ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Carr Draft Projection

Winning the NIT is meaningless. The Chambers extension shows that we aren't committed to winning. Last I checked Washington kept her job as well. Watch the NBA the next several years and tell me how often someone comes back for another year and improves their stock. See how many upper classmen go in the lottery. Carr made the right decision. You're putting the program ahead of the kid.

Praising Sandy won't go over well here and it won't be me arguing with you

You do know "meaningless"......3417 examples to be exact

The fact that he thought he was ready, when clearly he may not even be drafted or make a team, and passed on a chance to be a 1st team all american, made me wonder about this guy.

Signing with an agent was just bizarre. I have never seen anyone project him better than an early 2nd round pick, or at best the last pick of the first round. Foreclosing the option to come back makes one wonder how much he was invested to begin with. Ever since his HS highlights I thought he looked very smooth but kind of slow. If I can see it the NBA can see it. Always thought Stevens was the more exciting player anyway. It will be nice to see Reaves and Stevens and Watkins as the leaders next year. I think those guys really want to win

FWIW, it's not bizarre if TC didn't want to be in college anymore. NBA, G-Leage, Europe might all be more appealing to him.
This coming year, we have the first major prospect choosing the G-league over college. I really hope all the one-and-done kids choose this path moving forward.

Reactions: hilo
You won't have many guys picking the G-League over college with the crappy salary. Next year they're increasing the salary to 35k, which is manageable, but what do you do the other 7 months of the year with no room/board/medical insurance?

FWIW Tony signed with Octagon Management and Marketing company yesterday. Clients also include the likes of Steph Curry, Giannis, TJ McConnell, Jordan Clarkson, Elena DellaDonne, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT