ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU wrestle offs this Thursday Live on Flo

GogglesPaizano

Feb 6, 2018
For those so inclined Flo will be broadcasting the wrestleoffs live https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6254794-agony-in-ames-match-order-set.

I would love to see ours but I agree with Cael's closed door approach. I am a bit surprised they do wrestle offs only 1 week after 'official' practices begin.

A few are pretty interesting matches I would like to see (with 141 and 185 being interesting guages of where some of their top recruits are in terms of development)

125, 141 Quinner vs McKenna, 149 Hayes vs Jordan, 184 MiMar vs Hoffman

Here they are:

125 - Malik Heinselman, Brady Koontz, Dylan Koontz, Hunter Lucas and Brakan Mead

133 - Luke Pletcher, JD Stickley, Jaimen Hood, Alex Felix

141 - Joey McKenna, Quinn Kinner, Brendan Fitzgerald, Clay Ragon

149 - Ke-Shawn Hayes, Micah Jordan

157 - Elijah Cleary, Micah Marshall, Aaron Rehfeldt

165 - Kaleb Romero, Fritz Shierl

174 - Te’Shan Campbell, Ethan Smith, Ryan Ferro

184 - Myles Martin, Gavin Hoffman, Zach Steiner

197 - Kollin Moore, Kevin Snyder

285 - Chase Singletary, Gary Traub

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
149 - Ke-Shawn Hayes, Micah Jordan:

Does the loser bump to 157, allowed to eat cheeseburgers this season but have to be dismembered by Jason Nolf ?

Does anyone know if Micah is still suffering from his Nolf PTSD ?

I think just taking a forfeit at 157 is less embarrassing. Nolf will be on a mission this year, a 90%+ bonus machine is a given, and he might just run the table all year.

Reactions: diggerpup
For those so inclined Flo will be broadcasting the wrestleoffs live https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/6254794-agony-in-ames-match-order-set.

I would love to see ours but I agree with Cael's closed door approach. I am a bit surprised they do wrestle offs only 1 week after 'official' practices begin.

A few are pretty interesting matches I would like to see (with 141 and 185 being interesting guages of where some of their top recruits are in terms of development)

125, 141 Quinner vs McKenna, 149 Hayes vs Jordan, 184 MiMar vs Hoffman

Here they are:

125 - Malik Heinselman, Brady Koontz, Dylan Koontz, Hunter Lucas and Brakan Mead

133 - Luke Pletcher, JD Stickley, Jaimen Hood, Alex Felix

141 - Joey McKenna, Quinn Kinner, Brendan Fitzgerald, Clay Ragon

149 - Ke-Shawn Hayes, Micah Jordan

157 - Elijah Cleary, Micah Marshall, Aaron Rehfeldt

165 - Kaleb Romero, Fritz Shierl

174 - Te’Shan Campbell, Ethan Smith, Ryan Ferro

184 - Myles Martin, Gavin Hoffman, Zach Steiner

197 - Kollin Moore, Kevin Snyder

285 - Chase Singletary, Gary Traub

Who is Quinner?

Besides the obvious Micah/Hayes match (I’ll take Micah). The other one I’m interested in is Campbell/Smith. Was never real high on Campbell and have heard good things about Smith

Reactions: fronk71

I didn't realize any major school does public wrestle-offs. Hard to imagine the results are determinative if they don't go as TaTo intends -- i.e., highly doubt MyMar sits if Hoffman or Steiner pull off a fluke upset.

Does anyone know if Micah is still suffering from his Nolf PTSD ?

NTSD (Nolf Traumatic Stress Disorder) definitely needs to be added to the wrestling lexicon, if not the medical literature itself. ;) I think that ailment can hit a guy long before an actual Nolf encounter.

Besides the obvious Micah/Hayes match (I’ll take Micah). The other one I’m interested in is Campbell/Smith. Was never real high on Campbell and have heard good things about Smith
It's hilarious that last year Micah and Hayes wrestled off for the luxury of getting to go 157 and avoiding Zain. This year it's the complete opposite and the winner gets to starve for 5 months in order to avoid Nolf.

Hoffman vs Martin interests me, just to get a feel of how Hoffman adjusts to the next level.

It's hilarious that last year Micah and Hayes wrestled off for the luxury of getting to go 157 and avoiding Zain. This year it's the complete opposite and the winner gets to starve for 5 months in order to avoid Nolf.
You mean McKenna and Hayes, and I believe only one is trying to avoid Nolf the other is just trying to compete at his weight class

Reactions: fronk71

Micha wasn’t starving himself. Word is he made weight at NCAAs last year by 5 lbs. he is a more natural 149.

I didn't realize any major school does public wrestle-offs. Hard to imagine the results are determinative if they don't go as TaTo intends -- i.e., highly doubt MyMar sits if Hoffman or Steiner pull off a fluke upset.

NTSD (Nolf Traumatic Stress Disorder) definitely needs to be added to the wrestling lexicon, if not the medical literature itself. ;) I think that ailment can hit a guy long before an actual Nolf encounter.

Don't forget FISCS...…...Forfeit Into Second Round Consolations Syndrome. It seems to be mostly affecting Fathers with no belief in their child's abilities...….resulting in them quitting the following Year. Kind of a terrible affliction IMO..

Don't forget FISCS...…...Forfeit Into Second Round Consolations Syndrome. It seems to be mostly affecting Fathers with no belief in their child's abilities...….resulting in them quitting the following Year. Kind of a terrible affliction IMO..
That sums up Tom Ryan perfectly and why I would never let my kid wrestle for him. The goal is to win, you can't win if you forfeit in the first round of the tournament. Must have been an awesome conversation, "son you are not good enough".

That sums up Tom Ryan perfectly and why I would never let my kid wrestle for him. The goal is to win, you can't win if you forfeit in the first round of the tournament. Must have been an awesome conversation, "son you are not good enough".
I would think it would more likely be "it's all about me and you embarrassed me"

I don't think Ryan was embarrassed. I think watching his son take a beating to the point he was staggering around BJC like a stoned and drunken freshman after finals scared the shyt out of him.

Reactions: NYWRESTLER94
Wrestle-offs, in my opinion, are more of a marketing event, used to get the fan base excited. Maybe the result gets a guy a start at the beginning of the season, who knows. It certainly isn't the only tool at the coach's disposal to determine starters as the season progresses.

Last edited:
Crop, you trying to be like Jammie with the avatar change?
For the record, jammen is stealing my M.O. with the semi-problematic avatar. It all started when I pissed off the crowd on The G with Bieber's mugshot for a year. It was a great avatar, though.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Wonder if this means McKenna got injured. Hope not. Could be related to Kinner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT