ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU/Strauss thread gone here, too?

No. Being centrist doesn't pay the Bill's
There's still good, neutral REPORTING out there. My favorites who accomplish this is NPR (the best), Michael Smerconish (weekends on CNN), Wolf Blitzer (CNN), Andrea Mitchell (MSNBC), Chris Wallace (Sexual Harassment News), and perhaps the best of all, Shepard Smith (Sexual Harassment News). I would also add Neil Cavuto as a fairly respectable, neutral reporter (Sexual Harassment News).

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUer1989
There's still good, neutral REPORTING out there. My favorites who accomplish this is NPR (the best), Michael Smerconish (weekends on CNN), Wolf Blitzer (CNN), Andrea Mitchell (MSNBC), Chris Wallace (Sexual Harassment News), and perhaps the best of all, Shepard Smith (Sexual Harassment News). I would also add Neil Cavuto as a fairly respectable, neutral reporter (Sexual Harassment News).
Are you serious or just being silly? You can actually become dumber listening to some of those people.

Are you serious or just being silly? You can actually become dumber listening to some of those people.
Yeah, I'm dead serious; they REPORT the news neutrally and professionally. All of them are my go-to sources for news and I wouldn't call myself terribly misinformed.

If I'm dumber as a result of listening to all of them, so be it, I guess, but I do know that I don't fall for falsehoods and consider myself reasonably informed as a result of all of their reporting. As but three good examples, I didn't fall for Pizzagate, and President Obama being a Muslim or not an American citizen. If that makes me dumb, then feel free to call me dumb.

So, whom do you find to be good, neutral reporters?

Last edited:
Reactions: PSUer1989
Yeah, I'm dead serious; they REPORT the news neutrally and professionally. All of them are my go-to sources for news and I wouldn't call myself terribly misinformed.

If I'm dumber as a result of listening to all of them, so be it, I guess, but I do know that I don't fall for falsehoods and consider myself reasonably informed as a result of all of their reporting. As but three good examples, I didn't fall for Pizzagate, and President Obama being a Muslim or not an American citizen. If that makes me dumb, then feel free to call me dumb.

Take it to the political board. No wonder you get banned from wrestling boards.

Really, that’s about as dumb a group of people as I’ve ever seen.

Really, that’s about as dumb a group of people as I’ve ever seen.
NPR? Chris Wallace? Either way, their intellect is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about reporters who present the news neutrally.

So, who's a smart reporter to you?

Last edited:
NPR? Chris Wallace? Either way, their intellect is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about reporters who present the news neutrally.

So, who's a smart reporter to you?
Shane Sparks and Quint Kessenich, I will let you figure out why.;)

I actually enjoy sipping tea in a yert in a 3rd world nation while reading the reporting of Foley!;)

Reactions: Dogwelder

This is the last of my replying to this topic, because I don't care to get into politics. My sources are financial websites. They all have a take on how things affect the economy. They all hate wars. They all do business in other countries and do not criticize countries, but rather policies of those in power in those countries. They are both critical of every politician and complimentary if it is deserved. They see things as having an effect and what those effects will most likely be. News reporters have no real expertise and at the end of the day they read what is in front of them.
I am not saying all the websites agree with each other, but they give their info and it is up to me to decide what makes sense.

As a side note to you giving examples of your intelligence and ability to not fall for falsehoods - You said 3 examples. Is Obama being a Muslin one example and him not being an American (Born - is the key word here) citizen another example? Otherwise I only saw 2 examples, with Pizzagate being the other.

Reactions: Nitt Fan
This is the last of my replying to this topic, because I don't care to get into politics. My sources are financial websites. They all have a take on how things affect the economy. They all hate wars. They all do business in other countries and do not criticize countries, but rather policies of those in power in those countries. They are both critical of every politician and complimentary if it is deserved. They see things as having an effect and what those effects will most likely be. News reporters have no real expertise and at the end of the day they read what is in front of them.
I am not saying all the websites agree with each other, but they give their info and it is up to me to decide what makes sense.

As a side note to you giving examples of your intelligence and ability to not fall for falsehoods - You said 3 examples. Is Obama being a Muslin one example and him not being an American (Born - is the key word here) citizen another example? Otherwise I only saw 2 examples, with Pizzagate being the other.
I still fail to see how talking about neutral news reporters is political. That's news to this uninformed idiot.

Yes, I provided three examples. Pizzagate, Obama not being an American citizen, and Obama being a Muslim. Counts as three to this uninformed idiot. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT