ADVERTISEMENT

Tickets on the App

RLCookie

Mar 14, 2014
Dallastown PA
I just looked at my tickets on the App. It says my tickets for Ball State will be ready in 19 days and 10 hours and 30 minutes ( Aug 13 at 3:30). Auburn will be ready in 26 days. It appears the tickets will be released in a staggered format and not made available until 30 days prior to the game.

Just wondering if others are seeing the same thing?

I just looked at my tickets on the App. It says my tickets for Ball State will be ready in 19 days and 10 hours and 30 minutes ( Aug 13 at 3:30). Auburn will be ready in 26 days. It appears the tickets will be released in a staggered format and not made available until 30 days prior to the game.

Just wondering if others are seeing the same thing?
Yes same shows up in our account

Someday they might tell us the face value of these tickets too. Makes it lots of fun to sell tickets to your friends for “I’ll let you know”

Single game tickets…we know. Away game tickets, we know. A PSU Season ticket holder? Nope. I even asked and was rebuffed.

I don’t need the barcode now. I can transfer that to them anytime. But seriously….a face value doesn’t need to be a secret.

Someday they might tell us the face value of these tickets too. Makes it lots of fun to sell tickets to your friends for “I’ll let you know”

Single game tickets…we know. Away game tickets, we know. A PSU Season ticket holder? Nope. I even asked and was rebuffed.

I don’t need the barcode now. I can transfer that to them anytime. But seriously….a face value doesn’t need to be a secret.
Digital tickets do not have a price on them. Tickets for concerts, etc that can be stored on a smart phone wallet app only have a barcode and generic info on them.

Digital tickets do not have a price on them. Tickets for concerts, etc that can be stored on a smart phone wallet app only have a barcode and generic info on them.
But they do have a price and we don’t have the same price per game as the single game seats. I don’t care if they arent on the ticket, really, but my friends do care what I’m selling them for. This has become a problem with value pricing, which is a good way to price but right now has season ticket holders in the dark.

PSU said they will let us know, just not yet. And THAT is what drives the ridiculous. Again, I know what single game PSU single game prices are, and I know what my away game prices are. Yet a PSU season ticket holder doesn’t know……

But they do have a price and we don’t have the same price per game as the single game seats. I don’t care if they arent on the ticket, really, but my friends do care what I’m selling them for. This has become a problem with value pricing, which is a good way to price but right now has season ticket holders in the dark.

PSU said they will let us know, just not yet. And THAT is what drives the ridiculous. Again, I know what single game PSU single game prices are, and I know what my away game prices are. Yet a PSU season ticket holder doesn’t know……
If you go to the Virtual Venue, you can click on your seating section and it will provide you with the overall cost of tickets for that section. It won’t give you the breakdown for each game. Don’t know if you tried this, hope it helps.

I think every game had the same ticket price. Take the total cost of what you spent on season tickets and divide by the number of tickets and divide by 7. Should be around $63 or something. I don’t think, penn state went to different prices for different games for season tickets. I am not factoring in donation to this price.

as fast single tickets, that might be different or at least they add the donation in to the price. Meaning, if you are buying a single game seat in the $600 section and additional $80 plus dollars is added to the ticket price.

Checked my tickets from 2019. They had different prices on them and I'm sure also different from single game sales

Reactions: BBrown
I think every game had the same ticket price. Take the total cost of what you spent on season tickets and divide by the number of tickets and divide by 7. Should be around $63 or something. I don’t think, penn state went to different prices for different games for season tickets. I am not factoring in donation to this price.

as fast single tickets, that might be different or at least they add the donation in to the price. Meaning, if you are buying a single game seat in the $600 section and additional $80 plus dollars is added to the ticket price.
I will have to go back and check some of my stubs from 2018, 2019 but I'm almost positive PSU went to a different pricing system per game.

in 2019
Idaho was $40.00
Pitt $85.00
Michigan (white out) $99.00

I dont know if prices varied by season ticket zone. Mine are in Red zone

Gives Penn State a bigger window to try to get people to buy tickets from them and pay full price.
Less competition from the after market sellers. Who knows what logic PSU and ticketmaster have

I ordered single game tickets today. Now I see what the students were complaining about. The Ticketmaster site was slow and error prone. It took 45 minutes to order 18 total tickets to 3 games. In prior years it was much faster.

I ordered single game tickets today. Now I see what the students were complaining about. The Ticketmaster site was slow and error prone. It took 45 minutes to order 18 total tickets to 3 games. In prior years it was much faster.
Here's the thing ... nobody that should give a $hit about those issues .... gives a $hit about those issues.

I used to be the one that would make sure I had the xtra tickets to give/sell to friends. It became too much of a pain and that was before the last few seasons.

I am very glad I gave up all my extra tickets and told them to find another source, but their own.

I still don’t feel the mobile app is that big of a deal, however the BS with now having staggered release dates is absolutely wrong and shame on Penn State for doing that.

Has anyone spoke to the ticket office about the releasing of tickets 30 days before the game? Has there been an official announcement?

I will have to go back and check some of my stubs from 2018, 2019 but I'm almost positive PSU went to a different pricing system per game.
They very definitely went to value game pricing for all of us and season ticket holders had a different price (lower) than single game.

That was a real pleasure when my post Thanksgiving Rutgers ticket was value priced nearly 100% higher than the single game fire sale price of $30.

whatever the case, there is no reason not to tell us. On the other hand, I’ll probably just charge my friends the single game price and see how that works. Not sure why they create this problem.

I used to be the one that would make sure I had the xtra tickets to give/sell to friends. It became too much of a pain and that was before the last few seasons.

I am very glad I gave up all my extra tickets and told them to find another source, but their own.

I still don’t feel the mobile app is that big of a deal, however the BS with now having staggered release dates is absolutely wrong and shame on Penn State for doing that.
I bit the bullet and called the ticket office and paid the extra $65 for printed tickets. It just seemed the easier way to go.
The people I sometimes give my tickets to are not going to want to go through all the apps and downloading jazz and frankly I don't either.
Took 10 minutes on the phone and said they will be mailed out shortly. I should have asked if others were going the printed route.

I bit the bullet and called the ticket office and paid the extra $65 for printed tickets. It just seemed the easier way to go.
The people I sometimes give my tickets to are not going to want to go through all the apps and downloading jazz and frankly I don't either.
Took 10 minutes on the phone and said they will be mailed out shortly. I should have asked if others were going the printed route.
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know this was an option. Must have missed it somewhere.

Also glad I found this thread. I was looking today to try and find the price for season ticket with no luck. I also so they release the tickets throughout the season. Total BS.

did the same thing for the same reasons:)

Just out of curiosity BB, did the NLC give that option to buy printed tickets in one of their new letters?

Transferred concert tickets to two different friends this weekend and it was a simple process. Folks should not fret over this.
Did you transfer via Ticketmaster? The PSU tickets are originating in a Ticketmaster app. Will the recipient of a PSU football ticket transfer also need their own Ticketmaster app or will their email suffice?

I hate TM however you almost need it these days. My Penn State, NFL, and NHL tix all are TM and without App you are f d. Is what it is.

So Ticketmaster has also entered into some type of business monopoly with PENN STATE ,
It is what it is, right RG
If my monopoly you mean doing at Penn State what they do across the country sure…it is what it is.

What is BS and is on Penn State is the phased release. TM would only do that per Penn State’s request.

Reactions: step.eng69
So Ticketmaster has also entered into some type of business monopoly with PENN STATE ,
It is what it is, right RG
I bought 2 tickets for a Railriders game a month or so ago. The stadium is now completely no cash. Ticketmaster is the only option to buy tickets and parking. There was a 8 dollar fee for each ticket for a freaking AAA baseball game. The kids love the games but if I'm going to drop $100 for a AAA game I'd rather drive to Philly or NYC and see the real deal.

Of course, thank you....so what is the real intention for the phased release?
I’m sure they would tell us to make it easier for fans to only have to worry about one game at a time.

In reality to probably make it harder for fans to sell tix.

Reactions: step.eng69
Supposedly the phased release is not going to happen. Sometime before season all tickets will be available for transfer, etc
Confirmed today from three different sources (Ticket Office, NLC and long time athletic department contact) that the tickets will be downloaded this week. The 30 day window before each game was just a place holder.

Hope this helps for fellow posters.

ADVERTISEMENT