ADVERTISEMENT

Trace woulda pulled that out!

The Chiefs owned The Ravens D and lit them up through the air. The Ravens didn't have an answer for anything The Chiefs were doing and Jackson looked lost.

As JoePa used to say "You are never as good as you look when you win, and you are never as bad as you look when you lose'

The Ravens looked bad last night, but they are still a formidable opponent. They just didn't have what it took to win.

The Chiefs owned The Ravens D and lit them up through the air. The Ravens didn't have an answer for anything The Chiefs were doing and Jackson looked lost.

As JoePa used to say "You are never as good as you look when you win, and you are never as bad as you look when you lose'

The Ravens looked bad last night, but they are still a formidable opponent. They just didn't have what it took to win.

As a Steeler fan, I shed NO tears for the Purple Chickens!

As impressed as I am with Mahomes and I think he's fantastic, the KC defense deserves a lot of credit for last night. They really had Baltimore and Jackson confused.
I also think the Ravens OC and maybe Harbaugh as well panicked and went away from their ground game too early.
As good as Jackson is he needs a strong ground game.
The Ravens are not as bad as KC made them look. And that is a testament to how good KC is.
If I were the Jets or Lions I'd be on the phone to Eric Bienemy like yesterday.

As impressed as I am with Mahomes and I think he's fantastic, the KC defense deserves a lot of credit for last night. They really had Baltimore and Jackson confused.
I also think the Ravens OC and maybe Harbaugh as well panicked and went away from their ground game too early.
As good as Jackson is he needs a strong ground game.
The Ravens are not as bad as KC made them look. And that is a testament to how good KC is.
If I were the Jets or Lions I'd be on the phone to Eric Bienemy like yesterday.
What did Eric Bienemy ever do to you that you wish him such ill fortune?

Probably the last thing that buffoon came up with that wasn’t thoroughly annoying. Was that 30+ years ago?

LOL, and what does ESPN do? They put him back at halftime for Sunday Highlights. UGHHHHHH!!!!.
I would now like to take this time to apologize to Mike Tirico, Tony Kornheiser, Sean Mcdonough, and Joe Tessistore. You were not the worst MNF announcing team. The current triumvirate of Greasy, Riddick and Levy is far worse.
But Booger you and Witten were still bad. :cool:

Ravens fan here. Kinda knew it was going to be a long night when they settled for 3 on the opening drive and kc responded with a td. They play really poorly if they fall behind, even early, and/because for whatever reason Roman is incredibly quick to abandon the run. At some point in the 1st half they had 29 passes and 6 runs. Felt like the Tennessee game. Still expect to sweep the division based on what I’ve seen and plenty of time to correct last night’s mistakes. They were never going 16-0.

Reactions: BBrown
LOL, and what does ESPN do? They put him back at halftime for Sunday Highlights. UGHHHHHH!!!!.
I would now like to take this time to apologize to Mike Tirico, Tony Kornheiser, Sean Mcdonough, and Joe Tessistore. You were not the worst MNF announcing team. The current triumvirate of Greasy, Riddick and Levy is far worse.
Oh, how I miss Howard, Dandy Don, and Frank....although Gifford was a bit stiff and boring.....back when football was fun.

I actually like Riddick. I don’t know that he’s much of a broadcaster but he’s a football guy discussing football. I like that.

I actually like Riddick. I don’t know that he’s much of a broadcaster but he’s a football guy discussing football. I like that.

It doesn't matter who they throw out there. People love to bitch. Complain about ex players, people who know the game but never played, and even the outsiders...remember the Dennis Miller experiment?

I liked Riddick a lot more when he was in the studio. I don't know why MNF thinks you have to have 3 announcers in the booth.
Maybe just have 2 that know what they are doing. 🤷‍♂️

Ravens fan here. Kinda knew it was going to be a long night when they settled for 3 on the opening drive and kc responded with a td. They play really poorly if they fall behind, even early, and/because for whatever reason Roman is incredibly quick to abandon the run. At some point in the 1st half they had 29 passes and 6 runs. Felt like the Tennessee game. Still expect to sweep the division based on what I’ve seen and plenty of time to correct last night’s mistakes. They were never going 16-0.

The Ravens are a good team and are still the favorite to win the division. However, I would be very surprised to see them sweep the division. IMO, the Steelers and the Ravens are the two best teams in the division and I believe both teams will make the playoffs. They have had an excellent rivalry ever since the Ravens/Browns left Cleveland. I expect 2 excellent games this season between Pittsburgh and Baltimore. and I don't see the Ravens sweeping the series. The Steelers almost beat the Ravens at Heinz field last year without Ben Roethlisberger. Ben is looking good so far this year and Ben has had a better season thus far than Lamar Jackson.

The Cleveland Browns are off to a 2-1 start and will likely make some noise in the division. They seem to me like they will have a reasonable chance of making the playoffs as well. They are certainly capable of beating both the Ravens and the Steelers.

The Ravens are a good team and are still the favorite to win the division. However, I would be very surprised to see them sweep the division. IMO, the Steelers and the Ravens are the two best teams in the division and I believe both teams will make the playoffs. They have had an excellent rivalry ever since the Ravens/Browns left Cleveland. I expect 2 excellent games this season between Pittsburgh and Baltimore. and I don't see the Ravens sweeping the series. The Steelers almost beat the Ravens at Heinz field last year without Ben Roethlisberger. Ben is looking good so far this year and Ben has had a better season thus far than Lamar Jackson.

The Cleveland Browns are off to a 2-1 start and will likely make some noise in the division. They seem to me like they will have a reasonable chance of making the playoffs as well. They are certainly capable of beating both the Ravens and the Steelers.

Agree to disagree. Baltimore already beat the Browns 38-6 and I don't see the outcome being drastically different in December, especially if Baltimore is playing for a bye. The browns two wins are over some of the worst nfl teams playing outside of NY. Not sold on the Steelers, or Ben's resurgence, but hey 3 close wins over the giants, broncos and Texans are better than losses.

Reactions: BBrown
Agree to disagree. Baltimore already beat the Browns 38-6 and I don't see the outcome being drastically different in December, especially if Baltimore is playing for a bye. The browns two wins are over some of the worst nfl teams playing outside of NY. Not sold on the Steelers, or Ben's resurgence, but hey 3 close wins over the giants, broncos and Texans are better than losses.

Agree with a lot of what you said. I'm not sure what to think of Ben yet or The Steelers. Sometimes his passes look like the old Ben other times not so much. He seems to have some issues with the deep ball but I wonder too if thats because of all the new WR's? Decastro coming back made a huge difference on Sunday and Okorafor looked pretty good as well.
I liked what I saw of Anthony McFarland and expect to see more of him, was also impressed with their TE, Ebron.
I think the DL and LB'rs are top notch but not sold on the secondary. Without the fierce pass rush they just aren't that good, yet. They were playing better last year. But they played much better in the second half so maybe its just going to take a few games.
KC is by far the best team in the NFL.

I am guessing that you don't disagree with everything I said. You seem like you agree with me when I said that the Ravens are a good team and are the favorite to win the division.

If you are saying you don't think the Steelers will make the playoffs, then I will have to disagree with you. Their offense is playing an order of magnitude better than they did last year and their defense seems to be holding their own. Last year's team came within an eyelash of making the playoffs and with Ben at the helm; they are a noticeably better team.

I also think it is highly doubtful that the Ravens will sweep the division. The Ravens did not look like the class of the AFC last night. The defense looked suspect and I am not sold on Lamar Jackson being a clutch player.

