ADVERTISEMENT

Top 10 pics of beautiful Beaver Stadium

Best picture of Beaver Stadium at Penn State University

• Total voters

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Vote for your all-time favorite picture of beautiful Beaver Stadium.

Pro tip for all you wallpaper seekers: click on image for full resolution.

CCWUukNWEAIWO9Y.jpg

1. Double Rainbow hugs Beaver Stadium in Happy Valley, USA (with obligatory link to a really big fan of double rainbows)

beaver-stadium-and-mount-nittany-aerial-william-ames-and-anthony-gaffari.jpg

2. Beaver Stadium in the shadow of Mt. Nittany: "That's the loudest place to play in the Big Ten." - Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer

2299612946_56984b6e81_o.jpg

3. Penn State University: "The nation's premier college or professional football tailgating venue." - Sports Illustrated

4. Best Road Trip? Penn State. "It had everything you could want. It dominated the terrain, the inside impressed me with size and volume (SO MUCH more than the Big House)! And the fans and band were very welcoming and nice. It was by far my favorite road stadium to visit." - Wisconsin Band member "Jason"

2299614778_a17ddb641e_o.jpg

5. "The Best Student Section in the Country." - Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN [ZOOM IN ON THIS PIC]

2286161599_7846ce2f37_o.jpg

6. Penn State Football: "The Greatest Show in College Sports." - Sports Illustrated

tumblr_nv1j2vAXP61rw79j1o1_1280.jpg

7. STRIPE OUT

2238884563_668710ced5_o.jpg

8. WHITE OUT at Beaver Stadium: "That was by far the loudest I've been to." - Ohio State DB Malcolm Jenkins

Photo%20of%20year%2017.jpg

9. “It felt like the ground was shaking,” Michigan QB Devin Gardner said. “Sometimes we’ll be standing face to face, and I won’t be able to hear myself think or hear you talk.” - Michigan OL Taylor Lewan

psudefault.jpg

10. WELCOME TO THE WHITE HOUSE: “Contrasting what we had then to what we have now is like comparing the horse and buggy with going to the moon.” - Joe Paterno on the evolution of Beaver Stadium

Last edited:
That JVP video brought tears to me eyes, even though I have seen it before! I really miss Joe!
Me too. He was the best.
Thank you, Joe. For everything.
Me too. Can't believe it still hits so hard after all these years. Was going to send it to @PSUEngineerx2, but don't want to ambush him with the sneak-attack feels.
Weather radar at the exact time of JVP's funeral procession:

wunids_map.gif
^^ Exactly what I was looking for!!! Unreal. Wonder if mother nature has her own ideas for honoring JVP on Sept 3. Thanks, @MtNittany. #409

I picked #4. No Stripe Out, no White Out, no gimmicks of any kind. Just a stadium full of cheering fans wearing whatever they wanted. Pure, simple, old school...the way college football was meant to be.

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Me too. Can't believe it still hits so hard after all these years. Was going to send it to @PSUEngineerx2, but don't want to ambush him with the sneak-attack feels.

^^ Exactly what I was looking for!!! Unreal. Wonder if mother nature has her own ideas for honoring JVP on Sept 3. Thanks, @MtNittany. #409

Thanks Chi but you know how those videos make me emotional...even after all these years.

As I've told you before, my father passed when I was 4 yrs old. I looked at Joe as a father figure, as many others did.

Loved that man. Hate with a deep dark passion everyone who tore him apart in his final days.

ugh! they are all just so damn beautiful! @Phil's Rug , that first snowy version of the Beav is sweet!

I can actually find myself in #6. My friend dressed up as Spider-Man for that game so it’s easy to spot the red dot in the student section.

I like them all for different reasons.. any good ones of the 2016 OSU game when the field was rushed? I stayed in the stands to watch but my phone was long dead so no pics were taken. Was a beautiful sight to take in.

That first video with the Hans Zimmer track from Inception in the background was.... moving.
Good taste. My favorite, as well. Even made a post about it over the summer (link). Would love to meet the creator "Bitsandstuff" and shake his hand and offer a small donation for his excellent production titled, "JVP Forever," a tribute to Penn State's Joe Paterno.

A ton of broken links in this thread. I guess the conspirators are acting out again.

Reactions: OhioLion
Vote for your all-time favorite picture of beautiful Beaver Stadium.

Pro tip for all you wallpaper seekers: click on image for full resolution.

CCWUukNWEAIWO9Y.jpg

1. Double Rainbow hugs Beaver Stadium in Happy Valley, USA (with obligatory link to a really big fan of double rainbows)

beaver-stadium-and-mount-nittany-aerial-william-ames-and-anthony-gaffari.jpg

2. Beaver Stadium in the shadow of Mt. Nittany: "That's the loudest place to play in the Big Ten." - Ohio State football coach Urban Meyer

2299612946_56984b6e81_o.jpg

3. Penn State University: "The nation's premier college or professional football tailgating venue." - Sports Illustrated

4. Best Road Trip? Penn State. "It had everything you could want. It dominated the terrain, the inside impressed me with size and volume (SO MUCH more than the Big House)! And the fans and band were very welcoming and nice. It was by far my favorite road stadium to visit." - Wisconsin Band member "Jason"

2299614778_a17ddb641e_o.jpg

5. "The Best Student Section in the Country." - Kirk Herbstreit, ESPN [ZOOM IN ON THIS PIC]

2286161599_7846ce2f37_o.jpg

6. Penn State Football: "The Greatest Show in College Sports." - Sports Illustrated

tumblr_nv1j2vAXP61rw79j1o1_1280.jpg

7. STRIPE OUT

2238884563_668710ced5_o.jpg

8. WHITE OUT at Beaver Stadium: "That was by far the loudest I've been to." - Ohio State DB Malcolm Jenkins

Photo%20of%20year%2017.jpg

9. “It felt like the ground was shaking,” Michigan QB Devin Gardner said. “Sometimes we’ll be standing face to face, and I won’t be able to hear myself think or hear you talk.” - Michigan OL Taylor Lewan

psudefault.jpg

10. WELCOME TO THE WHITE HOUSE: “Contrasting what we had then to what we have now is like comparing the horse and buggy with going to the moon.” - Joe Paterno on the evolution of Beaver Stadium
Find the whiteout picture in sports illustrated front cover. That is the best picture
2005? Possibly?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT