ADVERTISEMENT

Trace continues to get no respect.

I wouldn’t worry about it, Trace is an incredibly focused and pursuit of excellence kind of guy. I’m sure that stupid slights such as this just motivates him further. That’s of course if he gives a damn about dumb reporting like this.

It’s best stats or best player on best team. I don’t think Trace will have the stats but if we SIL out and he carries us like the tOSU game he will have a shot. It’s not that he gets no respect, just not from this guy. Others have mentioned Trace for Heisman.

They should have just given it to Tua at the start of the season. What a joke.

Barkley didn't even make the Heisman finals -- that tells you all you need to know. The Heisman is irrelevant. Some years by dumb luck it will go to the best player in college football but 90 percent of the time it does not.
THIS

Yea when did it go from being the best player in college to having the best stats?
Barkley should have won it last year.

1. ESPN's crew claimed that stats mattered in 1994 since Ki-Jana Carter didn't get 2,000 yards ... Salaam of Colorado did.

2. ESPN's crew claimed that stats didn't matter in 2002 since LJ did get 2,000 ... then it became how many yards LJ got against certain opponents.

3. Remember when Ricky Williams ran for only 43 yards in 25 carries vs Kansas State in 1998? The Heisman voters didn't either and Ricky took the award. Similar thinking didn't apply to LJ in 2002.

He doesn't have the stats

Despite the stats, his performance v. OSU would have changed how he's perceived if PSU had won. EDIT: Not that it would have put him towards the top of the list. The winner has the stats.

Trace and PSU need some marquee wins. If we beat Michigan and Wisconsin and he puts up big numbers he will be in it. Let’s not forget PSUs best win to date is App State

Reactions: captainshakes
Trace and PSU need some marquee wins. If we beat Michigan and Wisconsin and he puts up big numbers he will be in it. Let’s not forget PSUs best win to date is App State
According the talking heads he has to have that "Heisman moment" also. You know, because Saquon didn't have 15 of those last year.

Reactions: Option Bob
His coach thought it would be a better option to have him hand off to Miles when it mattered most speaks volumes, considering Miles dit nothing all game except fumble when OSU had no mojo for the entier first half up to that point.

1. ESPN's crew claimed that stats mattered in 1994 since Ki-Jana Carter didn't get 2,000 yards ... Salaam of Colorado did.

2. ESPN's crew claimed that stats didn't matter in 2002 since LJ did get 2,000 ... then it became how many yards LJ got against certain opponents.

3. Remember when Ricky Williams ran for only 43 yards in 25 carries vs Kansas State in 1998? The Heisman voters didn't either and Ricky took the award. Similar thinking didn't apply to LJ in 2002.
Don’t forget that in 2002 LJ didn’t deserve it because of 3 losses. But in 2011 RGIII won it with 3 losses. They use whatever stat gets them the winner they want and eliminate whatever person they don’t want.

Despite the stats, his performance v. OSU would have changed how he's perceived if PSU had won. EDIT: Not that it would have put him towards the top of the list. The winner has the stats.
So to win the award for best individual player in college football you’re better off to play poorly and win than play outstanding and lose. Yeah, that makes sense.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
According the talking heads he has to have that "Heisman moment" also. You know, because Saquon didn't have 15 of those last year.

I love Saquon but in reality he had 1 heisman moment last year and it was early on in the season vs Iowa. Maybe another one vs Michigan I guess. He only had 1200 yards rushing and was held under 100 yards in 5 of the last 6 games prior to the bowl game. that;s not even close to good enough.

Reactions: Erial_Lion
His coach thought it would be a better option to have him hand off to Miles when it mattered most speaks volumes, considering Miles dit nothing all game except fumble when OSU had no mojo for the entier first half up to that point.
I’m quite certain the coaches didn’t give the ball to Miles because they didn’t have faith in Trace.

So to win the award for best individual player in college football you’re better off to play poorly and win than play outstanding and lose. Yeah, that makes sense.

That's not at all what he said, if he played as well as he did and won the game he'd be in the conversation. As he is right now he doesn't deserve to be in the top group with 0 signature wins and a 50% completion percentage. He's a great QB and a true leader but not heisman material I am truly sorry if that offends you.

I love Saquon but in reality he had 1 heisman moment last year and it was early on in the season vs Iowa. Maybe another one vs Michigan I guess. He only had 1200 yards rushing and was held under 100 yards in 5 of the last 6 games prior to the bowl game. that;s not even close to good enough.
I guess it depends on how you define Heisman moment.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
That's not at all what he said, if he played as well as he did and won the game he'd be in the conversation. As he is right now he doesn't deserve to be in the top group with 0 signature wins and a 50% completion percentage. He's a great QB and a true leader but not heisman material I am truly sorry if that offends you.
But Haskins helped his Heisman cause by playing poorly and winning...hence my post. Sorry if that confuses you.

Most people don’t feel Haskins played poorly. His stats were solid and he threw two TDS in the 4th quarter to lead his team to a win.

I love Trace but agree with captain on the heisman

Reactions: captainshakes
Saquon should have struck the Heisman pose in the endzone after returning the opening kickoff against OSU.

It wouldn't have been remembered too fondly considering he rushed 21 times for 40 yards and lost the game finishing his career 1-2 vs Ohio State.

But Haskins helped his Heisman cause by playing poorly and winning...hence my post. Sorry if that confuses you.

If you actually think that 22/39 for 270 yards, 3 TD, 1 Int in a road win vs a top 10 team is playing poorly then there's really not much else to say. Trace had a better game that day and lost. Haskins won and has much better stats for the season.

It wouldn't have been remembered too fondly considering he rushed 21 times for 40 yards and lost the game finishing his career 1-2 vs Ohio State.
Well, he lost because he didn’t tackle too well, didn’t complete enough of his passes, didn’t make his field goals, and didn’t block well enough for himself. Those 1 against 11 games are a bitch.

Well, he lost because he didn’t tackle too well, didn’t complete enough of his passes, didn’t make his field goals, and didn’t block well enough for himself. Those 1 against 11 games are a bitch.

Sure he doesn't play defense and he doesn't block for himself, but 21 carries for 40 yards is what it is.

If you actually think that 22/39 for 270 yards, 3 TD, 1 Int in a road win vs a top 10 team is playing poorly then there's really not much else to say. Trace had a better game that day and lost. Haskins won and has much better stats for the season.
He didn’t play Heisman worthy, that’s for sure. How many of his passing yards were because of the receivers? He had a decent second half and was awful in the first half. Switch the games and results and the Heisman hype would still be on Haskins even in a loss because of his eye popping numbers.

ADVERTISEMENT