ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Curley, Gary Schultz lose in Mike McQueary motion in Penn State case

I was of the opinion that the motion was more to press the issue that Baldwin was their attorney than they were worried about anything harmful to them being released. Would have been great if the motion had been upheld, but doesn't hurt them that it wasn't.

Who cares if Curley and Shultz lose? Get all of the information out there. No transparency. They've got nothing to hide right??

Reactions: Trey Suevos
I was of the opinion that the motion was more to press the issue that Baldwin was their attorney than they were worried about anything harmful to them being released. Would have been great if the motion had been upheld, but doesn't hurt them that it wasn't.

Agreed. C/S attorneys doing due diligence to get case thrown out. Didn't happen, but Baldwin testimony isn't damning, so it was all upside with nothing to lose.

When C/S attorneys are being paid for by PSU, the attorneys will find any and every angle to rack up billable hours. I have to believe the attorney bills for C/S/S that PSU has paid must be well over $2 million dollars by now considering the length of what is going on. It is an attorney's wet dream.

Question for the all knowing. If PSU and Freeh have a attorney/client privilege, why doesn't C/S and BaldwIin? I'm not getting how they pick and choose what is A/C privilege and what isn't. There must be a lot going on behind the scenes for this to take so long.

When C/S attorneys are being paid for by PSU, the attorneys will find any and every angle to rack up billable hours. I have to believe the attorney bills for C/S/S that PSU has paid must be well over $2 million dollars by now considering the length of what is going on. It is an attorney's wet dream.

Bush league. More to come.

The irony here is that if CSS are cleared, then PSU will have paid millions to trash the university via the freeh report and then paid millions to have the report effectively repudiated by CSS being cleared. Is that outcome insanity or genius?

Reactions: simons96
Two million dollars? Each of the defendants has exceeded that by at least twice. Spanier's lawyers have probably charged well in excess of $5 million to date, but then Spanny has alternative funding sources available. In fact Spanier just added three lawyers from the Washington office of Sullivan & Cromwell (one of the most expensive law firms in the world) to his appellate team, including the head of the appellate division. Undoubtedly he's looking forward to his US Supreme Court appeal following his loss in the PA state courts.

Two million dollars? Each of the defendants has exceeded that by at least twice. Spanier's lawyers have probably charged well in excess of $5 million to date, but then Spanny has alternative funding sources available. In fact Spanier just added three lawyers from the Washington office of Sullivan & Cromwell (one of the most expensive law firms in the world) to his appellate team, including the head of the appellate division. Undoubtedly he's looking forward to his US Supreme Court appeal following his loss in the PA state courts.

Oops. Maybe psu shouldn't have thrown them under the bus since they knew they would be on the hook for their legal costs. Doesn't seem like a well thought out plan...or maybe it was, since the BOT is all about protecting the BOT. They don't give a damn about PSU, never have.

Reactions: WeR0206

The Curley/Schultz link here is very tangential (although, of course, any headline with those names in it generates more "clicks")

Mike M's lawsuit is against Penn State.

This issue arose because - in seeking discovery in the suit against PSU - some of the contended materials (e-mails) may also have contained ACP related information and discussions related to C/S defense. Given that, C/S filed to suppress those documents as tangentially related to their case.

I can't fault them for doing so - obviously this entire "Her Honor" Cindy Baldwin fiasco is a travesty.

That said, the Judge did rule that Mike M and his counsel CAN have access to those e-mails (IIRC, it was a half-dozen or so e-mails).....
And that - IMHO - is a good thing for those folks pursuing the truth (whether or not it was a proper ruling wrt ACP or not....I don't know, since I wasn't party to the arguments made, nor to the specifics of the communications in the e-mails).

But, in a broad sense, the more illumination the better.
So I am happy, in that sense, that PSU must now produce the documents for discovery. Since this is not an "open" case, we will not have privy to the contents of those documents unless/until they are used at trial. And so, for that reason - if no other - I am also hopeful that this case WILL proceed to trial and we will all have access to all of the discovery materials.

Anyone who truly seeks the "truth" should feel the same.

Oh good Lord......Mr "Pitiful" Junior

Well, then it would appear that the Board's decision to throw them under the bus was a very expensive mistake.

#FiduciaryDuty

Well, then it would appear that the Board's decision to throw them under the bus was a very expensive mistake.

#FiduciaryDuty
Curley and Schultz began racking up attorney bills the moment after their arrest, before the Board lifted a finger. Remember, Curley agreed to go on administrative leave and Schultz went back into retirement voluntarily. Hell, the very first communication from the University was unequivocal in its support for Curley and Schultz. The only way you could claim that C/S were "thrown under the bus" by the Board was through the Freeh Report - which will have absolutely no effect on their criminal trials and the attorney bills accumulated thereof.

Reactions: belair al
Curley and Schultz began racking up attorney bills the moment after their arrest, before the Board lifted a finger. Hell, the very first communication from the University was unequivocal in its support for Curley and Schultz. The only way you could claim that C/S were "thrown under the bus" by the Board was through the Freeh Report - which will have absolutely no effect on their criminal trials and the attorney bills accumulated thereof.
Bullcrap - spanier supported them and got fired for not following the BOT storyline.

Curley and Schultz began racking up attorney bills the moment after their arrest, before the Board lifted a finger. Remember, Curley agreed to go on administrative leave and Schultz went back into retirement voluntarily. Hell, the very first communication from the University was unequivocal in its support for Curley and Schultz. The only way you could claim that C/S were "thrown under the bus" by the Board was through the Freeh Report - which will have absolutely no effect on their criminal trials and the attorney bills accumulated thereof.

The board threw them under the bus well before the Freeh Report was issued. Erickson's first statement as PSU President presumed their guilt. The Letter of Engagement implicitly assumes their guilt.

Don't be dishonest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT