ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 Plays Ever?

Yes, without it, there would be no 1982 NC. He was wide open, yet Blackledge threw a pass that was below Bowman's knees.

Plus recruiting. Respect in general. Got us over the hump nationally.

Yes, without it, there would be no 1982 NC. He was wide open, yet Blackledge threw a pass that was below Bowman's knees.
I remember that final drive vividly. I never saw the stadium quite like that before or after. You had to be there to grasp it all. Quite emotional. It all came spilling out that night, the frustrations and denigration of the program were buried deep in the south end zone when Bowman made the catch sealing this pivotal game in the history of PSU football. The steady ascension into the upper echelon of programs was assured this night. National doubt was subdued and in places, erased.

Reactions: NittanyLion15
I remember that final drive vividly. I never saw the stadium quite like that before or after. You had to be there to grasp it all. Quite emotional. It all came spilling out that night, the frustrations and denigration of the program were buried deep in the south end zone when Bowman made the catch sealing this pivotal game in the history of PSU football. The steady ascension into the upper echelon of programs was assured this night. National doubt was subdued and in places, erased.

Not to take anything away from that win, I mean I wasn't even alive yet... (It was four years before my time, but trust me I've watched it multiple times) ...

Penn State was lucky to get past Nebraska, (no way was that a catch) ... there were also other TD's called back due to penalties, missed field goals, etc. Then after getting passed Nebraska, they go on the road the following weekend and got blown out by Alabama... well maybe it wasn't a blow out, but it was a 21 point loss, and the Tide finished 8-4 that year. DIdn't even win the SEC.

Same thing happened in 2005. Team beat tOSU, we danced in the streets, then sure enough on the road the following weekend lose to a 7-5 Michigan team.

I think Penn St. got robbed in 1994, that team was sensational, but part of me thinks the reason we didn't get the split title treatment like Michigan got three years later in 1994 was because of our loss in 82 and close wins in 86. The experts say they look at things year by year, but they remember how teams performed in the past.

We better be ready to roll today. This is a huge game for Franklin, and Sparty has nothing to lose. We haven't exactly handled the games after a loss all that well the past four years. Thank god we had a BYE last week.

Anyways, on that note, It's off to Happy Valley! I'm still not used to playing sparty midway through the season... but at least it feels like it could be Thanksgiving today! Here's to a HUGE win today. Hopefully some plays we can add to a top five list.

Can't get too high with the highs, or too low with the lows! I'm off to State. #BEATSPARTY!

ADVERTISEMENT