ADVERTISEMENT

To Return or Not to Return, That is the Question

So, the off season starts with a "My Podunk Town is Way Better Than Your Podunk Town." It's like the previous off season never ended.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm posting this from my podunk town. Don't want podunk town dwellers everywhere to be offended.

Last edited:
So, the off season starts with a "My Podunk Town is Way Better Than Your Podunk Town." It's like the previous off season never ended.

Edit: Just to be clear, I'm posting this from my podunk town. Don't want podunk town dwellers everywhere to be offended.

Just to be clear, I had no dog in that fight. I just found it odd that someone would insult a whole town and I thought it would be interesting to understand his frame of reference - then found out he was from another “podunk” town.

Oh, and BTW Punxsy has a Sheetz as well. Not sure about the chips, but I’ll let you know the next time I make it through there. LOL!!

Philipsburg, PA?? And you think Punxsutawney sets time back? Okay . . .
Philipsburg is a helluva lot bigger than punxsy. Try renovo that will set back a few years lmfao and no I don't live in renovo but I pass through on my way to kettle creek and Gods country quite often

Philipsburg is a helluva lot bigger than punxsy. Try renovo that will set back a few years lmfao and no I don't live in renovo but I pass through on my way to kettle creek and Gods country quite often
The population of Philipsburg is 2,770 with a land area of 0.88 square miles. The population of Punxatawney is 5,962, with a land area of 3.42 square miles.

Much like Zahid Valencia, Philipsburg apparently just seems a whole lot bigger.

Uh, no it’s not. I think Philipsburg is about half the population of Punxsy.

Reactions: nitlion6

Typical off season thread turning into a vacation spot and food review thread. All we're missing is a beer and wine review for Punxy, Phillipsburg and Johnstown.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
The population of Philipsburg is 2,770 with a land area of 0.88 square miles. The population of Punxatawney is 5,962, with a land area of 3.42 square miles.

You beat me to it.

Typical off season thread turning into a vacation spot and food review thread. All we're missing is a beer and wine review for Punxy, Phillipsburg and Johnstown.
Usually it takes a few weeks. That its 3 days is truly impressive.

Only to be out done is the competition on BWI for hawk related threads vs tHR with psu related threads.

The offseason is upon us, ladies and germs.

Don’t think we can declare it offseason until we get a definitive answer on if Cael screwed up by not running Verk out at B1G.

Reactions: ClarkstonMark

Lol you have got to be kidding me. I never knew that learn something new every day. I live in lock haven. Here we are civilized lol

We (Johnstown) do not put out beer and wine reviews. We do however provide listings and advertise (especially in philly/nj area) on where to find and secure government assisted housing and drug treatment centers in the greater Johnstown area. We also like to keep the population aware of which local agencies keep Narcan on hand. What can I say.... we care about the people.

Anyway, who has some recipes they’d like to share?

Last edited:
We (Johnstown) do not put out beer and wine reviews. We do however provide listings and advertise (especially in philly/nj area) on where to find and secure government assisted housing in Jtown. We also like to keep the population aware of which local agencies keep Narcan on hand. What can I say.... we care about the people.

Anyway, who has some recipes they’d like to share?
I took a few geese off my pond the last month before the end of the season.

Wrapped them in bacon and did on grill.

I think in the fall I might try to make some goose burgers. It's the least I can do for all the baths we have to give my dog after rolling in goose sh!t.

Why let facts get in the way...

Marinelli coming back is a minimal concern. At this point, he's clearly shown that he wilts under the bright lights of the NCAA Championship Tournament. He's had ample opportunity to prove otherwise and he's failed to do so.

Reactions: Lyons212
C'mon Pappys is the best pizza in the johnstown area
Meh... I think it used to be but they changed their sauce 25 years ago or so. Just ain’t as good as it once was. Have great memories of the place going back to my childhood watching the pizza makers toss the dough through the glass and getting a pappys hat and mustache on my birthdays. Always couldn’t wait for Tuesday. That was 1/2 price pizza night (still is) so that’s where the family ate every week. If I was lucky I got a few bucks in quarters to play Pac-Man and Turbo while waiting on the food. Lol. Still go there here and there for Stromboli night and they have great fish sandwiches. Rarely do I get pizza anymore. It’s shitty like pretty much every other pizza joint in Johnstown. Lol

C'mon Pappys is the best pizza in the johnstown area

If you like a slightly sweet sauce like I do, Parkway Restaurant in Portage makes a good pizza pie. The recipe originated on the other side of town at a place across the street from the drive-in. It moved across town about 20 years ago or so. When I am home, I usually make a special stop at least once or twice for a Parkway pie.

I took a few geese off my pond the last month before the end of the season.

Wrapped them in bacon and did on grill.

I think in the fall I might try to make some goose burgers. It's the least I can do for all the baths we have to give my dog after rolling in goose sh!t.
Do the geese nest on your pond? We had a pair return every year (arkansas). I fed him whole corn and named the gander Honkey. This year I hope to semi-tame a crow or 2.

Reactions: danoftw
If you like a slightly sweet sauce like I do, Parkway Restaurant in Portage makes a good pizza pie. The recipe originated on the other side of town at a place across the street from the drive-in. It moved across town about 20 years ago or so. When I am home, I usually make a special stop at least once or twice for a Parkway pie.
Yup. It’s about the best around here in my opinion. I even buy a few of the frozen ones to take home and throw in freezer. Not nearly as good as a fresh pizza but it’s not bad. Oh and I remember well when they were by the drive inn. It was family night to go to Parkway (Hi -Jo’s I think back then) for some pizza then catch a movie. Saw some good ones too. Herbie was a favorite of mine. Think it was double feature that night because I vaguely remember watching the movie of a donkey that kicked field goals. Lol

Reactions: danoftw and Ski
Meh... I think it used to be but they changed their sauce 25 years ago or so. Just ain’t as good as it once was. Have great memories of the place going back to my childhood watching the pizza makers toss the dough through the glass and getting a pappys hat and mustache on my birthdays. Always couldn’t wait for Tuesday. That was 1/2 price pizza night (still is) so that’s where the family ate every week. If I was lucky I got a few bucks in quarters to play Pac-Man and Turbo while waiting on the food. Lol. Still go there here and there for Stromboli night and they have great fish sandwiches. Rarely do I get pizza anymore. It’s shitty like pretty much every other pizza joint in Johnstown. Lol
Remember the same thing. Mimos in windber is decent. But your right things just don't taste the same. Being in Bedford county we eat at claysburg pizza. It's just not the same but their strombolis are still worth it.

Remember the same thing. Mimos in windber is decent. But your right things just don't taste the same. Being in Bedford county we eat at claysburg pizza. It's just not the same but their strombolis are still worth it.
The son is running Mimos now so don’t go as much since old man Mimo called it quits. His brother has a pizzeria downtown that’s not too shabby. Mimos pizza is half decent but mainly go for their Hot hoagies because their fresh bread is fantastic. Gotta watch what day you go so you don’t get the bread that sat around a day or two. The boy raised the prices on everything and to talk to him he acts like he doesn’t even want to be there. And heard by quite a few people he treats his employees like shit. I’m pretty sure he has aspirations to get into politics so the restaurant really isn’t a love for him like it was with his dad.

Reactions: helixville
When I first joined the board all people wanted to talk about was the haircuts in Clarion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT