ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU/Strauss thread gone here, too?

Any journalist quoting DiSabato right now should have their press card revoked.

I got this one confirmed to me by sources within wrestling.
DISCLAIMER: It's the content that's important here, not the political ideology behind the name or the site itself. THIS did indeed happen.

https://www.conservativereview.com/...husbands-killer-over-a-business-disagreement/

Yahtzee.
Justice for the victims, but Disabato can piss up a rope for the harm he's caused that has nothing to do with this case.

Reactions: jtothemfp
You can’t pretend to own the moral high ground and selectively ignore accusations from groups that you had influence on. The “7” wrestlers will be heard. The responses from Jordan won’t satisfy inquiring minds. It’s a 24/7 world. #uncomfortableinthefishbowljj

I went to USA wrestling to read the thread and it was gone, and now I come here and it's gone too?

There's just too much politics intertwined here. The thread should be moved to the test board. (Part of my job is politics and I hate seeing it on a wrestling board. This should be a safe space for wrestling fans.)

Reactions: ecdcr and dbldoofus
I am still trying to grasp how Person A can profess to know what Person B knows about interactions between Person B and Person C, D, E, F, G, H, I and J.... etc. if more come to light. It is not possible for that to be factual.

Thank you. You or I could make the same statement and have it be equally worthless. Logic, people, logic. How does nonsense like this get published.

Thank you. You or I could make the same statement and have it be equally worthless. Logic, people, logic. How does nonsense like this get published.
Tikk explained the real parameters of the problem on page 1 of this thread, and in the next 3 pages we’ve mostly been quoting nonsense or pointing out nonsense, including in this [my] post.

Last edited:
Tikk explained the real parameters of the problem on page 1 of this thread, and in the next 3 pages we’ve mostly been quoting nonsense or pointing out nonsense, including in this post.

If it wasn't clear, I was referring to the same Paul Bedard tweet that Sportsfan2017 was referencing in his comment. Sportsfan2017 was spot on with what he said.

the article had me ....Right. Up. To. Here

"the obvious explanation, of course, is that Jordan is covering up his own hidden homosexuality or, far worse, that he may have participated in the abuse himself. There’s no evidence of either –"

That line begins, "For the Twitterverse" and is a reference to the theories being advanced on social media.

the article had me ....Right. Up. To. Here

"the obvious explanation, of course, is that Jordan is covering up his own hidden homosexuality or, far worse, that he may have participated in the abuse himself. There’s no evidence of either –"
The last time Rolling Stone wrote about college sexual abuse ... they need to dig upward to see sunlight.

For clarification purposes, is this the same Rolling Stone magazine that published "A Rape on Campus" by Sabrina Rubin Erdely?

For those that don't know, the article that Rolling Stones published:
  • Accused six members of a UVA frat of raping a girl, including with a soda bottle, and forcing the girl to perform oral sex on them.
  • Accused UVA of having a "rape culture".
  • Caused the shutdown of all UVA frats for a period of time.
  • Was so defamatory towards a dean that the dean ended up suing Rolling Stone for $10 million, which was one of three lawsuits that RS ended up settling due to their journalistic failures. Settlements were $3MM, $1.65MM and undisclosed.
  • Probably caused victims of actual rape to question whether they should even report it for fear they wouldn't be believed.
And, oh, yeah, the story was based on lies. The writer was so caught up in trying to nail UVA and the rapists that she overlooked inconsistencies in the girls' stories and failed to perform due diligence with follow-up interviews. Rolling Stone followed suit.

Sorry, RS might be good for something, but journalistic integrity ain't one of those things. I'm shocked they're still publishing.

Reactions: Hotshoe and ecdcr
For clarification purposes, is this the same Rolling Stone magazine that published "A Rape on Campus" by Sabrina Rubin Erdely?

For those that don't know, the article that Rolling Stones published:
  • Accused six members of a UVA frat of raping a girl, including with a soda bottle, and forcing the girl to perform oral sex on them.
  • Accused UVA of having a "rape culture".
  • Caused the shutdown of all UVA frats for a period of time.
  • Was so defamatory towards a dean that the dean ended up suing Rolling Stone for $10 million, which was one of three lawsuits that RS ended up settling due to their journalistic failures. Settlements were $3MM, $1.65MM and undisclosed.
  • Probably caused victims of actual rape to question whether they should even report it for fear they wouldn't be believed.
And, oh, yeah, the story was based on lies. The writer was so caught up in trying to nail UVA and the rapists that she overlooked inconsistencies in the girls' stories and failed to perform due diligence with follow-up interviews. Rolling Stone followed suit.

Sorry, RS might be good for something, but journalistic integrity ain't one of those things. I'm shocked they're still publishing.
Was Moser, the author of the this piece about Jordan, the same author that wrote the piece that you're referring to?

If not, what relation would the two authors have with one another that you're aware of?

Reactions: dbldoofus
your point?

My point was, this wasn't the author advancing the theory. Rather, they were relating some of the theories being jumped on by the denizens of social media. I'm not sure how he lost you at that point. Considering the situation with his former aide, it seems relevant that people were going there and he makes sure to point out there is no evidence of that.

Was Moser, the author of the this piece about Jordan, the same author that wrote the piece that you're referring to?

