ADVERTISEMENT

tO$U wrestleoffs tonight

dunkej01

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
McKenna rode Hayes out but Hayes only one to get a TD. McKenna won 3-2 in ride out.

All mckenna points were E in 1st, 3rd and OT.

Will have another match coming up.

This is for 141 or as they say the priveledge to not get wrecked by zain

this facebook stream is not good. But at least they are trying. Camera person broke to 125 match during the only takedown.

Hayes ridden out in 2nd or choose neutral?

Last edited:
McKenna rode Hayes out but Hayes only one to get a TD. McKenna won 3-2 in ride out.

All mckenna points were E in 1st, 3rd and OT.

Will have another match coming up.

This is for 141 or as they say the priveledge to not get wrecked by zain
If he can't get out from under McKenna, Zain may put him in traction.

Reactions: diggerpup
If he can't get out from under McKenna, Zain may put him in traction.

It is a good sign as PSU will be needing 6 at that weight. Give Zain that much time and you're gonna go flat. McKenna might be able to hold it to a major.

Yikes. McKenna hurt. But able to walk off the mat. What a cluster**** situation for Tom Ryan at 141.

NY couldn't like seeing that. Season on the brink before the all star match is wrestled.

It is a good sign as PSU will be needing 6 at that weight. Give Zain that much time and you're gonna go flat. McKenna might be able to hold it to a major.
No way never....McKenna is NOT going to hold Zain to a major....Zain will tech him or most likely pin him !!!!

Looked like McKenna’s ankle got caught as they fell and twisted inward when they landed. I’ve had that happen before - harder to rehab than the normal type of outward twist.

Happens at about 12:15 of the match embedded in the link. Camera goes off him as he gets treated, but you can overhear the announcers before he gets up at about 14:30 that they’re testing his ankle

http://www.flowrestling.org/article...d-during-ohio-state-wrestle-offs#.WelNJGhOmEf

Last edited:
Watched as much of the tOSU wrestle-offs as I could. My observations: Ke-Shawn is taller and longer but McKenna looked like the overall better wrestler......until he hurt his ankle/knee. Didn't seem too severe ( hopefully ). Bo Jo and Kaleb Romero.....Kaleb looked every bit as large as Bo Jo. But Bo Jo was schooling him in pretty much every position. Kaleb is a definite talent....BO JO is just that good. Myles Martin wrestling Kyle Snyder...........Myles looked BIG....and fast. But Kyle was just clearly stronger. Myles looked good though. Moore vs Singletary......saw Moore shoot ( No Surprise ) but saw Singletary score off Moore's shot. Singletary is pretty darn quick/good as a redshirt. Smith also looked good. If you are looking for a huge dropoff at the Ohio State after this year....I think you might be surprised.

Reactions: hlstone
Yikes. McKenna hurt. But able to walk off the mat. What a cluster**** situation for Tom Ryan at 141.
Lemon:

Did you see the edited post from a JHayes in this thread:

http://board.themat.com/index.php?/topic/15930-mckenna-hayes-wrestle-off/page-1

Think it’s a relative who popped off and thought better of it (instead of going full PD2)? I thought it curious in light of the previous post by Steamboat Charlie.

I think Hayes will be at a serious physical disadvantage at 149 seeing his mat work.

Lemon:

Think it’s a relative who popped off and thought better of it (instead of going full PD2)? I thought it curious in light of the previous post by Steamboat Charlie.

I think Hayes will be at a serious physical disadvantage at 149 seeing his mat work.

I didn't catch it and nobody quoted it. This is a tough situation for sure. I could see how a family member might be a little annoyed. Now it will drag on for another month. Ryan is in a tough spot.

Watched as much of the tOSU wrestle-offs as I could. My observations: Ke-Shawn is taller and longer but McKenna looked like the overall better wrestler......until he hurt his ankle/knee. Didn't seem too severe ( hopefully ). Bo Jo and Kaleb Romero.....Kaleb looked every bit as large as Bo Jo. But Bo Jo was schooling him in pretty much every position. Kaleb is a definite talent....BO JO is just that good. Myles Martin wrestling Kyle Snyder...........Myles looked BIG....and fast. But Kyle was just clearly stronger. Myles looked good though. Moore vs Singletary......saw Moore shoot ( No Surprise ) but saw Singletary score off Moore's shot. Singletary is pretty darn quick/good as a redshirt. Smith also looked good. If you are looking for a huge dropoff at the Ohio State after this year....I think you might be surprised.

Were they showing live practice go's or something?

Lemon:

It’s his dad, he posts on the Ohio board but he is the complete opposite of PD2

Good parents remember not to get out in front of their child, but to support from the side or behind. Maybe he realized he had done so upon reflection. I agree that Hayes seems like a really cool headed father.

Reactions: chalkstream1
No date = coachspeak. Bet he said the same about Hunter Stieber.

Hayes to Zain's weight? We hardly knew ye.
We knew Hunters injury was serious, Tommy John surgery usually takes a whole year or 2 to come back from Tomasello had a partial meniscus tear and it sounds like he had it scoped which is a quicker recovery.
It didn’t matter who was at 149 based on the wrestleoff they’d both get mauled on bottom against him

Were they showing live practice go's or something?

It is on video.....it was streaming but I am pretty certain it is recorded so you can view it. There was a number of guys wrestling around while the wrestle-offs were going on so you can see most of their guys in action/practice

ADVERTISEMENT