ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Banks Gone?

jmorovich

Apr 28, 2015

Not sure how valid this report is but it’s something I guess

Might fall in line with this

If it comes to be....

Moorhead - may prefer coaching east of the Mississippi. A pay raise is a good incentive too.

Banks - Michigan native. Former DC at his alma mater of Central Michigan. Hard to turn down a P5 DC position and the $$$ which comes along with it.

Apparently Harbaugh and UM are trying to spend their way out of third place.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
If it comes to be....

Moorhead - may prefer coaching east of the Mississippi. A pay raise is a good incentive too.

Banks - Michigan native. Former DC at his alma mater of Central Michigan. Hard to turn down a P5 DC position and the $$$ which comes along with it.

With PSU coaches.

Reactions: TheGLOV
We need someone to counter Locksley's recruiting. Today MD signed a 5* LB recruit out of Florida.
That 5 star LB out of Florida had no where else to go. He decommitted from Tennessee in hopes of committing to Auburn, then Malzahn got fired. He then tried to go back to Tennessee and they said no thanks. It left Maryland and Miami and Miami would not accept his LOI. This kid has a lot of character issues and got kicked out of school. Locksley will take anyone with a pulse so that’s how he ended up at MD. If you watched the kids commitment today, he didn’t know why he committed to MD.

That idiot Locksley will eventually coach himself out of the Maryland job, but the way he recruits he’ll leave a stocked roster for the next guy.

Reactions: PSUALREADYKNOW
What happened to Muschamp to UM? That was reported as if it was a done deal.

Reactions: TheGLOV
If it comes to be....

I am unimpressed,. Jo Mo and i know I am in. the minority had a really strong cast of skill players. Trace, Geisicki, Godwin, and of course Saquan. He wasn't much of a recruiter as I recall and presumably they would fire Gattis who is a great recruiter.
So scUM - gets a better but not great OC, but loses a good recruiter in Gattis.
They get an in experienced DC who was an average safeties coach. He can probably lock down in state recruiting but hasn't shown much other recruiting sparkle.
As bad as Don Brown got I would give UM a small improvement on both sides but nowhere near what 2 new coordinators should get you.

PSU shouid/could see a nice step up. Surely a safeties coach at the equal level and likely a recruiter who can hit a more target rich area for us with Bank's success.

Reactions: 81b&w
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT