ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Prices for Citrus Bowl

BostonNit

Mar 15, 2003
Seem to be pretty reasonable. It looks like you can get in the stadium for as low as $50/ticket plus fees. Now airfare to/from Orlando over the holidays? That's a different story. lol

Seem to be pretty reasonable. It looks like you can get in the stadium for as low as $50/ticket plus fees. Now airfare to/from Orlando over the holidays? That's a different story. lol
Just a 3 hour drive for me, looking forward to the game. Hate to admit but last bowl game I attended was against LSU, won that one 16-9 (?) great catch by Chuck Hearn (I think), older guys than I will remember that one. Think Tom Sherman may have been the QB.

Reactions: john4psu
Just a 3 hour drive for me, looking forward to the game. Hate to admit but last bowl game I attended was against LSU, won that one 16-9 (?) great catch by Chuck Hearn (I think), older guys than I will remember that one. Think Tom Sherman may have been the QB.

That looks right, if you're referring to the Orange Bowl after the 1973 season. When you mentioned LSU I thought you were referring to the game in 2010. Still the worst field conditions I've ever seen for a football game, college or High school. It was borderline unplayable. Given the weather we've had this season, fingers crossed for some nice weather!

5844458833e10.image.jpg

Close but 0-2!

Tom SHUMAN to Chuck HERD!

Reactions: Bob78
Ticket prices reasonable. Parking prices outrageous. I was lucky to get a parking pass last night from the Citrus Bowl website for $42.80 including fees. The only passes they have left today are in a high school lot that does not allow alcohol. The same parking pass I bought are now going for $100.00 plus on StubHub etc.

That looks right, if you're referring to the Orange Bowl after the 1973 season. When you mentioned LSU I thought you were referring to the game in 2010. Still the worst field conditions I've ever seen for a football game, college or High school. It was borderline unplayable. Given the weather we've had this season, fingers crossed for some nice weather!

5844458833e10.image.jpg

The Outback Bowl vs Auburn was a mess too. Players were hydroplaning all over the place when being tackled.

Reactions: NittanyLion15
Shuman was the QB remember the punt return TD that was called back.

Ticket prices reasonable. Parking prices outrageous. I was lucky to get a parking pass last night from the Citrus Bowl website for $42.80 including fees. The only passes they have left today are in a high school lot that does not allow alcohol. The same parking pass I bought are now going for $100.00 plus on StubHub etc.
Park in city ramps and take the shuttle. It takes hours to get out of the lots and to get on I-4. You wasted $42.80

I planned a long while back to take my wife and kids to Disney World and it just happens to be the same time we are there. Hmmm...

Reactions: john4psu
Just got the Alumni Assoc. email, they are selling tickets at $116 a pop

Buying through Alumni Assoc. is sometimes a good deal and sometimes the complete opposite. Guess it comes down to if you really want to sit in PSU's ticket allotment section with other PSU fans who got theirs through the Alumni Assoc. as well.

Bought tickets for Rose Bowl 2 years ago from Alumni Association (I think $125/ticket), which ended up being great deal as they were going for much higher than that leading up to the game (Believe highest ticket price that season for non-CFP game?)

Other recent games through Alumni Assoc.....not so much a great deal depending on the Bowl/Game. I bought tickets to the B1G Championship vs Wisconsin through Alumni Assoc. for close to $100/ticket. Day of tickets on StubHub were going for $10 and less in the same section...

This year for the Citrus Bowl I took a little risk this past Saturday night...
After all Conf. Championships were completed, it was pretty clear PSU was going to be left out of NY6 and very good chance at going to Citrus Bowl. Tickets for bowl games were already on StubHub, etc. to buy even though there weren't teams yet assigned to the bowls until Sunday afternoon. I bought six tickets 4 rows off the field for $55 a ticket. Around 3:30pm when it became official that Penn State was going to Citrus, the tickets in that same section on StubHub jumped from $55 a ticket to around $200 a ticket.

Enjoy your week of hell at Disney. That’s the busiest week of the year.

I don't care to much for that kind of stuff ANYTIME of the year. However, it's all about the kids and they don't care, they'll still have a great time. I will still be watching and rooting for the good guys.

Reactions: MaconNitt
Anyone know what time bars open in Orlando for the Citrus Bowl? They offer the shuttle from downtown, but it'd be kind of boring to just go park then hop on the shuttle

I don't care to much for that kind of stuff ANYTIME of the year. However, it's all about the kids and they don't care, they'll still have a great time. I will still be watching and rooting for the good guys.

Which ones are the good guys? Mickey, Minnie? Who are the bad guys? Donald? Pluto?

Reactions: PennState_one
Buying through Alumni Assoc. is sometimes a good deal and sometimes the complete opposite. Guess it comes down to if you really want to sit in PSU's ticket allotment section with other PSU fans who got theirs through the Alumni Assoc. as well.

Bought tickets for Rose Bowl 2 years ago from Alumni Association (I think $125/ticket), which ended up being great deal as they were going for much higher than that leading up to the game (Believe highest ticket price that season for non-CFP game?)

Other recent games through Alumni Assoc.....not so much a great deal depending on the Bowl/Game. I bought tickets to the B1G Championship vs Wisconsin through Alumni Assoc. for close to $100/ticket. Day of tickets on StubHub were going for $10 and less in the same section...

This year for the Citrus Bowl I took a little risk this past Saturday night...
After all Conf. Championships were completed, it was pretty clear PSU was going to be left out of NY6 and very good chance at going to Citrus Bowl. Tickets for bowl games were already on StubHub, etc. to buy even though there weren't teams yet assigned to the bowls until Sunday afternoon. I bought six tickets 4 rows off the field for $55 a ticket. Around 3:30pm when it became official that Penn State was going to Citrus, the tickets in that same section on StubHub jumped from $55 a ticket to around $200 a ticket.
I stopped buying through the alumni assoc. about ten years ago when I compared the tix I got through them vs. stubhub. I realized I could get better seats cheaper. It definitely soured me on alumni seats. Just make sure you are on the right sideline .

Reactions: MilesBarkley
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT