard again but Nardone out in 30 secs. Howard hits a deep double with authority to go up 2-1. Nadine escapes for 1 with :20 to go and no further its scored.
Score 2-2.
pd 3 - Howard takes down and he's finally out for 1 with ~1:00 left. score now 3-2. Nardone drives in for a double leg but Robbie pancakes him for a clutch 2 with just 10 secs left!! Nardone smartly rolled to his belly avoiding back exposure and escapes with 3 secs left but the match is over.
Final score 5-3 Howard.
Robbie flexes briefly then sprints to the Atlantic ocean to cool off(I made that up). He looked great again in getting revenge over Nardone. He will face Mackensie Bell who upset the 1 seed Eddie Ventresca.

Chris, thank you very much for providing this detail & the links. I've lived many years in NJ and PA so my interests are almost equal. NJ wrestling is much more difficult to follow live on line so your info below or above is appreciated.
Tim

Trey Kibe – Mifflin County, PA – 170 lbs

Alex Facundo – Davison, Michigan – 171 lbs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT