ADVERTISEMENT

tOSU marching band "Top Gun"

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
this is pretty cool but I wish it was Penn State.

tOSU's "Best Damn Band in the Land" did a "Top Gun" tribute halftime against Purdue. The band got a message from a fan who saw it. The fan invited them to a special screening of the new "Top Gun" movie coming out this spring. The message was from Tom Cruise.

this is pretty cool but I wish it was Penn State.

tOSU's "Best Damn Band in the Land" did a "Top Gun" tribute halftime against Purdue. The band got a message from a fan who saw it. The fan invited them to a special screening of the new "Top Gun" movie coming out this spring. The message was from Tom Cruise.

My brother in law was a top gun pilot when that movie came out. He's looking forward to this one. Even though it's obviously a movie and there will be some liberties taken lol.

Reactions: Obliviax
Their band tries to be cutting edge and excel. Blue Band barely gets to play in Beaver Stadium. 😡😢

Their band tries to be cutting edge and excel. Blue Band barely gets to play in Beaver Stadium. 😡😢
Having a son in the BB these past four years I am biased. BB invests a shit load of time and is among the top ten marching bands in the nation. A lot of Schreyer and engineering students are in the mix composing the band. It is a great fraternity of student musicians. Dr. Drane is a great role model and demands accountability of the students. However, OSU spends more money on its band. OSU demands even more of a time commitment of the band members. They don't concern themselves with academic allowances. Sounds like a familiar theme.

Reactions: Vic Vaselino
Having a son in the BB these past four years I am biased. BB invests a shit load of time and is among the top ten marching bands in the nation. A lot of Schreyer and engineering students are in the mix composing the band. It is a great fraternity of student musicians. Dr. Drane is a great role model and demands accountability of the students. However, OSU spends more money on its band. OSU demands even more of a time commitment of the band members. They don't concern themselves with academic allowances. Sounds like a familiar theme.
My comment was not a ding at the men and women, but rather the folks that barely let them play in stadium and instead pump in music non-stop.

Here’s a link to the halftime show. Opened with introducing the family of a soldier that died in Afghanistan and the playing of Taps.

Credit where due....that was pretty damn clever. I got a kick out of the volleyball depiction which, as you may recall back in the day, was fairly controversial from a homophobic standpoint. I also got a kick out of retracting the landing gear on the jet.

My comment was not a ding at the men and women, but rather the folks that barely let them play in stadium and instead pump in music non-stop.
Reading that a second time, I got it. But thanks for the clarity.

ADVERTISEMENT