ADVERTISEMENT

Tics, Ticks, Pancetta and Bacon ...

I grew up going there all the time. When I went to take my daughter and it was closed, I was so disappointed. I think they closed it to the public when they closed the ab barns as well 🙁
Prevention of cross contamination is huge now in farming. There are even decontamination rules for ag inspectors as they visit different farms during the day.

I'm surprised they haven't eliminated showing animals in fairs.

Reactions: PSUer1989
If you wash it into your clothes do you need to be careful sitting on furniture at home if you have cats (once it’s dried)?
I honestly don't know. I don't use it. We have it at work and everyone loves it. For whatever reason, ticks don't like me. I spend tons of time in the outdoors for work and personal time and very rarely have one crawling on me. Some of my relatives and coworkers aren't so lucky.

Well hello. 👋. lol. I’m actually in Warsaw area. The “twin lakes” region.
I pass through between the lake and Shawnee Mission Area quite a bit as we still have our house there as well. Met my wife on the boat ramp at the point of Blue Cat Cove across from Dick’s long before it became Dick’s.

Maybe we can meet up some time at one of the Warsaw Bar and Grills.

I honestly don't know. I don't use it. We have it at work and everyone loves it. For whatever reason, ticks don't like me. I spend tons of time in the outdoors for work and personal time and very rarely have one crawling on me. Some of my relatives and coworkers aren't so lucky.
I know there are studies that some people are less prone to mosquito bites due to blood type/chemistry. It would seem to make sense that this would impact ticks too.

My youngest son and I can sit outside and get a few bites; at the same time, my ex-wife and oldest boy will get swarmed

I’ve been thrown out of Dicks before.. too many, too early. 😢
My brother-in-law and I (along with my wives grandfather) got run out of there one 4th of July weekend. They sent us up to Laurie to pick up some last minute groceries and we stopped for a cold one on the way back - which ended up lasting into the evening. I did “shoot the minnow” while the brother-in-las was biting them in half and down the hatch.

Reactions: LOTOlion
I pass through between the lake and Shawnee Mission Area quite a bit as we still have our house there as well. Met my wife on the boat ramp at the point of Blue Cat Cove across from Dick’s long before it became Dick’s.

Maybe we can meet up some time at one of the Warsaw Bar and Grills.
In in, although I’m about 30 minutes from Warsaw itself. There aren’t really any bar and grills left except one. Which we could do. Perhaps Captain Ron’s? I enjoy browsing the bikinis. 😬

My brother-in-law and I (along with my wives grandfather) got run out of there one 4th of July weekend. They sent us up to Laurie to pick up some last minute groceries and we stopped for a cold one on the way back - which ended up lasting into the evening. I did “shoot the minnow” while the brother-in-las was biting them in half and down the hatch.
Years ago I had a typical twin engine lake boat. 😉We used to visit party cove often. We did the same, stopped for brunch, were kicked out by 3 or 4 maybe, don’t really remember. There were families in there at the time, somehow I ended up convincing the girls I was dancing with to go topless. Needless to say, the families or owner were not impressed.

I know there are studies that some people are less prone to mosquito bites due to blood type/chemistry. It would seem to make sense that this would impact ticks too.

My youngest son and I can sit outside and get a few bites; at the same time, my ex-wife and oldest boy will get swarmed
Ticks don't like me, but mosquitos definitely do.

I figured it had to be something with blood chemistry or my love of everything garlic and spicy hot.

If mosquitos are around my wife or middle daughter will get eaten alive while I, my son, and my other daughter won't get a bite. We are all blood type O but the wife and middle daughter are Rh negative while the rest of us are Rh positive. I'll have to look to see if a study has been done but that's the only difference I can see in the five of us.

If you wash it into your clothes do you need to be careful sitting on furniture at home if you have cats (once it’s dried)?
For the stuff you spray on clothes and gear, I think you’re fine once dry. I have a cat and have never had issues. But please read the label yourself in case I’m wrong!

Years ago I had a typical twin engine lake boat. 😉We used to visit party cove often. We did the same, stopped for brunch, were kicked out by 3 or 4 maybe, don’t really remember. There were families in there at the time, somehow I ended up convincing the girls I was dancing with to go topless. Needless to say, the families or owner were not impressed.
Funny, I’m a former Private Pilot. Used to own a loaded up Piper Arrow before marriage. When she wouldn’t get in, I sold and bought boat. Still burned through.cash, but not quite as fast as a $150.00 hamburger at some far off airport that I ha no other reason to visit.

Deet on your skin; Permethrin on your clothes and gear.
Cabelas, Bass Pro or similar stores sell rock gaters for waders to keep stones out of your ankle boots. I bought a pair and use them around my hunting pants at the bottom to keep ticks from going up my pant legs. They are made of neoprene and are about 6" wide with velcro, so they adjust and are easy on and off.

Reactions: mcpat
Funny, I’m a former Private Pilot. Used to own a loaded up Piper Arrow before marriage. When she wouldn’t get in, I sold and bought boat. Still burned through.cash, but not quite as fast as a $150.00 hamburger at some far off airport that I ha no other reason to visit.
lol. $150 hamburger. 😂 I can’t imagine filling the 300 gallon tank on the lake right now. Betting gas prices will be 6 to 7 a gallon this summer.

I feel like this is all my fault 😞
giphy.gif

@LOTOlion. I was snagging on the lake last week while in that area visiting my daughter. So beautiful in that area!
Spoonbill capital is the world. I do enjoy it here. Very quiet during the off-season for sure around these parts. You, @KCLion and myself should get together sometime. 👊🏻

ADVERTISEMENT