ADVERTISEMENT

To my Fellow Septuagenarians....

4theglory54

Nov 11, 2012
So my wife and I were discussing which, "Light My Fire" version we preferred; she, The Doors, and me Jose Feliciano; when the conversation turned to songs/groups that captured that period state of mind; Doors, Hendrix, Stones, etc., etc., etc., ....so many,... but for me, I always come back to CS&N. So I offer the following 2:

and

Enjoy the weekend and stay out of harms way!

So my wife and I were discussing which, "Light My Fire" version we preferred; she, The Doors, and me Jose Feliciano; when the conversation turned to songs/groups that captured that period state of mind; Doors, Hendrix, Stones, etc., etc., etc., ....so many,... but for me, I always come back to CS&N. So I offer the following 2:

and

😎
wow mindreader or something playing in my brain all week-end

Reactions: 4theglory54
Two great bands. My wife and I went to a coffee shop yesterday that happened to be playing a Doors compilation. I was thrilled. My wife tuned it (and me 😞 ) out.

What am I doing wrong?
I copy video URL, I click on the image insert box, I paste the URL hit insert and I get an error message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Trying to post CSN - Cathedral

I

and

Crosby, Stills, usually Nash, and sometimes Young. I was in the VA Beach area of Virginia way back in the 1980s and a local radio station played their music all weekend and that is what the DJ called them and since then I have always thought of them that way. Lots of great music.

What am I doing wrong?
I copy video URL, I click on the image insert box, I paste the URL hit insert and I get an error message.

I
Try simply pasting the copied URL into the dialog box.

Reactions: BBrown

and

Thanks for sharing. I find that I like both versions of "Light My Fire" equally. It just depends on my mood. I will say that when I heard Jose Feliciano's version, I was blown away.

"Wooden Ships" seems to be an underrated song, IMO. I prefer CSN's version vs. Airplane's and I love Airplane.

What am I doing wrong?

I

You need to click on the link image NEXT TO THE IMAGE ICON (on the left) then paste your link.
Or just paste the link.

Reactions: Fac
Thanks for sharing. I find that I like both versions of "Light My Fire" equally. It just depends on my mood. I will say that when I heard Jose Feliciano's version, I was blown away.

"Wooden Ships" seems to be an underrated song, IMO. I prefer CSN's version vs. Airplane's and I love Airplane.
Never knew until yesterday that Wooden Ships was about surviving after a nuclear war.

Two great bands. My wife and I went to a coffee shop yesterday that happened to be playing a Doors compilation. I was thrilled. My wife tuned it (and me 😞 ) out.

That's a fantastic song (that I've been aware of for a long time). There was a thread on here awhile back about how Classic Rock stations are so stale because they play the same thing over and over and yet there is so much good music from old bands that they never play and that song is a good example of it.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT