ADVERTISEMENT

Trace continues to get no respect.

He didn’t play Heisman worthy, that’s for sure. How many of his passing yards were because of the receivers? He had a decent second half and was awful in the first half. Switch the games and results and the Heisman hype would still be on Haskins even in a loss because of his eye popping numbers.

Yes I understand many of his yards came after the catch. His interception was also a pretty big gain that hit his tight end perfectly in the hands. I also seem to remember 94 yards of Trace's passing game coming after Hamler took a 4 yard slant an extra 90 yards to the house. Haskins played shook in a hostile environment against an aggressive defense for the first half and then lead his team to a comeback win. The win is the most important thing by far and it's a bonus he ended up with good numbers statistically. He already has 2 signature wins and will likely have a good chance to play an undefeated regular season. His numbers are going to end up obscenely powerful for a top ranked team, that is the literal recipe for a heisman and I think you know that. I love Trace more than any Penn State player ever. I'd take him as my QB almost any year but he is correctly behind the heisman group as of right now. We will see if things change.

I love Saquon but in reality he had 1 heisman moment last year and it was early on in the season vs Iowa. Maybe another one vs Michigan I guess. He only had 1200 yards rushing and was held under 100 yards in 5 of the last 6 games prior to the bowl game. that;s not even close to good enough.

78sweetrevenge

Reactions: cavic
Haskins play was "for shit" in the game at Beaver Stadium.
He did nothing to help his team win that game (nothing that a "Paul Cianciolo" couldn't have done).

You talk like a guy who never watched a game - - - - or who listens to talking-head geniuses like Stanley Jackson and Rick Pizzo :)

I like Haskins.... I think he has a bright future.
But right now, he isn't one of the 20 best QBs in the country... which still means he's a nice QB, and which doesn't mean he won't win a lot more games.

Haha this was really a great laugh. Yeah he did nothing to win the game you're right he absolutely didn't lead a 96 yard drive out of your student section to win the game. Your heisman Trace played great this is true. He played just good enough to finish 1-3 vs Ohio State in his career.

Haha this was really a great laugh. Yeah he did nothing to win the game you're right he absolutely didn't lead a 96 yard drive out of your student section to win the game. Your heisman Trace played great this is true. He played just good enough to finish 1-3 vs Ohio State in his career.
Hello 78sweetrevenge.

Reactions: cavic
Barkley didn't even make the Heisman finals -- that tells you all you need to know. The Heisman is irrelevant. Some years by dumb luck it will go to the best player in college football but 90 percent of the time it does not.

I agree. The Heisman Trophy is awarded yearly to the player on the best team, which plays the lowest competition in order to pad their stats with video game numbers.

Case in point #1 : Tua (Alabama plays noone)
Case in point #2 : Haskins (he looked terrible vs PSU, every cupcake he lights up)

If you actually think that 22/39 for 270 yards, 3 TD, 1 Int in a road win vs a top 10 team is playing poorly then there's really not much else to say. Trace had a better game that day and lost. Haskins won and has much better stats for the season.

Haskins wasn’t impressive. And none of his completions traveled 10 yards past the line of scrimmage in the air (maybe one went 11?). It was dilferesque.

I agree. The Heisman Trophy is awarded yearly to the player on the best team, which plays the lowest competition in order to pad their stats with video game numbers.

Case in point #1 : Tua (Alabama plays noone)
Case in point #2 : Haskins (he looked terrible vs PSU, every cupcake he lights up)

We've played better teams than Penn State has, and we beat you guys on your own field. You're talking trash about Alabama and Ohio State literally the 2 best programs in the nation. Your best year in decades we still made the playoffs over you. I'm sorry that your 2 generational players were 1-3 vs us but don't lie to yourself about Dwayne Haskins running away with B1G player of the year and earning a seat at the Heisman ceremony.

Reactions: sdwcpa
We've played better teams than Penn State has, and we beat you guys on your own field. You're talking trash about Alabama and Ohio State literally the 2 best programs in the nation. Your best year in decades we still made the playoffs over you. I'm sorry that your 2 generational players were 1-3 vs us but don't lie to yourself about Dwayne Haskins running away with B1G player of the year and earning a seat at the Heisman ceremony.

You can win with Trent Dilfer, its fine. You're kidding yourself about Haskins at this point in his career though.

Let me know when Mr. Screen Pass completes a pass over ten yards against a top ten team. Meanwhile, all those five TD games against nobodies are super impressive.

So to win the award for best individual player in college football you’re better off to play poorly and win than play outstanding and lose. Yeah, that makes sense.
I’m with you. But if PSU had won, Trace would have been on that list. Sucks he’s not.

Trace gets lots of respect:
— From the people he plays for
— From the people he plays with
— From the people he plays against
Anybody not in those groups (including all of us) doesn’t really matter.

Why does anyone care about individual awards in a team sport? Heck, most Heisman voters decide whom they want to vote for, then determine the formula that allows them to reach their predetermined conclusion. It’s a 70-some pound dust collector handed out to a pretty good football player in order to generate advertising dollars from a pretty poor television show.

Yes I understand many of his yards came after the catch. His interception was also a pretty big gain that hit his tight end perfectly in the hands. I also seem to remember 94 yards of Trace's passing game coming after Hamler took a 4 yard slant an extra 90 yards to the house. Haskins played shook in a hostile environment against an aggressive defense for the first half and then lead his team to a comeback win. The win is the most important thing by far and it's a bonus he ended up with good numbers statistically. He already has 2 signature wins and will likely have a good chance to play an undefeated regular season. His numbers are going to end up obscenely powerful for a top ranked team, that is the literal recipe for a heisman and I think you know that. I love Trace more than any Penn State player ever. I'd take him as my QB almost any year but he is correctly behind the heisman group as of right now. We will see if things change.
2 signature wins? PSU and who else? Please don’t say TCU.

I’m with you. But if PSU had won, Trace would have been on that list. Sucks he’s not.
Not with Haskins’ numbers from the game. If he had those numbers and won he wouldn’t be in the top 4 because his numbers wouldn’t be good enough.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
Not with Haskins’ numbers from the game. If he had those numbers and won he wouldn’t be in the top 4 because his numbers wouldn’t be good enough.
Right. I wasn’t saying top 4

WE WE WE WE.....

What number do you wear, on the field at Ohio Stadium, on Saturday afternoons?

Or...

Are you just one of those pathetic douchebag FanBoyz who dresses up in a cute little jersey with your name on the back of it..... kicks back in your Lazee Boy ..... with a Natty Light ..... and spooges all over yourself as “you” win football games?

I’m kinda’ guessing it’s the latter. :)

No when you're an alumnus of the University you get used to saying we, I'm pretty sure that's accepted for every fan base including yours. Or you can be one of those douche bags that get hung up on semantics when you know you don't have an argument anymore.

Hey btw, how did Trace play on Saturday? I must have missed his performance. Haskins threw for over 400 yards again but as you know it was on 30 screen pass completions and our WR did all the real work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT