ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight's NBA Draft

LafayetteBear

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2009
Wondering what people here think of Doncic and Trae Young and their prospects for success in the NBA. I think Doncic has a lot of skills, but wonder if his lack of speed will make him less effective in the NBA than he has been in Europe. Bird was no speed burner, but I'm pretty sure Doncic is no Larry Bird.

Young seems remarkably small and slight; even smaller than Steph Curry. But he's damn quick, creative, and has a very good outside shot. I think he has serious upside potential, but he could also be a big bust.

What do you think? Who do you like in this particular draft?

Reactions: NedFromYork
I think a lot of this draft class will take a few years to develop. They are all very young. All good talent with great upside

I don’t think that this is that great of a draft class. My Sixers have two 1st round picks who will likely only be role players on this team.... unless they package and trade.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I think the Suns would be crazy not to take the kid from Arizona as #1. After that....meh.

Trae Young reminds me of the kid from Maryland - Steve Francis.

Doncic - who knows.

I hope the Sixers take Bridges with #10. For no other reason than he is a local player.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and Nitwit
Rumor today was Fultz and 10 pick to trade up to get Porter. That would be beyond mind numbing.

Not a fan of Trae Young's game other than he did attempt to make passes to get his teammates shots. Not that they weren't high risk passes but he did attempt it. Didnt attempt to play much D and is so frail I doubt he can play it very well in the NBA. He will be playing against much bigger and stronger guys in the NBA, I dont see him being more than role guy.

Rumor today was Fultz and 10 pick to trade up to get Porter. That would be beyond mind numbing.

Brett Brown is calling the shots. He will not trade a 19 year old Markelle Fultz before anyone gets to see his true potential.

He will not trade a 19 year old Markelle Fultz before anyone gets to see his true potential.

He will if he thinks it improves his roster. He knows Fultz as well as anyone. If he doesn't think he's a two, he'll be a backup to Simmons. You don't keep a backup point guard if you can trade him to get a quality starter. This is especially true since he also has TJ on the bench.

I think the Suns would be crazy not to take the kid from Arizona as #1. After that....meh.

Trae Young reminds me of the kid from Maryland - Steve Francis.

Doncic - who knows.

I hope the Sixers take Bridges with #10. For no other reason than he is a local player.

What do you think of Lonnie Walker? PA kid who plays the 2.

What do you think of Lonnie Walker? PA kid who plays the 2.

The final few minutes of his one and only NCAA Tournament game was downright pathetic and that's the player I remember him as. He lost the game for Miami and jumped right to the NBA lol.

As a Sixers fan, I dont want him. Many mock drafts have him going middle of the 1st Rd.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
He will if he thinks it improves his roster. He knows Fultz as well as anyone. If he doesn't think he's a two, he'll be a backup to Simmons. You don't keep a backup point guard if you can trade him to get a quality starter. This is especially true since he also has TJ on the bench.
The question is whether Brown believes Fultz can even be a contributor. You have to admit that his rookie season was historically abysmal. It's also a PR risk for the Sixers franchise. Do you essentially trade 3 first rounders (#3 last year, #10 this year and SAC next year) for Porter Jr, who is also an injury risk? If Porter fails, then you've given up three of Hinkie's choice assets with a big doughnut to show for it.

Keeping Fultz and staying at #10 is more in line with The Process philosophy. The more lottery tickets, the better. Fultz could still well come around and who knows at #10 (or maybe even a few picks earlier, if they can trade up)?

The question is whether Brown believes Fultz can even be a contributor. You have to admit that his rookie season was historically abysmal. It's also a PR risk for the Sixers franchise. Do you essentially trade 3 first rounders (#3 last year, #10 this year and SAC next year) for Porter Jr, who is also an injury risk? If Porter fails, then you've given up three of Hinkie's choice assets with a big doughnut to show for it.

Keeping Fultz and staying at #10 is more in line with The Process philosophy. The more lottery tickets, the better. Fultz could still well come around and who knows at #10 (or maybe even a few picks earlier, if they can trade up)?
Could possibly trade down. Price to move into top 5 seems ridiculous. I think they like Knox and Mikel Bridges at 10. But sounds like a number of teams are looking to move up to 10.

Not a fan of Trae Young's game other than he did attempt to make passes to get his teammates shots. Not that they weren't high risk passes but he did attempt it. Didnt attempt to play much D and is so frail I doubt he can play it very well in the NBA. He will be playing against much bigger and stronger guys in the NBA, I dont see him being more than role guy.

I disagree but time will tell. Isaiah Thomas, Nate Robinson, Allen Iverson, Spud Webb, and Muggsy Bogues, are/were scorers who didn't play much D but all did very well.

Porter's medical couldn't have been good....let's see if the Clips take a risk with 2 top 13 picks
No other real surprises. Luca vs. Trae is difficult because of their size. Luca could play almost any position on the floor and he's definitely the better passer. Trae going to have to learn to defend...should be interesting given the trade.

I would have liked Bridges in a 76ers uniform as an upgrade to Robo. I’m not so sure about Smith. Seems this trade was about saving salary cap dollars for a FA and getting another 1st round draft pick. It was “Hinkie like”.

Nice to see the Sixers adding assets and upside. It was painful but it got them to this point. The easy thing to do was to take the 21 yo local kid with a higher floor but is not going to be a perennial all star. Instead the get a raw player with much more athleticism and a very big asset in that pick which is potentially very high in what projects to be the draft of the decade (likely first year 1 and done goes away). And at worst you know Smith is going to be a quality defender.

Very nice move. No way Colangelo pulls it off. Thank God for burner Twitter accounts.

Nice to see the Sixers adding assets and upside. It was painful but it got them to this point. The easy thing to do was to take the 21 yo local kid with a higher floor but is not going to be a perennial all star. Instead the get a raw player with much more athleticism and a very big asset in that pick which is potentially very high in what projects to be the draft of the decade (likely first year 1 and done goes away). And at worst you know Smith is going to be a quality defender.

Very nice move. No way Colangelo pulls it off. Thank God for burner Twitter accounts.
The Spurs might like Smith more than Bridges...

ADVERTISEMENT