ADVERTISEMENT

Too early weekend jukebox

I've always liked this song but forgot about it until the recent insurance company ad (which makes be laugh because they have a moon rover flying off the edge of a crater and put "don't try this" on the screen!) some pretty racy lyrics BTW.

I'm feeling a little love for the women of the 80s today.

Always liked that T'Pau song - just a very well constructed piece of pop, one of the best of that era. Carol Decker wasn't bad to look at either.

kxW6rm.jpg

Here are some more women of the '80's...

Reactions: rudedude
More Ashley - why she's not a star is beyond me. Maybe not slutty enough for Nashville.

I think Ashley was a Pepperdine cheerleader for a year or two before figuring out the guitar/banjo/keyboard thing. I know she graduated from Pepperdine.

Last edited:
Reactions: dougt24

That Pretenders song is pretty great. I knew a couple of their members died but I didn't know the details until I just looked it up. The dark haired bass guitar (Pete) player was so messed up on drugs that the blonde haired guitar player (James) insisted he be booted from the band. So Pete was booted from the band. And then two days later, James overdosed on drugs and died. Some time later Pete overdosed and died too, by drowning in the bathtub while unconscious because of a heroin overdose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT