ADVERTISEMENT

To Return or Not to Return, That is the Question

My wife went to Clarion. We would always check out the Loomis and then breakfast at some place that had everything named after law words. And one time I opened her front door to her apartment and Ed Rendell was standing right there, which seemed so odd. I guess he was meeting his gang of people before the ALF festival. He sort of looked at me like hey man, don’t heckle me or something and I just remember saying Hey Ed, and closed the door.

Reactions: Sullivan
Don’t think we can declare it offseason until we get a definitive answer on if Cael screwed up by not running Verk out at B1G.
Definitively, Cael did not screw up by running Beau out at 149.
I guess we are now in the offseason.

Reactions: Sullivan
I hear ya, but if one is in Punxsutawney, is one really in civilization to begin with? I say this as someone who has seen the town, and that town is a place that sets back time by 50 years.
I lived there for 6 1/2 years and absolutely loved it! It ruined me for ever wanting to live in a city!! But to each is there own!

Philipsburg is a helluva lot bigger than punxsy. Try renovo that will set back a few years lmfao and no I don't live in renovo but I pass through on my way to kettle creek and Gods country quite often
Renovo makes those other towns look like NYC. Most of the towns in NC PA do though, with the exception of Wellsboro, which is kept up better. I would like to have seen Renovo before all the industry shut down. I bet it was something.

Remember the same thing. Mimos in windber is decent. But your right things just don't taste the same. Being in Bedford county we eat at claysburg pizza. It's just not the same but their strombolis are still worth it.
D'Arc's Pizza in Windber is still good but back in the day ( Late 60's to early 80's ) when it was also an Italian Grocery Store selling only imported supplies.....it was easily the best pizza I have ever had. 3-4 different cheeses...chunks of tomatoes.....Hmmm. When the two original Italian ladies worked.....heavenly. They typically worked one day a week at the Son's of Italy Club......the line was long...and worth it. I lived directly across from Claysburg Pizza for several years. Not even close. I liked Mimo's but D'Arc's had no equal.

Two relevant posts in a short period of time. What's this world coming to?

First post reflects these revelations.

Reactions: Maddog
Willie puts in his 2022 crystal ball rankings that he expects Gable to be back at heavyweight. Among many other interesting things.

Looks like another National title to me. :)
Philipsburg is a helluva lot bigger than punxsy. Try renovo that will set back a few years lmfao and no I don't live in renovo but I pass through on my way to kettle creek and Gods country quite often
True story...coming back from a friends camp in God’s Country very late so we stop in Renovo to get a room...I ask for a room and the guy at the desk says, “With, or without?” I reply, “With or without what?” His reply, “A bathroom.”
case closed on podunk towns! Renovo hands down.

Off topic but if you ever need a haircut and you are in another podunk town called Clarion, I understand George's Barber shop is the place to go.
Just out of curiosity when does a town move out of podunk phase and into whatever? How big must it be lol
Renovo makes those other towns look like NYC. Most of the towns in NC PA do though, with the exception of Wellsboro, which is kept up better. I would like to have seen Renovo before all the industry shut down. I bet it was something.
I've seen some pictures it was a bustling railroad town. One of our next big recruits hopefully comes from there.

True story...coming back from a friends camp in God’s Country very late so we stop in Renovo to get a room...I ask for a room and the guy at the desk says, “With, or without?” I reply, “With or without what?” His reply, “A bathroom.”
case closed on podunk towns! Renovo hands down.
Lmfao. True story I was almost out of gas coming back from kettle creek on a Thursday night. Gas stations closed at eight. Manager told me I would have to get a room at the keystone and get gas in the morning wtf. I shit you not. I had a buddy from lock haven fun me up some gas just to get home. Podunk

Let us not forget, Ant has at least another year left. If he doesn't make the Olympic team, can he at least wrestle Ferrari at the Scuffle?

Lmfao. True story I was almost out of gas coming back from kettle creek on a Thursday night. Gas stations closed at eight. Manager told me I would have to get a room at the keystone and get gas in the morning wtf. I shit you not. I had a buddy from lock haven fun me up some gas just to get home. Podunk
Ha. I am old enough to remember when ALL gas stations closed at night......and didn't open on Sundays :)

All this talk of small towns.........I am in the suburbs (nose in the air)

of Edinboro;)

Looks like everyone at Iowa needs to sit on the bench next year behind everyone else who is staying. I'm surprised Young is staying but Kemerer will put up a fight with Brands...it won't be easy

Apparently on some other boards there is some noise about Patrick Kennedy transferring to SDSU

Eierman is 24, not having grandkids any time soon. Thanks for playing though. o_O

Geez man, I was on the five year plan when I graduated weeks before my 23rd birthday and college was getting a little old. I don't understand the appeal of being there @ 25. Time to move on with life..

If Lee beats him again, what's left? Quoting Animal House ?

"Seven years of college down the drain".

You have to assume everyone comes back and they make a last run because they are in trouble the year after that. If I had to pick one not coming back I'd agree with your Kemerer pick. I think that would be his 7th year of college. They already call him grandpa. It could be in question if the university is willing to give DeSanto an extra scholarly depending how egregious it was that he said especially with his history. (Most likely no big deal) Lee could be in question too. Myself having had an acl reconstructive surgery I cant imagine wrestling without one or two.

Young married Brands daughter, I'm pretty sure he wants them to get a place of their own at some point and he should shoe 'em up a tree already.

ADVERTISEMENT