ADVERTISEMENT

Tics, Ticks, Pancetta and Bacon ...

Candidly no, it wasn't. Obviously I'm very excited about this. But the name I got was an older wrestler and now I'm doubtful of it's accuracy. My source is a good source but not a primary source (the wrestler himself or the family/coach) but it is a guy who tends to know his stuff and would have ties to that area.
If your buddy is generally spot on I wouldn't brush off what he told you. Dalton announcing his desire to be a PSUer doesn't change what he knows. Especially if what he knows is coming from the room. Even if the staff was aware Willie was going to announce the commitment for the kid this is a verbal commitment they aren't going to be talking about.

Last edited:
My guess is David Carr.

Fills a need for us. Appears to be pretty good friends with some PSU studs in his class. Seems pretty strong in his faith, similar to some PSU wrestlers and coaches - with his father being a minister (iirc) this may have influence. Fell short of his goals (I assume) this season. Father’s family is from Erie, brother coaches at Lock Haven. Junior World freestyle champ so NLWC is appealing. Father undoubtedly knows Cael from both being ISU legends. Askren’s “not Penn State?!?!?” reaction indicates a “rich getting richer” type of transfer who publicly has acted in a way that would plant the seed in Ben’s head for it to be The Good Guys.

I fault you more for the bottled minced garlic. @82bordeaux can whine all he wants about the proper meat. But the key is always always fresh garlic!
The real secret to good Italian.
giphy.gif

All I can say is this; if a kid posts his commitment tomorrow on social media, I want him. I don't care what weight and where he's ranked. Every team can use that sense of humor and confidence.
Even better....I want the kid that commits to the enemy tomorrow on social media, then takes it back on the 2nd and truly commits to us. Gold.

Shapiro tomorrow..."I'm committing to wrestle for the Hawkeyes."
Shapiro on the 2nd..."Pysch. April Fools. I'm a Nit.""

Would be absolute gold and the kid could never not be the favorite child....

I fault you more for the bottled minced garlic. @82bordeaux can whine all he wants about the proper meat. But the key is always always fresh garlic!
No garlic in carbonara ever!!!

Guanciale
Pecorino Romano
Eggs
Black pepper
Starch water

Keep it simple. That’s all it is. Any other ingredients are American add-ins.

ADVERTISEMENT