The Chiefs OTOH looked like a well-oiled machine. They are the team to beat. That being said, I believe it is unlikely that they will go 16-0 during the regular season. The old adage is true that on any given weekend, any team in the NFL can beat any other team in the NFL. The Steelers being 3-0 and the Browns being 2-1 mean that they both have good chances to be over .500 toward the end of the season and in playoff contention

Reactions: 81b&w
I am guessing that you don't disagree with everything I said. You seem like you agree with me when I said that the Ravens are a good team and are the favorite to win the division.

If you are saying you don't think the Steelers will make the playoffs, then I will have to disagree with you. Their offense is playing an order of magnitude better than they did last year and their defense seems to be holding their own. Last year's team came within an eyelash of making the playoffs and with Ben at the helm; they are a noticeably better team.

I also think it is highly doubtful that the Ravens will sweep the division. The Ravens did not look like the class of the AFC last night. The defense looked suspect and I am not sold on Lamar Jackson being a clutch player.

The Chiefs OTOH looked like a well-oiled machine. They are the team to beat. That being said, I believe it is unlikely that they will go 16-0 during the regular season. The old adage is true that on any given weekend, any team in the NFL can beat any other team in the NFL. The Steelers being 3-0 and the Browns being 2-1 mean that they both have good chances to be over .500 toward the end of the season and in playoff contention

I don't agree that the browns are likely to make it, or that they are a good team that is going to make noise.

I agree the Ravens and Steelers are the best in the division but I think the gap between them is sizable. It isn't some sort of 1A/1B situation.

No one in the division is built like kc. comparing the ravens and Steelers performances back to back weeks against the Texans doesn’t make me all that worried... They should have lost that game. Their other two wins are the giants (0-3) and a game that was tighter than it should have been against the Broncos (0-3) and their backup qb.

Last edited:
I don't agree that the browns are likely to make it, or that they are a good team that is going to make noise.

I agree the Ravens and Steelers are the best in the division but I think the gap between them is sizable. It isn't some sort of 1A/1B situation.

No one in the division is built like kc. comparing the ravens and Steelers performances back to back weeks against the Texans doesn’t make me all that worried... They should have lost that game. Their other two wins are the giants (0-3) and a game that was tighter than it should have been against the Broncos (0-3) and their backup qb.

I am not a Browns fan. I didn't say it was likely that they will make the playoffs, but I do think they have a realistic chance.

I don't believe there is a sizeable gap between the Ravens and the Steelers. I believe their games will go down to the wire. It is possible the Ravens might sweep the series, but I think the odds of the Steelers sweeping the series are at least as good.

Reactions: bison13
Agree, I honestly believe he is their best QB. He is a winner.

Hate to stir the pot but Trace was a winner first and foremost because of Joe Moorhead, Saquan Barkley, Chris Godwin, Mike Gesicki, DaeSean Hamilton, Connor McGovern, Ryan Bates and Miles Sanders. Once they were gone, he was very much an average dual threat QB. Sorry.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Hate to stir the pot but Trace was a winner first and foremost because of Joe Moorhead, Saquan Barkley, Chris Godwin, Mike Gesicki, DaeSean Hamilton, Connor McGovern, Ryan Bates and Miles Sanders. Once they were gone, he was very much an average dual threat QB. Sorry.

Come on.

Imagine if we convert that 4th and 5 late in the Ohio State game and win......or if the defense managed to hold on. Trace's performance against OSU would go down as one of the heroic performances in PSU history, and we'd be having a very different conversation.

He would have emerged that night as a Heisman frontrunner, in fact.

He was never the same after that game......you can thank injuries for much of that. But he had a very strong start to the 2018 season without the benefit of Moorhead, Barkley, Godwin, Gesecki, etc.

(All that said......the OP and the JoeBot409 hot takes are among the dumbest things I've read here, and that's quite a statement)

Reactions: BBrown and LionJim
I don't believe there is a sizeable gap between the Ravens and the Steelers. I believe their games will go down to the wire. It is possible the Ravens might sweep the series, but I think the odds of the Steelers sweeping the series are at least as good.

Based on what besides homerism? one mediocre showing against the team you proclaimed is the best in the nfl?

Baltimore thrashed the same Texans team the Steelers needed to come from behind just to squeak by at home and blew out a browns team you think could make some noise. They barely made it past a bad broncos team with a backup qb and also beat maybe the worst team in the nfl by ten.

The Ravens are one nicked knee from being a mediocre team. Better hope Jackson stays 100%...as great as he is, he’s feared first/foremost for his legs. If you slow him down by even a nanosecond, he can’t/won’t survive on his pocket passing skills alone.

Come on.

Imagine if we convert that 4th and 5 late in the Ohio State game and win......or if the defense managed to hold on. Trace's performance against OSU would go down as one of the heroic performances in PSU history, and we'd be having a very different conversation.

He would have emerged that night as a Heisman frontrunner, in fact.

He was never the same after that game......you can thank injuries for much of that. But he had a very strong start to the 2018 season without the benefit of Moorhead, Barkley, Godwin, Gesecki, etc.

(All that said......the OP and the JoeBot409 hot takes are among the dumbest things I've read here, and that's quite a statement)

Just keeping Traces memory alive, sorry to post such a ridiculous thought that the 3rd string NFL QB, from Penn State might have just won the game. Totally ridiculous thought .... FU

The Ravens are one nicked knee from being a mediocre team. Better hope Jackson stays 100%...as great as he is, he’s feared first/foremost for his legs. If you slow him down by even a nanosecond, he can’t/won’t survive on his pocket passing skills alone.

No one’s said that before....

Lamar is fine as a passer and will continue to get better. He had a perfect qbr against the browns week 1. His stats last season are better than Ben’s 2nd season in basically every category. %, completions, interceptions, yards, tds; both on the season and a per game basis to adjust for the games Ben missed.

Reactions: garw and LionJim
No one’s said that before....

Lamar is fine as a passer and will continue to get better. He had a perfect qbr against the browns week 1. His stats last season are better than Ben’s 2nd season in basically every category. %, completions, interceptions, yards, tds; both on the season and a per game basis to adjust for the games Ben missed.
Again, not saying he’s not great, nor was I comparing him to BR. My theory is that when teams no longer fear his ability to run, his passing numbers will plummet. Many (not all) of his best completions come after he’s drawn a defender out of position with his legs leaving a wide open receiver. He doesn’t have (and at this point won’t ever have) a pin-point accuracy. He won’t thread the needle on medium or long balls. It’s just not who he is. We’ve seen this movie before - one dinged knee slows him down even a tiny bit or keeps him from making one of his sick cuts, and he becomes one dimensional, with the remaining dimension not being his strength.

Again, not saying he’s not great, nor was I comparing him to BR. My theory is that when teams no longer fear his ability to run, his passing numbers will plummet. Many (not all) of his best completions come after he’s drawn a defender out of position with his legs leaving a wide open receiver. He doesn’t have (and at this point won’t ever have) a pin-point accuracy. He won’t thread the needle on medium or long balls. It’s just not who he is. We’ve seen this movie before - one dinged knee slows him down even a tiny bit or keeps him from making one of his sick cuts, and he becomes one dimensional, with the remaining dimension not being his strength.

You don't watch him play much if you think he's incapable of threading the needle on medium and long balls. He needs to do it more consistently but it's not something he's incapable of doing.

As far as not improving... not buying it. He's 23. He's younger than Joe Burrow and only a few months older than Kyler Murray.

Just keeping Traces memory alive, sorry to post such a ridiculous thought that the 3rd string NFL QB, from Penn State might have just won the game. Totally ridiculous thought .... FU

My apologies if you took offense. I wasn't intending to call YOU dumb (though I don't believe for a second that Trace would have "won" that game in any way, shape, or form)......it was more a response to Joebot's insistence that Trace is a better QB than Lamar Jackson -- which is something he has posted in multiple treads.

Reactions: 81b&w
ADVERTISEMENT