ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 comedic series

From your list, I would assume so, but have you seen the Mighty Boosh?
giphy.gif
I have not! Will mentally rolodex.

Reactions: nerfstate
Since nobody else has mentioned it, "Mad About You." "Second City" launched a few careers.

I think Taxi had some great unique comic talent. Kaufman was just off the wall. Devito was a great fit for his role. I think the episode when Christopher Lloyd in a flashback sequence,fries his brain eating a hash brownie when he was a student at Harvard might be one of the funniest 5 minutes of comedy I remember. A little tibit of the scene, his college roommate at Harvard was played by an unknown actor at the time, Tom Hanks.
Latka and Jim were 2 of the funniest characters ever IMO. Kramer is my FOAT.

Ive made it known here before Andy Kaufman was a comedic genius,and surely would have eventually been the leading man in his own sit-com.

My fave scene (and second only too Kramer throwing money down) is Jim at the Drivers test “ SLOW DOWN”

I think Taxi had some great unique comic talent. Kaufman was just off the wall. Devito was a great fit for his role. I think the episode when Christopher Lloyd in a flashback sequence,fries his brain eating a hash brownie when he was a student at Harvard might be one of the funniest 5 minutes of comedy I remember. A little tibit of the scene, his college roommate at Harvard was played by an unknown actor at the time, Tom Hanks.

The Grinder starring Fred Savage and Rob Lowe was hilarious. A true tv travesty that it was only 1 season.

A lot of good ones already mentioned
Seinfeld
Curb
Sunny
Ted lasso
One though that hasn’t been brought up yet is Eastbound and Down.
I probably should've had Eastbound and Down on my list. Danny McBride is one of the funniest humans on the planet. The Righteous Gemstones isn't quite as good, but still excellent.

Reactions: dunkej01
there was a time that NBC had Parks and Rec, The Office, 30 Rock, and Community all on the same night. those are 4 of my top 10 all time favorite comedies all back to back.

also ran: the good place, brooklyn 99, south park, arrested development, chappelle's show, boy meets world

Anyone remember Sledgehammer?
Over the top cop spoof series from 80’s
Hilarious scene where Sledge only has one bullet left so he’s waiting for the 2 bad guys to get lined up so he can hit em both with one shot.
Wife actually bought me the series a few Christmases ago.

Reactions: mcpat and danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT