ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger Woods is up by 2 with 1 hole left

Nitwit

Jul 18, 2001
Pennsylvania
He just made a difficult up and down in 2 to preserve his lead going into 18. He just crushed his drive down the middle of the 18th fairway. He’s beating the best in the world today in the Fed Ex Championship Tournament in Atlanta. It’s amazing that he’s made it all the way back now and is competing with the kids.

He appeared emotional after tapping in for his par on 18. With all he’s be through or put himself through during the past few years, he must have felt tremendous relief. With this win he also finished second to Rose for the Fed Ex Championship. The comeback is now over. While many may have written him off, Tiger is now officially back.

Assuming Tiger plays decent in the Ryder Cup, the hype around The Masters might reach an all time high

It's a 30 player tourney, let us know when he wins a real tourney.

It’s the 30 best players in the world. The Fed Ex Cup “super bowl”. He was 6th two weeks ago when it was the top 70. He was 2nd in the PGA tournament. 6th in the Open. And finished 2nd in the Fed Ex Cup standings.

The dude had major back surgery and had to build a new swing. I’m very impressed with his season. I’m predicting a better season in 2019.

Tiger's all about Majors, as am I. Let's see what he does at the Masters.

The sad thing about Tiger's plight is that, all golfers get old. Even if he didn't have his multiple issues and his People magazine events, he'll still be a year older next year. Father Time doesn't give a shit about ambien or drunk driving or Hooters' girls.

Tiger has a charisma and when he wins he charges almost as Arnie used to in the glory days. Not really comparing them other than emotionally, the drive they have/had. Tiger is good for golf. He draws interest to the game. Big names tend to do that. Arnie did that, Jack did and Tiger does. A plethora of middling names no matter how talented do not seem to have that "it" thing that only a few innately carry within themselves. Tiger has it. Glad to hear he finally got that first win after his troubled times. Hope he can maintain his competitive abilities as long as physically possible. I'm not a Tiger fan per se but a golf fan who earned my livelihood in the business. I like what is good for the game, Tiger is good for the game both in the past, present and the future.

It's a 30 player tourney, let us know when he wins a real tourney.
Cream of the crop tourney...do you think there are players who skipped this with the $$$ involved..think! Best thing that could have happened for golf...Did you see the crowd on #18?..hahaha..your bias is showing!

He looked physically uncomfortable on the back nine and during the award ceremony. It was great seeing him win, but we better enjoy it while we can. His back is a ticking time bomb.

Golf World/Digest...

A footnote to Woods' victory:

Since it's been a while since Woods last won a PGA Tour event (2013) or a major championship (2008),

it turns out that his march at East Lake earned him his second biggest official tournament payday—$1.62 million—in his 22-year career on tour.

The only bigger payday came when he won the Players Championship and its $1.71 million in 2013.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ho...h-golfer-earned-at-the-2018-tour-championship

Golf World/Digest...

Since it's been a while since Woods last won a PGA Tour event (2013) or a major championship (2008),

it turns out that his march at East Lake earned him his second biggest official tournament payday—$1.62 million—in his 22-year career on tour.

The only bigger payday came when he won the Players Championship and its $1.71 million in 2013.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/ho...h-golfer-earned-at-the-2018-tour-championship
Pocket change for him

Reactions: T J
Golf World/Digest...

Actually, he won 4.62 million today. He gets an extra 3 mil for finishing second in the Fed Ex Cup.

I believe he also won $3M for finishing second to Rose. That fortunate bounce for Rose on 18 was a $7M bounce.....although he still might have gotten up and down for his birdie from the sand.

Reactions: T J
I believe he also won $3M for finishing second to Rose. That fortunate bounce for Rose on 18 was a $7M bounce.....although he still might have gotten up and down for his birdie from the sand.

Not a bad season for DeChambeau. He made over 10 mil, $8,094,489 in earnings plus the 2mil bonus for finishing 3rd in the FEC.

Worried about Phil next week. Seems like he's hit a wall in the past month. The guy played an awful lot of golf this season.

Not a bad season for DeChambeau. He made over 10 mil, $8,094,489 in earnings plus the 2mil bonus for finishing 3rd in the FEC.

Worried about Phil next week. Seems like he's hit a wall in the past month. The guy played an awful lot of golf this season.

Hopefully Dr Phil will rise to the occasion. The Fri and Sat matches are such a totally different challenge than the Sun single matches.

Talk about playing a lot of golf, I THINK I heard (or read) that Tiger ended up playing as much golf this year as any year ever (or maybe in the last 10-15 years). Or something like that.....coming off his injuries, he did play A LOT of golf this year anyway you look at it. After next weekend, he deserves some very well earned time off.

Reactions: Relayer
Tiger's all about Majors, as am I. Let's see what he does at the Masters.

The sad thing about Tiger's plight is that, all golfers get old. Even if he didn't have his multiple issues and his People magazine events, he'll still be a year older next year. Father Time doesn't give a shit about ambien or drunk driving or Hooters' girls.
That sounds a lot like a Ped St post.

Well, stand alone moron. You obviously dont know shit about golf and you also dont know shit about beating the best players in the world after having fusion surgery...what a dolt!
that third round was simply awesome. I've got a friend who was inside the ropes as a runner for a twosome on Saturday and Sunday. He said the greens, especially yesterday, were really fast and a problem. Almost all of the greens slope from back to front so they tucked the pin just behind a sand trap so you had to clear the trap but then had a very fast downhill putt on almost every hole. He said the players were mentally drained after their rounds.

That event yesterday was a awesome event for golf. I'd place it just behind the majors and the Ryder cup.

And speaking of that, Lefty was gassed and just phoned it in yesterday. I am told he is talking his family to Paris today and is getting energized for the Cup. He won't play the same crappy golf in the Cup as he did yesterday.

Tiger has had 4 back surgeries (including 2017) plus his other ailments. He looked totally spent on the 18th tee yesterday. What he has accomplished is unprecedented in golf. The guy is an amazing player. Enjoy him while you still can.

ADVERTISEMENT