If not, what relation would the two authors have with one another that you're aware of?
Both articles published by the same magazine, which clearly failed to properly vet the story, relying solely on the feelings of the author as their guidance that the story was on the up and up. How do I know that they should have done more to vet the story? They've paid at least $4.65MM to 3 different parties, instead of allowing a jury to hear it.

Both articles published by the same magazine, which clearly failed to properly vet the story, relying solely on the feelings of the author as their guidance that the story was on the up and up. How do I know that they should have done more to vet the story? They've paid at least $4.65MM to 3 different parties, instead of allowing a jury to hear it.
Did Rolling Stone not retract the article in 2015 and apologize that it was published? If so (which they did), would a publication with no history of credibility do such a thing?

How did Rolling Stone win all of these awards over the years for journalism, if they had no credibility?

To my knowledge, Rolling Stone has published one article that was later retracted and found to be false, to which they acknowledged. If one story equals zero total credibility, does this network have even less credibility, who has a history of dozens of deliberately falsely reported stories with zero retraction of any of them? If not, how is one false story worse than dozens and dozens?

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/tv/fox/
Welp, this was easy.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/rollin...-article-but-lots-of-junk-journalism-remains/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/power9...e-retracts-article-about-charlamagne-tha-god/

Last edited:
Ok, time to get real.

Of course Jim Jordan, Hellickson, etc. knew about this doctor. Back in the day everybody knew about the creeps. But creeps like this were more of a running joke in the locker room vs. something to report to authorities. You just knew to avoid them at all cost. Coaches knew to talk to them about backing off. End of story (back then).

Not saying at all this was right but just how things were handled decades ago. I personally find this witch hunt distasteful. The good doctor should be strung up by his balls (of course I know he's dead) but trying to damage the reputations of coaches just doesn't make sense.

A witch hunt is only bad if you don't find any witches.

Thanks for showing me that they're a credible publication!

A publication that has only three retracted articles in 50+ years, all the while admitting their errors, is EXACTLY what we want from journalism. I'll promise you that your local newspaper will have many more retracted columns than that over the course of that time frame.

So, my question remains: how did they and some of their columnists win all of their awards for journalism over the years if everything that they write is false?

A publication that has only three retracted articles in 50+ years, all the while admitting their errors, is EXACTLY what we want from journalism. I'll promise you that your local newspaper will have many more retracted columns than that over the course of that time frame. My friend is an award winning journalist, doing it for 25 years, and he has a retracted or edited column frequently.

So, my question remains: how did they and some of their columnists win all of their awards for journalism over the years if everything that they write is false?
fake awards;).

My point was, this wasn't the author advancing the theory. Rather, they were relating some of the theories being jumped on by the denizens of social media. I'm not sure how he lost you at that point. Considering the situation with his former aide, it seems relevant that people were going there and he makes sure to point out there is no evidence of that.

why bring up "twitterverse" thoughts in the first place....just because twitter goes there, why should a supposed respectable print media go there at all.....

but then again it is RS and they made their bed long ago.

As for losing me, maybe you are new to this forum (i know your not) but this is a PSU board and scapegoating sexual transgressions on persons without concrete evidence other than the "twitterverse".....well I got nothing for you. Im terrible, your great and life moves on.

#bonjovishouldhavegotinlongago
#journalismremainsdead

why bring up "twitterverse" thoughts in the first place....just because twitter goes there, why should a supposed respectable print media go there at all.....

but then again it is RS and they made their bed long ago.

As for losing me, maybe you are new to this forum (i know your not) but this is a PSU board and scapegoating sexual transgressions on persons without concrete evidence other than the "twitterverse".....well I got nothing for you. Im terrible, your great and life moves on.

#bonjovishouldhavegotinlongago
#journalismremainsdead

Considering the overall tone of the article (very anti-Jordan from the beginning), it didn't jump out to me as out of place, but I'm also not a PSU guy so I can understand you being a little more sensitive to that. It simply struck me as an odd reaction given all the other shots and slant (no matter what we think of the situation it would be hard to read that article and expect that it is a fair assessment given some of the vitriol aimed at Jordan's politics). Given how oddly that sentence was structured, I wondered if you just misread it. You didn't. No harm, no foul.

A publication that has only three retracted articles in 50+ years, all the while admitting their errors, is EXACTLY what we want from journalism. I'll promise you that your local newspaper will have many more retracted columns than that over the course of that time frame.

So, first it was, "To my knowledge..." When I pointed out that that pool didn't seem too deep, you change it to, "Only three? ..." Three retracted articles that I found with a 30 second Google search.

Okay, you win. Rolling Stone is the supreme source for truthful, apolitical, award-winning journalism. I'm going to order a subscription today, so they can get my mind right, er, I mean left.

So, first it was, "To my knowledge..." When I pointed out that that pool didn't seem too deep, you change it to, "Only three? ..." Three retracted articles that I found with a 30 second Google search.

Okay, you win. Rolling Stone is the supreme source for truthful, apolitical, award-winning journalism. I'm going to order a subscription today, so they can get my mind right, er, I mean left.
How did they and their columnists win the awards that they've won over 50+ years if they had, "no credibility," as the claim is being made? Whom are they fooling?

How did they and their columnists win the awards that they've won over 50+ years if they had, "no credibility," as the claim is being made? Whom are they fooling?
By putting those two words in quotation marks, you put them in my mouth. Please quote my post where I said them. I'll wait.

ADVERTISEMENT