ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Romo

I’m a life long, proud Eagle fan. It almost hurts to do this but I will anyway. Tony Romo might be my new favorite football guy in the booth. I need to lay down, I feel dizzy.
I understand, but I think he does a good job

Proud of Tony for not showing favoritism for Dallas. Does a nice job. Better than Phil Simms ever did.

Reactions: VaLion'92
He reminds me a little of the first incarnation of Matt Millen. Y'know, the one who used to be a network color man with a fresh perspective and honest, unpretentious insight. Then that guy went to the Detroit Lions as their GM. Then he returned as a blabbermouth who thought every word leaving his pie-hole was gospel and unquestionably solid gold commentary. I suppose a long tenure in Michigan will do that...sadly.

Last edited:
I’m a life long, proud Eagle fan. It almost hurts to do this but I will anyway. Tony Romo might be my new favorite football guy in the booth. I need to lay down, I feel dizzy.
He really does a great job.

I thought you were going to say Aikman. He's always been a Dallas homer.

Most of us Cowboys fans think Aikman is always taking shots at the Cowboys.

Tony Romo's a great guy. He is who he's always been. Again, as a 'Boys fan I might be somewhat biased, but I could never get the hate for Romo, even with NFC East rival's fans.

My favorite Tony Romo story: He leads the Cowboys to a huge Thanksgiving win vs. the Bucs in 2006. Then on his way home, he pulls his truck over to help an older couple change a tire. When they recognize who he is, they were amazed and grateful. After shaking his hand, the old man tells Tony, "We're coming back from an early Thanksgiving dinner with family. We DVRd the game since we couldn't watch it; do me a favor and don't tell us who won."

Classic!

Reactions: grinagrin

let me help you out:

http://wagsr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Tony-Romos-wife-Candice-Crawford-800x416.jpg

Tony-Romos-wife-Candice-Crawford-800x416.jpg

Last edited:
I thought you were going to say Aikman. He's always been a Dallas homer.

Most of us Cowboys fans think Aikman is always taking shots at the Cowboys.

I agree with you. As a born and bred eagles fan, aikman and romo are my 2 favorites in the booth. Aikman is very unbiased. Joe buck on the other hand is a HUGE cowboys homer. Might be why aikman comes off to some that way. Collinsworth is a close 3rd. Very good knowledge of the game, just comes across as a condescending d!ck.

I do like Aikman overall, but specifically he seemed way over the top last season doing Cowboy games. Maybe because that's the only good team they've had in the past 15 years.

Tony is a millionaire, scratch golfer, hot wife, a lot to be thankful for.

Two stroke penalty!

While he’s a decent golfer, he’s not a scratch player. My club (Skokie CC, Glencoe, IL) hosted The Western Amateur in August.....156 players. Tony shot 80-82, was not close to making the cut to play the third day, finishing 154th. (He was also penalized a stroke for slow play.....his two playing partners were not penalized.)

It's only a matter of time before Tony suffers an injury in the booth and is out for 6 months.

Reactions: harbest
I get the OP attitude.

I grew up in the 70's in Pittsburgh. Of course I loved the Steelers... and hated the Raiders. I didn't really like Madden only becasue of his association with the Raiders team/players. He turned out to be a luvable guy in the booth.

And, I will confess that as a Blue and though PSU fan, I never did like Pitt or anyone that played for Pitt. I do like Dan Marino on the air.

It's amazing how when that athlete or person you hated all your life no longer matters to your existence, you come to the shocking realization that that person has a REAL life and they're not the evil idiot you always pictured them to be. Darrell Waltrip was always the bad guy of NASCAR when I started following it but now when FOX ends it's coverage, I really miss the insights he brought to the broadcast. BTW, I'm not a Cowboys fan by any means but have enjoyed Romo's broadcast work since I heard his first game this year. He kept his nose clean during his playing career and I foresee big things for him. It's sad when people can't separate their hatred of someone because of who they played for when they are no longer playing.

ADVERTISEMENT