ADVERTISEMENT

Tosu's barrett loses scholarship for 2016 summer session.

O$U is such a farsical joke that I encourage / dare a Bucknut to attempt to logically and factually defend this transparently artificial "self - enforcement".

I heard a second offense and he gets a wet willie:

670px-Annoy-Your-Siblings-Step-44Bullet2.jpg

Reactions: bjf1984
Nice try but JoePa was misquoted in that story. Had you bothered to research you would have found that the writer hated Joe and had a history of misquoting him.
No he wasnt. He made the comment. I don't get the need for people to lie and try to wash away his imperfections. Joe made a lot of stupid comments to the media later in the career. The daily collegiann had the same article. Are you going to try and claim they have a bias also? In fact Paterno did later apologize for his comments. Of course it never happened in your eyes because Joe was some Saint.

http://m.collegian.psu.edu/archives/article_21ee8b8c-bff8-5fcb-b61e-1add12cd74ea.html?mode=jqm
http://archives.timesleader.com/2003/2003_16/2003_10_24_PATERNO_APOLOGIZES_FOR_DUI_COMMENTS.html

No he wasnt. He made the comment. I don't get the need for people to lie and try to wash away his imperfections. Joe made a lot of stupid comments to the media later in the career. The daily collegiann had the same article. Are you going to try and claim they have a bias also? In fact Paterno did later apologize for his comments. Of course it never happened in your eyes because Joe was some Saint.

http://m.collegian.psu.edu/archives/article_21ee8b8c-bff8-5fcb-b61e-1add12cd74ea.html?mode=jqm
http://archives.timesleader.com/2003/2003_16/2003_10_24_PATERNO_APOLOGIZES_FOR_DUI_COMMENTS.html

Wipe yourself already.

Some on this site love that holier than thou card. Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy by that loud vocal minority.

Some on this site love that holier than thou card. Thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy by that loud vocal minority.

Yep. Coach Paterno has been dead for years, but he was at Penn State for more than 60 years. Surely someone could find something in that history he said that would help absolve the living Urban Meyer. See, we were bad too! "Who we"?

Yep. Coach Paterno has been dead for years, but he was at Penn State for more than 60 years. Surely someone could find something in that history he said that would help absolve the living Urban Meyer. See, we were bad too! "Who we"?

Or you could ignore it and be thankful our players have been "quiet" off the field lately. Nah, just point out everyone else's flaws because it's the right way to act. Classy like Joe, not some of our fans.

And some just love to play the contrarian in hopes they won't be included with the other Penn State rabble who believe Paterno was different from the average coach.

And some just love to play the contrarian in hopes they won't be included with the other Penn State rabble who believe Paterno was different from the average coach.

Joe was different in so many ways and I always respected that. How does that makes it ok to act like grade school kids when someone screws up elsewhere? It's as if people are so insecure they need to point out everyone else's flaws. 20 year old kids drink and drive. Nobody likes it and I'll bet many here did it. Nobody condones it and he is suspended for a game. Maybe it would be harsher elsewhere, but I don't care.

I hated when ESPN tossed Joe under the bus for his kids screwing up, so I'm not going to take down Barret or OSU here. Hopefully he learns from this and realizes how big a spotlight is on him due to where OSU is currently.

Reactions: kybuckeye2
Joe was different in so many ways and I always respected that. How does that makes it ok to act like grade school kids when someone screws up elsewhere? It's as if people are so insecure they need to point out everyone else's flaws. 20 year old kids drink and drive. Nobody likes it and I'll bet many here did it. Nobody condones it and he is suspended for a game. Maybe it would be harsher elsewhere, but I don't care.

I hated when ESPN tossed Joe under the bus for his kids screwing up, so I'm not going to take down Barret or OSU here. Hopefully he learns from this and realizes how big a spotlight is on him due to where OSU is currently.

I'm not saying anyone should try to take down Barrett or OSU. I'm talking about certain PSU fans who regularly jump into threads and with seemingly great glee point out our warts when talking about someone else. It always has struck me as odd to see supposed PSU fans go to such an effort to point out PSU's failings or to try to convince other PSU fans that PSU is not what they think it is, either on the field or off.

I'm not saying anyone should try to take down Barrett or OSU. I'm talking about certain PSU fans who regularly jump into threads and with seemingly great glee point out our warts when talking about someone else. It always has struck me as odd to see supposed PSU fans go to such an effort to point out PSU's failings or to try to convince other PSU fans that PSU is not what they think it is, either on the field or off.

What is odd to me are those pointing out everyone else's warts when we all have some. I guess success with honor is only for the players and coaches?

What is odd to me are those pointing out everyone else's warts when we all have some. I guess success with honor is only for the players and coaches?

So because Joe Paterno made a comment about Tony Johnson's DUI back in 2003, PSU fans everywhere are forever banned from commenting on any other coach's handling of an in-season DUI? That has nothing to do with success with honor. That's just trying to show that you're better than everyone else.

So the fact we all have warts makes any criticism invalid?
The ire here is directed less at the kid than at OSU's transparent attempt to minimize the impact on their FB program at the expense of the kid's education and finances.
It is a consistent pattern at OSU. I defy anyone to compare the ethics of OSU's coaching staffs of Hayes, Cooper, Tressel, and Meyer with Engel, Paterno and their successors. (Granted, the comparison of admins is not flattering to PSU.)
I would point out that most of this board has been extremely critical of PSU when warranted by facts.

Last edited:
Actually I don't care. College kids making mistakes has zero impact on my life. If this was IU, nobody says a peep.

Glad you don't care. Can't wait to see what other topics you weigh in on that you don't care about.

Actually I don't care. College kids making mistakes has zero impact on my life. If this was IU, nobody says a peep.
OK, it's not of any importance at all. So why even respond? For that matter, how does a FB game affect your life?
If it was IU football, it would probably be handled better. OSU has a history of putting FB ahead of everything else.

OK, it's not of any importance at all. So why even respond? For that matter, how does a FB game affect your life?
If it was IU football, it would probably be handled better. OSU has a history of putting FB ahead of everything else.

LOL. Stick to calling out BODE. At least you can spin him up.

You guys are showing me!!!! Hell I think Meyer is making it 2 games now. Great job, high five!!!:rolleyes:
Good. If so, glad he was shamed into it. I don't doubt for a minute he would have preferred no one knew about it. See, the complaining did some good.

ADVERTISEMENT