ADVERTISEMENT

Time will tell if we missed out on Tony Sacca.

19333lion

Jan 30, 2016
With my limited assessment skills, I don't think he is quick enough for LBer or sudden enough for DE.

I hope he has a good career.

Definitely something weird about that recruitment. Neither side seemed that interested in one another.

Definitely something weird about that recruitment. Neither side seemed that interested in one another.
BOTH sides should have been more interested.

From OUR side, we should have been more interested because he's an excellent overall athlete and because he's a legacy. We are not UGA or Bama; we can't afford to be that picky. At least, we should have ADMITTED we were more interested.

From HIS side, he should have been more interested. He's a LEGACY. To not even put us in his final 5 is insulting. By doing that, Sacca just threw us the finger! Based on that, I don't care how well his career goes. You know, "don't let the door hit you in the ass" is my goodbye to him.

From OUR side, we should have been more interested because he's an excellent overall athlete and because he's a legacy. We are not UGA or Bama; we can't afford to be that picky. At least, we should have ADMITTED we were more interested.

From HIS side, he should have been more interested. He's a LEGACY. To not even put us in his final 5 is insulting. By doing that, Sacca just threw us the finger! Based on that, I don't care how well his career goes. You know, "don't let the door hit you in the ass ass" is my goodbye to him.
Geez sour grapes. How is choosing another school throwing the finger? PSU is not for everyone.

With my limited assessment skills, I don't think he is quick enough for LBer or sudden enough for DE.

I hope he has a good career.
Not in his top 5. The way Tony was treated by this fan base was ridiculous. I predict Notre Dame and Al Golden.

From HIS side, he should have been more interested. He's a LEGACY. To not even put us in his final 5 is insulting. By doing that, Sacca just threw us the finger! Based on that, I don't care how well his career goes. You know, "don't let the door hit you in the ass" is my goodbye to him.
BS... We were not interested and legacies are seldom as good and athlete as their parents were. Sometimes yes but most often no.

Reactions: marshall23 and Fac
Geez sour grapes. How is choosing another school throwing the finger? PSU is not for everyone.
I said not putting us in his final 5 is insulting. That was the reason for the "finger" comment, not because he'll end up choosing someone else. Learn to friggin read.

PSU continually produces great defenses and great defensive players. I’m sure we’ll be all right without him.

Also, Rucci was a legacy who spurned PSU, This fall, he’ll be suiting up in the Blue and White. Who knows; maybe the same thing wi happen with the Sacca kid.

His dad going here doesn't obligate him to consider us in his top 5

Yeah I don’t remember Tony being treated bad at all. I think his brother took more heat.

John took heat because he was not as good as tony. What did the fans do? Wasn't his beef was with Joe?

PSU continually produces great defenses and great defensive players. I’m sure we’ll be all right without him.

Also, Rucci was a legacy who spurned PSU, This fall, he’ll be suiting up in the Blue and White. Who knows; maybe the same thing wi happen with the Sacca kid.
I hope not. It would mean that he wasn't good enough to make an impact at ND.

I hope not. It would mean that he wasn't good enough to make an impact at ND.
No. Plenty of transfers who made an impact and still transfer. Also some who made no impact, transfer and make a big impact somewhere new.

Tony Sacca outplayed the Heisman trophy winner vs Miami at the Orange Bowl in 1991 with virtually no help from his offensive line. One of the best performances by a Penn State quarterback against top competition.
He was a really good QB in 1991. It's too bad he had to be thrown to the wolves his freshman year. We might have won it all in 1992, or at least been close. He might have gotten one of the two Heismans that Beano Cook had predicted. Instead, John threw a pick to Darren Krein and our season collapsed - from 5-0 to 7-5.

Why would/should a player list PSU in his top five if PSU is not in his top five?
He should lie so some insignificant and anonymous fanboy on a message board doesn’t cry in his beer?
Get a life, people. Absolutely shameful for an adult to tell a high school kid “don’t let the door hit you in the ass” because he makes the college choice that is right for him and his family.
Seriously, read what you have typed and think about it for a minute before you hit “post.” It might just save you some embarrassment.

Why would/should a player list PSU in his top five if PSU is not in his top five?
He should lie so some insignificant and anonymous fanboy on a message board doesn’t cry in his beer?
Get a life, people. Absolutely shameful for an adult to tell a high school kid “don’t let the door hit you in the ass” because he makes the college choice that is right for him and his family.
Seriously, read what you have typed and think about it for a minute before you hit “post.” It might just save you some embarrassment.
1000%. Although, is it really surprising with some of the posters we have? Also, I'm sure you can look all around CFB at legacy son's not playing at their dad's alma mater -- and I bet a handful of them didn't have dad's school in the top 5. Some in our fanbase live in another galaxy.

Should we spurn Solomon Enis and wish him ill b/c he chose Utah rather than PSU? So, Pat Surtain Jr., should have considered Southern freaking Miss b/c his dad went there? LOL, some posters on here truly are loony bins.

Last edited:
None of the Mannings or the Grandson went to Ole Miss.

Let’s talk about the guys we got and not the guys we didn’t. Good luck to the kid. Nothing wrong with picking ND. Great school and great tradition. In today’s world, kids will be recruited throughout their careers. You never know.

Tony Sacca outplayed the Heisman trophy winner vs Miami at the Orange Bowl in 1991 with virtually no help from his offensive line. One of the best performances by a Penn State quarterback against top competition.
And yet, if he ran the ball with 30 open yards in front of him at the end of the game they probably go on to win.

People just like to bitch. The kid owes us nothing. His life, his choice. Best of luck to him when he's not playing against us.

Reactions: lilromeo
There’s also something up with St Joe’s Prep and PSU. Besides John Reid they don’t seem to ever send their kids to PSU.

This I was at that game
Must have been 110 degrees on that field.
He just ran out of gas at the very end

He was a really good QB in 1991. It's too bad he had to be thrown to the wolves his freshman year. We might have won it all in 1992, or at least been close. He might have gotten one of the two Heismans that Beano Cook had predicted. Instead, John threw a pick to Darren Krein and our season collapsed - from 5-0 to 7-5.
Was there....ugh

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT